Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Elephant in the Room - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Elephant in the Room (/Thread-Elephant-in-the-Room)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Elephant in the Room - Murdock2420 - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 12:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No doubt about that. I thought after 2015 I'd never let my expectations get too high, but after that Ravens win I thought we had a good chance to sweep the table. Now look. We're arguing about Andy Dalton and whether or not Nico brought him up first. Le sigh...

Well would could go back to arguing about who we should have taken with....  Ninja Ninja

the inaguarial class of the ring of honor. What did you think I meant??

RE: Elephant in the Room - Nicomo Cosca - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 12:02 AM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton was already headed to his second post season and winning season by this time. My "hot take" isn't as hot as you may hope. Burrow actually has a pretty long way to go to reach Dalton's heights, and he's already 2 years behind schedule. Dalton's legacy is not in jeopardy of being challenged. And may not be.

Yes, his 80.4 and 87.4 passer ratings were the main reason we went to the playoffs his first couple years. Nothing at all to do with those “Team Zimmer” defenses…

If our week 1-7 defense showed up the last couple games we’d be well on our way to the playoffs, too. But yes, Burrow absolutely needs to stop throwing so many picks. No two way about it.

RE: Elephant in the Room - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 12:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In fairness, Burrow directly scored 10 points for the Browns with those 2 picks.

The defense was bad though, no doubt.

My problem with the first pick was who was defending in that direction: Denzel Ward. I saw him play at Ohio State and he feasted on whip routes; I think Cleveland made a great decision to draft him. Lots of cornerbacks can be easily beaten on whip routes but Ward is a beast against them.

When the ball left Joe Burrow’s hand I yelled, “That’s six!” because I saw Ward break to the inside. That football was his from the get-go; he made a great play on a not-so-good pass.

RE: Elephant in the Room - Murdock2420 - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 12:16 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My problem with the first pick was who was defending in that direction: Denzel Ward.  I saw him play at Ohio State and he feasted on whip routes; I think Cleveland made a great decision to draft him.  Lots of cornerbacks can be easily beaten on whip routes but Ward is a beast against them.  

When the ball left Joe Burrow’s hand I yelled, “That’s six!” because I saw Ward break to the inside.  That football was his from the get-go; he made a great play on a not-so-good pass.

Good take on things.

It is possible to be critical of the INTs and want to see improvemnet while also supporting Burrow and having faith he isn't going to be a bust. Not sure why some people have to take criticism of play as shitting on a player and why some people have to take bad throws to mean a guy is a total bust. 

RE: Elephant in the Room - Frank Booth - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 12:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: rent_free.jpg]

the irony is thick

(11-08-2021, 12:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes, his 80.4 and 87.4 passer ratings were the main reason we went to the playoffs his first couple years. Nothing at all to do with those “Team Zimmer” defenses…

If our week 1-7 defense showed up the last couple games we’d be well on our way to the playoffs, too. But yes, Burrow absolutely needs to stop throwing so many picks. No two way about it.

this guy is still bitching about Dalton

Nicomo is a gift. Christmas came early!

RE: Elephant in the Room - bfine32 - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 12:50 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: this guy is still bitching about Dalton

Take the W and move on. And I had no idea your real name was Christmas

(11-08-2021, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Take the W and move on. And I had no idea your real name was Christmas

OH!

RE: Elephant in the Room - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 12:50 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: this guy is still bitching about Dalton

I would have traded Andy Dalton after 2015 for a king’s ransom and multiple draft picks, loaded up both lines, and rolled with AJ McCarron into 2016 and beyond. AJ McCarron came the closest to ANY quarterback in the Marvin Lewis era to winning a playoff game.

McCarron played like garbage in the playoff game against the Steelers but when it mattered he threw a go-ahead pass to AJ Green with 1:52 left in the fourth quarter before Jeremy Hill got butterfingers and Vontaze Burfict and Pacman Jones went batshit crazy.

McCarron was the opposite of Dalton. Dalton was amazing in regular season games but wilted under pressure. McCarron was freakin’ amazing under pressure. Dalton had poise and tenacity but McCarron had swagger and cojones.

Now we’re longing for AJ McCarron…

[Image: well-welp.gif]

RE: Elephant in the Room - Nately120 - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 01:02 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I would have traded Andy Dalton after 2015 for a king’s ransom and multiple draft picks, loaded up both lines, and rolled with AJ McCarron into 2016 and beyond.  AJ McCarron came the closest to ANY quarterback in the Marvin Lewis era to winning a playoff game.

