Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Orlando brown… welcome - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Orlando brown… welcome (/Thread-Orlando-brown%E2%80%A6-welcome)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - MadMaxMontoya - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:33 AM)pulses Wrote: his run blocking was like a 39

Makes sense

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Bengalholic - 03-16-2023

Was stunned when I got back home tonight and saw the news.  Mellow

Big time move...love it.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Nicomo Cosca - 03-16-2023

Comparing the signing of probably the top OT on the market to trading for Cordy Glenn is ridiculous.

Not only did OBJ choose to come here, he’s the definition of durability. He’s literally never missed a game in 5 years. Glenn had missed a total of 16 games the two seasons prior to the Bengals trading for him.

Not to mention Glenn was never as good as OBJ even when healthy.

You’d have to be an absolute black cloud to not be happy about this deal.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 03:52 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Was stunned when I got back home tonight and saw the news.  Mellow

Big time move...love it.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b9524npgy7mkxm14oaufp55...w.gif&ct=g]

[Image: anchorman-yay.gif]

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - tms - 03-16-2023

Welcome indeed. Good man. Bring that Lombardi w/ ya. Wink

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Bengalholic - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 03:54 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: [Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b9524npgy7mkxm14oaufp55...w.gif&ct=g]

[Image: anchorman-yay.gif]

My reaction when I saw the news:

[Image: 0f8e47eff225999a2f6467b4967801b1.gif]

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - wanga - 03-16-2023

Nice. Very very nice. Retool the DB room a bit more and a good period.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - NATI BENGALS - 03-16-2023

This was only two years ago.

Chiefs traded this year's first-round pick (31st overall), third-round pick (94th overall) and a fourth-round pick (136th overall), along with a 2022 fifth-round pick in exchange for Brown, a second-round pick in 2021 (58th overall) and a sixth-round pick in 2022.

Brown. Being Zeus. aka OBJ.
The one who lost to us in the AFC Championship. Then beat us in the AFC Championship and won a Super Bowl in the two years since the trade.

The fact that the Steelers wanted him makes this even sweeter.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - kevin - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 03:32 AM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: First off I’m a bengals fan, don’t think it’s a a bad signing if they play him at right tackle but sure as hell am scared about him being our starting left tackle….whatever makes you feel better……pressures don’t matter bahahahaha…. you obviously hadn’t paid attention to why he became available….KC didn’t want to bring him back as their left tackle so they were only interested in paying him to be their right tackle for much less money. They paid Taylor a ton more because they wanted him to be their left tackle and told  Orlando Brown Jr they weren’t bringing him back. It was widely reported the first couple of days around the league that teams did not see him as a starting left tackle and he wasn’t getting much interest. The only interest he was really getting was from  the bengals and the bears and the bears were the only ones who were willing to pay as much as the bengals but they too only saw him as a right tackle. He thinks he is a left tackle and we told him if he comes here he can be a left tackle so there you have it he is a bengal now. I hope it works out but if they plan to play him at left tackle which by all accounts that’s why he is coming here I have a lot of doubts when most of the league doesn’t view him as a starting left tackle and the defending super bowl champs could have easily brought him back but decided to pay someone else a lot more money to come take his place.

All night long, you are the biggest wet blanket on this signing.  You don't like it.  Well, most of us do, and more important Bengals front office and coaching does, and sorry but I'll take their opinion on this over yours.  You feel this move is going to be a flop for the Bengals.  Excuses us if most of us are more positive for The Bengals on this one.   Super Bowl winning Left Tackle and son of monster tackle Orlando Brown who dominated for Baltimore Ravens and we can add in that he is still in his mid 20's.   You are gong to continue to post why this is a lousy signing, which is your right, but me and others have the right to think you are wrong.  Sorry, but I'll take Bengals front office and coaches opinion over yours on this signing. 

GO BENGALS..... Tiger

Orlando brown… welcome - Rotobeast - 03-16-2023

Anyone see the Bills forum talking about our acquisition ?
My favorite...
"Whipped the Bills's asses with 3 backups and now this?"

They also have a thread about trying to pick up La'el Collins.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - OSUfan - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:51 AM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: Doesn’t change the fact that he was close to dead last in QB pressures last year amongst all tackles….and I know one is coming from a right tackle and the other is a left tackle. My simple point is Orlando Brown Jr is not a great  left tackle and should be playing right tackle. Most NFL teams agree and that’s why teams were not willing to pay him left tackle money or wanted him to be their left tackle. The qb pressure stats which are the most important stats for a left tackle and film does not lie. Hopefully it works out but I have doubts that it will.

Seems your info is not completely accurate and that KC was working on a long-term deal with Brown Jr. but they were not coming up with enough guaranteed money which is why he opted to hit free agency. KC was also considering the franchise tag for Brown Jr. So it does not appear there is much more to the situation than you are reporting.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - bengalfan74 - 03-16-2023

This makes me very happy Who Dey

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Goalpost - 03-16-2023

This helps a lot.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Sled21 - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:35 PM)QueenCity Wrote: He's playing LT for sure.... what a signing!!!

Fixing the line baby WHO DEY

I don't think we cam assume that. His camp made the statement every team who approached him this FA was wanting him to move to RT. Maybe that's why we got him, to be RT, or LT and tbat's why he took our deal. Either way, it's a huge upgrade.

(03-16-2023, 07:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think we cam assume that. His camp made the statement every team who approached him this FA was wanting him to move to RT. Maybe that's why we got him, to be RT, or LT and tbat's why he took our deal. Either way, it's a huge upgrade.

He’s playing LT.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 03:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Comparing the signing of probably the top OT on the market to trading for Cordy Glenn is ridiculous.

Not only did OBJ choose to come here, he’s the definition of durability. He’s literally never missed a game in 5 years. Glenn had missed a total of 16 games the two seasons prior to the Bengals trading for him.

Not to mention Glenn was never as good as OBJ even when healthy.

You’d have to be an absolute black cloud to not be happy about this deal.

That dude's just trying like hell to cover for his crybaby fiasco earlier.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Stewy - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Someone forgot to tell duke and the front office we were in rebuild mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw someone say that.....either they were kidding or a complete moron........and I meant to say this yesterday before this move......

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - SunsetBengal - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Someone forgot to tell duke and the front office we were in rebuild mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any rebuild has to include a cornerstone LT!  Cool

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - M.W. - 03-16-2023

This move makes the sting of losing both starting safeties a bit less. We can get by with mediocre safety play if Joe has another couple seconds per play to throw and our RB has a little more open space.