Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Higgins signs new deal? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Higgins signs new deal? (/Thread-Higgins-signs-new-deal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Bengalion - 04-12-2023

Bengals' instagram account is also hinting at Tee.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - WeezyBengal - 04-12-2023

EVERYONE STAY CALM! DO NOT PANIC!

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Mike M (the other one) - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 11:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: EVERYONE STAY CALM! DO NOT PANIC!

No one is doing that, we all just waiting for an excuse to start the line up of shots on Hump Day early!

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - jj22 - 04-12-2023

I know people are applauding Zim and ready to see his "receipts" but the fact remains no one should applaud (even if we appreciate them) a leak of someone else's business. If either party wanted this out Tee's camp / Bengals, then they would have released it or Tee at least would have hinted to it.

It's nice as fans to have someone on the inside with sources, but leaking peoples personal business isn't anything we should theoretically celebrate someone for. So no need for Zim to get any glory or anything. He's just doing what media does and runs with incomplete information in the rush to be the "first"... It's lame and while we are happy with the news, we shouldn't ignore this out of control phenomenon in todays social media / media.

Besides I can tweet that the Burrow deal is done.... Matter of fact. I will say the Burrow deal is done. No glory in that. We all know it'll get done so in May or August when it's announced or official I won't expect any glory and I won't be quick to show receipts that I was the first to say it.

(04-12-2023, 11:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: I know people are applauding Zim and ready to see his "receipts" but the fact remains no one should applaud (even if we appreciate them) a leak of someone else's business. If either party wanted this out Tee's camp / Bengals, then they would have released it or Tee at least would have hinted to it.

It's nice as fans to have someone on the inside with sources, but leaking peoples personal business isn't anything we should theoretically celebrate someone for. So no need for Zim to get any glory or anything. He's just doing what media does and runs with incomplete information in the rush to be the "first"... It's lame and while we are happy with the news, we shouldn't ignore this out of control phenomenon in todays social media / media.

Well said but the Bengals could equally be at fault as well. The social media team is absolutely playing into it...

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - CJD - 04-12-2023

The smoke continues. I'm ready for the fire.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Bengalholic - 04-12-2023

Hmm

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Synric - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 11:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: I know people are applauding Zim and ready to see his "receipts" but the fact remains no one should applaud (even if we appreciate them) a leak of someone else's business. If either party wanted this out Tee's camp / Bengals, then they would have released it or Tee at least would have hinted to it.

Besides I can tweet that the Burrow deal is done.... Matter of fact. I will say the Burrow deal is done. No glory in that. We all know it'll get done so in May or August when it's announced or official I won't expect any glory and I won't be quick to show receipts that I was the first to say it.

If what Zim said and it was done days ago then his leak plus how the Bengals media is milking it was best case scenario. It has drove traffic to all Bengals Media for several days now for people waiting on the news to break.

(04-12-2023, 12:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hmm

Got his signature on it too... 

(04-12-2023, 12:02 PM)Synric Wrote: If what Zim said and it was done days ago then his leak plus how the Bengals media is milking it was best case scenario. It has drove traffic to all Bengals Media for several days now for people waiting on the news to break.

Don't overlook the possibility that it could have been done on purpose as well... 

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Nicomo Cosca - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:02 PM)Synric Wrote: If what Zim said and it was done days ago then his leak plus how the Bengals media is milking it was best case scenario. It has drove traffic to all Bengals Media for several days now for people waiting on the news to break.

[Image: big-brain-point-finger-at-forehead.gif]

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Mike M (the other one) - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Don't overlook the possibility that it could have been done on purpose as well... 

No Doubt, at this point, both sides have had a few days to deny it, yet... no one has. 

Just remember, when the Tee trade talks started heating up? Duke and Tee squashed it pretty quickly.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-12-2023

Yep, no denial plus the media posts plus Duke's presser = this is happening.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Sled21 - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 10:27 AM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: First rounders get a team 5th year option.  Therefore, they don't hit FA at the same time.

Ah, I did not know that.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - THE PISTONS - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No Doubt, at this point, both sides have had a few days to deny it, yet... no one has. 

Just remember, when the Tee trade talks started heating up? Duke and Tee squashed it pretty quickly.

I will say that this is a pretty big deal if he signs an extension.

We kind of know that Burrow will sign one. But, it was unknown if Tee would.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Sled21 - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I will say that this is a pretty big deal if he signs an extension.

I've never doubted Tee's extension. Joe said he wants to keep his weapons. What JoeyB wants, JoeyB gets....

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Nicomo Cosca - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I will say that this is a pretty big deal if he signs an extension.

I would think focus shifts to getting Logan Wilson done next.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would think focus shifts to getting Logan Wilson done next.

Agreed.

Wouldn't be surprised if Burrow's has already been done behind the scenes and they're just waiting to announce it (not saying it is like this or have a gut feeling: just that I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case).

With the draft 2 weeks away, we can play the waiting game until then, to occupy our time.

(04-12-2023, 12:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would think focus shifts to getting Logan Wilson done next.

Yes. That might be a challenging one to get done. $9-10 million a year maybe?

Some of this is to sell more #5 jerseys with Tee.

(04-12-2023, 12:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Agreed.

Wouldn't be surprised if Burrow's has already been done behind the scenes and they're just waiting to announce it (not saying it is like this or  have a gut feeling: just that I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case).

With the draft 2 weeks away, we can play the waiting game until then, to occupy our time.

Maybe right before camp?

It will be interesting to see amount of years. Will it be 4 or 8? I was all for 8-10 years, until I read lately how QB's hate that.