McCarron played like garbage in the playoff game against the Steelers but when it mattered he threw a go-ahead pass to AJ Green with 1:52 left in the fourth quarter before Jeremy Hill got butterfingers and Vontaze Burfict and Pacman Jones went batshit crazy.

McCarron was the opposite of Dalton.  Dalton was amazing in regular season games but wilted under pressure.  McCarron was freakin’ amazing under pressure.  Dalton had poise and tenacity but McCarron had swagger and cojones.

The whole game mattered and McCarron was crap for 75% of it.  

(11-08-2021, 01:02 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: but wilted under pressure.  McCarron was freakin’ amazing under pressure.  

thats a 1 game sample size lmfao

RE: Elephant in the Room - Bengalholic - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 01:02 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I would have traded Andy Dalton after 2015 for a king’s ransom and multiple draft picks, loaded up both lines, and rolled with AJ McCarron into 2016 and beyond.  AJ McCarron came the closest to ANY quarterback in the Marvin Lewis era to winning a playoff game.

McCarron was the opposite of Dalton.  Dalton was amazing in regular season games but wilted under pressure.  McCarron was freakin’ amazing under pressure.  Dalton had poise and tenacity but McCarron had swagger and cojones.

Yeah, because McCarron has accomplished so much in the NFL. Good lord, this is getting ridiculous.

RE: Elephant in the Room - bfine32 - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 01:19 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, because McCarron has accomplished so much in the NFL. Good lord, this is getting ridiculous.

Well he has had the highest QB rating for a Bengal in the playoffs in the last 34 years

(11-08-2021, 01:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well he has had the highest QB rating for a Bengal in the playoffs in the last 34 years

[Image: 6f1317c5-d63e-4793-b7a1-ad4886f224ee_text.gif]

RE: Elephant in the Room - Shake n Blake - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 01:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well he has had the highest QB rating for a Bengal in the playoffs in the last 34 years

That's like bragging about being the thinnest kid in fat camp.

RE: Elephant in the Room - rfaulk34 - 11-08-2021

(11-07-2021, 09:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: His pick 6 was just a bad throw. Jesus I don’t know what people expect.

You can't fix stupid. Like the stupid takes of, he needs to prove anything to some nobody fan in here and that maybe he'll eventually be a top 10 QB. Pure stupidity and the reason this forum is literally impossible to read and take seriously lately. The same nobodies with their same stupid takes. I had to put a toilet back in today in my basement and the sewage smell was more pleasant that some of the bullshit being spewed on here. 

If it wasn't for this stupid invention of the internet, i wouldn't have to read all the crap being typed around here and i'd never know that such ignorant people existed. Mellow

Are interceptions a problem? Duh. Of course they are. Were dropped passes a problem today? Damn right they were. Were all the missed tackles a problem? Yeah, for the 2nd week in a row. Does Baker Mayfield have a vagina where his arm should be? Hell yes he does.

I was actually pretty chill today, even with the outcome of the game. It wasn't surprising or anything i haven't seen before. Then i had to make the mistake of coming on here and reading all this shit...

(11-07-2021, 09:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: stop deflecting the issue.. it is not about Dalton.. it is about Burrow.. as you stated you were not on here in 2013.. but i assume you watched the Bengals in 2013, there was less worry on Dalton since he won games in the 4th quarter and had taken us to playoffs  his first two seasons and overachieved by his draft pick status.. Burrow is totally different.. are you telling me that you are not concerned about what you are seeing of late from Burrow as #1 pick?

Burrow > Herbert. Even throwing twice as many interceptions. 

RE: Elephant in the Room - Bengalfan4life27c - 11-08-2021

Burrow is Mahomes light. He is only in his 2nd season it's still fixable. Taylor needs to go before he ruins Burrow. Otherwise we have a Philip Rivers Brett Favre type. Id rather have a Brady or a Rogers that rarely makes a mistake

(11-07-2021, 09:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I can't help but wonder what Chargers fans were saying when Herbert completed 54% of his passes as the Chargers lost 2 in a row. Did they have as many fans as us saying the season's over, our young QB stinks and future of mankind is doomed?  Mellow

These young QB's - no matter how talented - are going to have growing pains and make some mistakes. These teams like the Chargers and Bengals are learning how to be competitive and win consistently in this league, while being young teams on the rise.

The guy has been a top 5-8 QB that needs to get one area of his game ironed out that hadn't been a problem in the past, but no, none of that matters. Only the interceptions.

Back in the day we only had Mulligan going for 100 posts about how bad Dalton was. These days there are about 3 or 4 guys doing it for Burrow. 

That puts an indelible stench on this forum.