Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What would you like to happen? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What would you like to happen? (/Thread-What-would-you-like-to-happen)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: What would you like to happen? - Nepa - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 04:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if this was earlier in the year 100% gotta replay it.  But there just isnt time left to do so

To some extent there is time to resume the game, at the same point, because the two weeks break before the Super Bowl can always become a one-week break. Two weeks always seems too much anyway. They can push the playoffs back a week. Playoff teams all get a week extra. I'm sure you can't push the Super Bowl back, but playoff games surely can, because you never know whether a team would be playing anyway.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Mickeypoo - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:47 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: That's fair enough may dude. While I think this is just such an unfortunately and unusual situation that I'm happy enough with an 'unusual' resolution, I don't think it's easy to resolve this one. I see solutions I like more than others, but can't say I've seen one I think ticks all boxes. There probably just isn't one. 

I completely agree.  Horrible situation.

RE: What would you like to happen? - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:43 PM)samhain Wrote: What do the Patriots and Ravens do in that case?

Well those games would get moved to the next week. Best case scenario in moving the game out of this week entirely would be to finish it in the extra week and not involve any other teams outside of playoff stuff

RE: What would you like to happen? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 04:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: To some extent there is time to resume the game, at the same point, because the two weeks break before the Super Bowl can always become a one-week break. Two weeks always seems too much anyway. They can push the playoffs back a week. Playoff teams all get a week extra. I'm sure you can't push the Super Bowl back, but playoff games surely can, because you never know whether a team would be playing anyway.

There is far too much in terms of money and logistics for the SB: the teams need a week off (they have always gotten a week off) to be as fresh as possible, they aren't moving the date and I'd bet my house on that.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Big Boss - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:53 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Saying it won’t be played this week while giving us no other info leads me to believe they are hoping the week 18 games resolve the seeding issues on their own and then they could call week 17 a tie or forfeit or no contest without it really meaning anything.

Impossible.  The Bengals' only path to the #2 or #1 seed required a victory yesterday.  

RE: What would you like to happen? - packerbacker - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:53 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Saying it won’t be played this week while giving us no other info leads me to believe they are hoping the week 18 games resolve the seeding issues on their own and then they could call week 17 a tie or forfeit or no contest without it really meaning anything. Hoping they get lucky and get let off the hook from having to make an unpopular decision.

On one hand, I get it. On the other hand it probably won’t work out that way and it’s a sad tactic vs just making a plan and announcing it.

I guess if they did announce it now they’d probably be bashed for being insensitive though so maybe it’s just a PR delay.

I disagree with this. Why even play Week 18 then if you don’t resume this Bills Bengals game.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Mickeypoo - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:57 PM)higgy100 Wrote: I agree but with the uncertainty of this situation still at hand that they had to say something even though it did not resolve anything revolving the worst case scenario should the games/division/seeding not pan out the way they're hoping.

"They" can always "make sure" it pans out the way they want.   Ninja

RE: What would you like to happen? - Whacked - 01-03-2023

The NFL folks have an impossible situation on their hands.

There is no right answer.

This is a giant mess in so many ways.

Some team and fan base WILL be hurt by the final decision.

It’s impossible to escape.

(01-03-2023, 04:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Impossible.  The Bengals' only path to the #2 or #1 seed required a victory yesterday.  

Another option is just cancel Week 18 all together and start the playoffs the next week. Whatever seeds every team currently is then those are the wildcard matchups.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Essex Johnson - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 04:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Impossible.  The Bengals' only path to the #2 or #1 seed required a victory yesterday.  

Are you sure about #2 ?  if Bills lose this weekend and we will we end up with same record and same conference record, so what is the 3rd tiebreaker since no head to head

RE: What would you like to happen? - Essex Johnson - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 04:22 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Another option is just cancel Week 18 all together and start the playoffs the next week. Whatever seeds every team currently is then those are the wildcard matchups.

NFL just posted all games on this week, Bengals and Bills will not play this week.. nothing about next week 

RE: What would you like to happen? - Big Boss - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 04:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Are you sure about #2 ?  if Bills lose this weekend and we will we end up with same record and same conference record, so what is the 3rd tiebreaker since no head to head

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory in all games.
Strength of schedule in all games
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

RE: What would you like to happen? - Destro - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 03:41 PM)Science Friction Wrote: What happens if the Bills decide they can't play Sunday against NE?

They will play. It has happened that teams have played after life altering injuries, including the Bills. ( huh named Everett I believe ). Games have been played after deaths, including suicide for the Chiefs, a murder for the Washington team and the Bengals had Chris Henry.

Eventually the business of football will have to go on. Last night, you couldn’t. Maybe not even today, but it will happen. Regardless, some will say it is too soon or too late.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Science Friction - 01-03-2023

What if Bills are still too overcome with grief and sadness to play New England, what does the God man do then ? Should the Bills' feelings dictate how the season plays out? Should they just be awarded the Lombardi and the lague just calls it quits til next season?

(01-03-2023, 04:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: NFL just posted all games on this week, Bengals and Bills will not play this week.. nothing about next week 

Also just resume the season a month from now and play the Super Bowl in March around St Pattys Day. Wait for the status of Hamlin and then make a decision.

RE: What would you like to happen? - HarleyDog - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 04:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: There is far too much in terms of money and logistics for the SB: the teams need a week off (they have always gotten a week off) to be as fresh as possible, they aren't moving the date and I'd bet my house on that.

2 bedroom or 3?  Ninja

RE: What would you like to happen? - TheFan - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 04:36 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Also just resume the season a month from now and play the Super Bowl in March around St Pattys Day. Wait for the status of Hamlin and then make a decision.

You can't just push the season back a month. So many other people are impacted by schedule changes, especially something as drastic as that. 

RE: What would you like to happen? - KillerGoose - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 04:30 PM)Science Friction Wrote: What if Bills are still too overcome with grief and sadness to play New England, what does the God man do then ? Should the Bills' feelings dictate how the season plays out? Should they just be awarded the Lombardi and the lague just calls it quits til next season?

This is becoming a bit strange on your part. If the Bills refuse to play this weekend, that would be a forfeit. 

RE: What would you like to happen? - Nepa - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 04:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: There is far too much in terms of money and logistics for the SB: the teams need a week off (they have always gotten a week off) to be as fresh as possible, they aren't moving the date and I'd bet my house on that.

There have been seven times that the Super Bowl took place only one week after the conference championships. Those were because of special circumstances. This could well qualify as a special circumstance, since an important game for standings was postponed.

Of course they won't move the Super Bowl. That date is set. But playoff games can be moved. No one even knows the date or place for the playoff games at this time anyway.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Science Friction - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 04:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is becoming a bit strange on your part. If the Bills refuse to play this weekend, that would be a forfeit. 

What if the Bills and Pats both agreed not to play?