Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Higgins signs new deal?
Makes sense to me, i was very curious about him changing Jersey number if he was in the last year of his contract. Cause he's the one that has to buy up all of his old ones. It would have been better/cheaper if he was going to another team to wait a year then when switching to a new team to take the number 5 there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 07:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: This is about what someone in a thread some days ago said would be a fair deal. And a far cry from the $25 million-a-year some had thrown out.

But isn't Tee's agent, David Muugheta, supposed to be very difficult to deal with? I was expecting a protracted contract battle.

Not if the player isn’t making it hard to get a deal done. An agent works on the behalf of the player, not his own personal best interest- mostly. I’m sure agents push for shorter deals or just to close deals so they can make more commission. But mostly in the best interest of the player
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 05:57 PM)TheFan Wrote: I don't have a Twitter but does anyone know about this Zim guy? Is he someone traditionally pretty plugged into the scene or just a random? I don't see it posted anywhere else yet. 

Barring his absolute man-love for Mixon, Zim is legit and I enjoy his feed.
His level of engagement with folks is commendable.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 09:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Makes sense to me, i was very curious about him changing Jersey number if he was in the last year of his contract. Cause he's the one that has to buy up all of his old ones. It would have been better/cheaper if he was going to another team to wait a year then when switching to a new team to take the number 5 there.

I thought that only pertained to last year when the rule was first put in place. Or to a certain point of the offseason. He openly stated he wasn't about to spend 250K to change and was willing to wait a year.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 10:03 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I thought that only pertained to last year when the rule was first put in place. Or to a certain point of the offseason. He openly stated he wasn't about to spend 250K to change and was willing to wait a year.

Oh just looked it up, Rule change about WR's having Single digits changed in 2021, he was drafted in 2020. 

"If a player wants to change his number for the 2022 NFL season, then he'll have to give notice, but won't have to buy the current uniform inventory."

So he had to apply and wait another year? 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I wonder what the "trade Tee fan club"
Has to say now ?

If this is an indication, just saw this posted in the Tee Higgins Trade Poll: "The fact that Tee Higgins wasn't traded when he's at peak trade value with a temporary replacement signed near the beginning of free agency shows why this offseason has been a total failure. Given the amount of money it would take to keep Burrow and Chase, the only reason not to trade Higgins this offseason was if they were going to trade Chase instead."

So, I don't expect Tee's signing is going to end the discussion. Just continue for a year or two until Chase's signing comes up.
Reply/Quote
5 years for 85 million... does anyone get it lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 10:34 PM)kurisu Wrote: 5 years for 85 million... does anyone get it lol.

Better not be a damn late April fools joke!
Reply/Quote
5 for 85 indeed
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 10:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Better not be a damn late April fools joke!

Zim whodey doesn't **** around like that....
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 09:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: $25m/yr is what AJ Brown got just last year...

Exactly, and you think Higgins is on AJ Brown's level?  Do you think the Eagles or any other team would rather have AJ Brown for 25 million or Tee Higgins for 25 milllion?  I love having Higgins on the team but he is not a top 10 Wr much less top 5 like some of you think he should be paid.  There are too many good WRs out there for Higgins to be paid top 5 money.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 08:54 PM)Housh Wrote: You are wrong

That’s all ima say

If he hit free agency this year the Ravens would’ve offered him that the 1st minute of free agency

The Cardinals looking to replace Hopkins would’ve offered 25 per immediately

If i really cares to research more i bet I’d find more.

I wouldn’t even count out a crazy team like the Chiefs. Maybe they’d scrounge up 25M

The Chiefs?   No way the Chiefs spend money like that on a WR.  Mahomes doesnt need high priced WRs surrounding him. They will draft a WR and sign some cheaper vets.

and the Cardinals?  They are trying to get rid of Hopkins after spending 30 million,  do you think they would want to turn around and drop another 25 million on Higgins?
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 11:07 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Chiefs?   No way the Chiefs spend money like that on a WR.  Mahomes doesnt need high priced WRs surrounding him.  They will draft a WR and sign some cheaper vets.

The Chiefs just spent 20m per year on a Right Tackle to play Left Tackle that has never taken a snap on the Left side in the NFL. Saying what they will or won't do is kinda up in the air at this point. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Why are we arguing? Let's wait to see what it is. Mike Williams signed for $20 Mil/Year. Anything less than that I'm happy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 10:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Better not be a damn late April fools joke!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Zim either gets a big scoop or needs ignored. Nothing anywhere else.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 11:52 PM)phil413 Wrote: Zim either gets a big scoop or needs ignored. Nothing anywhere else.

He also said it wouldn’t be today. I don’t know, I’ll wait and see.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 10:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Exactly, and you think Higgins is on AJ Brown's level?  Do you think the Eagles or any other team would rather have AJ Brown for 25 million or Tee Higgins for 25 milllion?  I love having Higgins on the team but he is not a top 10 Wr much less top 5 like some of you think he should be paid.  There are too many good WRs out there for Higgins to be paid top 5 money.

They are actually close comps.

Aj brown first three years, 43 games -295 targets- 185/2995/24 (62% catch)
Tee Higgins first three, 46 games - 327 targets 215/3028/19 (65% catch)

One has had Joe Burrow, but not the Alpha (save for his rookie rookie year)

One was THE guy, with almost no one else.

They are also different types of receivers, however their productivity is similar. Tee, as a free agent (or sign and trade) would be looking for a similar payday to brown. That’s not a question.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 10:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Exactly, and you think Higgins is on AJ Brown's level?  Do you think the Eagles or any other team would rather have AJ Brown for 25 million or Tee Higgins for 25 milllion?  I love having Higgins on the team but he is not a top 10 Wr much less top 5 like some of you think he should be paid.  There are too many good WRs out there for Higgins to be paid top 5 money.

Yes, because he's probably the best comp he has out there.

AJ Brown when he got paid: 
3 years
2,995 yards
24 TD

Tee Higgins now:
3 years
3,028 yards
19 TD

- - - - - - - - -

I never claimed Tee Higgins is a top-5 WR, or even a top-10 WR, that's you just making up an argument for yourself.

What someone is ranked and what someone will get in FA/extension is not the same. I will point out that the current 11th and 12th highest paid WRs are Keenan Allen and Amari Cooper, who signed those deals before the 2020 season, making them that year the 3rd and 4th highest paid WRs at the time. Tyler Lockett became the 8th highest paid WR in the NFL when he signed his extension before the 2021 season, and now heading into 2023 he's 18th and looking at likely falling out of the top-20 before Week 1.

By the start of the 2025 season, $25m/yr won't be top-10 WR money anymore. You're going to have Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb, Ja'Marr Chase, Jalen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Amon-Ra St Brown, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, and possibly Michael Pittman Jr, Drake London, and George Pickens all reach or surpass that mark.

Just 2 years ago, only 3 WRs were making even $20m/yr, now we're at 14 and soon to be 17 before the season starts. The numbers go up. Just because Mahomes is the best QB in the league and is making $45m/yr doesn't mean anyone who gets a contract more than $45m/yr from now on is better than Mahomes. It just means the numbers go up, because the cap is going up. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:39 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Some source said 5/80 or 85 extension 

$16 mill a year seems way low. Guys like Dionte Johnson got around $19.
Reply/Quote