Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Higgins signs new deal?
https://twitter.com/zimwhodey/status/1645094146795884547?s=19

Zim Whodey is tweeting that Higgins signed a new deal.. Hopefully announced soon...
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 05:26 PM)Tony Wrote: https://twitter.com/zimwhodey/status/1645094146795884547?s=19

Zim Whodey is tweeting that Higgins signed a new deal.. Hopefully announced soon...

I don't have a Twitter but does anyone know about this Zim guy? Is he someone traditionally pretty plugged into the scene or just a random? I don't see it posted anywhere else yet. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 05:57 PM)TheFan Wrote: I don't have a Twitter but does anyone know about this Zim guy? Is he someone traditionally pretty plugged into the scene or just a random? I don't see it posted anywhere else yet. 

Zim definitely has sources inside the building. He’s friendly with some of the players. This is likely legit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If true, I'm interested in what Tee is getting since the team still needs to sign Burrow and eventually Chase.
Reply/Quote
Sweet!
Can't wait til it's official.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 05:57 PM)TheFan Wrote: I don't have a Twitter but does anyone know about this Zim guy? Is he someone traditionally pretty plugged into the scene or just a random? I don't see it posted anywhere else yet. 

Watch the Wincinnati podcast... Zim and Ace are great. They have players on all the time...
Reply/Quote
Hopefully not another Apple situation and this is legit.

At least it will stop all the trade talk, despite Duke's rant. And we'll know what we are working with, cap wise. As the signing bonus will hit this year.
Reply/Quote
Always felt like Tee was going to be re-signed didn’t it but it will be interesting to see the logistics of it all with even more big money spent on his 2 offensive compatriots.
Reply/Quote
Obviously Burrow was priority 1,2 and 3 this off-season so if this is true.

A) Burrow has given us his number which the club feels is fair and now it’s down to the finer details allowing us to move on to Tee and Wilson

B) Burrow has given us a number which is way out of what we are offering and have moved on to others hoping we can meet in the middle.

I just can’t see them doing any big contracts until we get sorted with Burrow one way or the other.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Hopefully not another Apple situation and this is legit.

At least it will stop all the trade talk, despite Duke's rant. And we'll know what we are working with, cap wise. As the signing bonus will hit this year.

At least Tony put a question mark after it in the title ("Higgins signs new deal?"). And it does look like a good source. But completed on Easter?
Reply/Quote
If we signed Higgins then this off-season is an A- easily. Getting Burrow announced with a path to sign Chase and Wilson later would make it an A++ grade
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If true, I'm interested in what Tee is getting since the team still needs to sign Burrow and eventually Chase.

Some source said 5/80 or 85 extension 
Reply/Quote
Higgins was always going to be the hard one. I’d imagine Chase and Burrow have given the team a huge degree of comfortability that they can be signed. They both wanted Higgins.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Zim wouldn't post it if it wasn't true.
Him and Ace are pretty well connected
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:38 PM)Housh Wrote: If we signed Higgins then this off-season is an A- easily. Getting Burrow announced with a path to sign Chase and Wilson later would make it an A++ grade

Chase is next year, at the earliest, probably year after. Wilson will happen sooner, if it happens before he gets to FA. 
Reply/Quote
I wonder what the "trade Tee fan club"
Has to say now ?
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:39 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Some source said 5/80 or 85 extension 

That would be a good deal for both. He would be a top 10 paid receiver next year but by years 3-5 likely bottom half of WR1 pay. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I wonder what the "trade Tee fan club"
Has to say now ?

same thing they said 2 days ago?
Reply/Quote

That’d be a no brainer for cincy if we can get him at those numbers.
Reply/Quote

This is about what someone in a thread some days ago said would be a fair deal. And a far cry from the $25 million-a-year some had thrown out.

But isn't Tee's agent, David Muugheta, supposed to be very difficult to deal with? I was expecting a protracted contract battle.
Reply/Quote