Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Higgins signs new deal?
Team friendly deals are the only way to build a dynasty.
Reply/Quote
I'll wait for the official announcement.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 12:59 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'll wait for the official announcement.

before??
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It wouldn’t surprise me if Tee Higgins agreed to a deal. The 5/$85 numbers are probably BS though.

The Burrow deal was probably close to done when the FO announced that they were working on it. I heard that they’re waiting until after the draft to to officially re-sign Burrow and Higgins for some accounting reason.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I wonder what the "trade Tee fan club"
Has to say now ?

The window of contention is now closed and it would suit the team to do a massive fire sale ASAP.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 01:10 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: It wouldn’t surprise me if Tee Higgins agreed to a deal. The 5/$85 numbers are probably BS though.

The Burrow deal was probably close to done when the FO announced that they were working on it. I heard that they’re waiting until after the draft to to officially re-sign Burrow and Higgins for some accounting  reason.

Wonder if it is really 4/85 as an extension. But for obvious marketing purposes the last year of his rookie deal adds that extra 1 year to become 5/85

But don't get me wrong 5/85 is a huge extension. $85mil would be the 6th biggest contract value for a WR. $17mil base salary would be 4th highest base salary for a WR.

If Tee plays with Burrow for 6 more years he is going into the HoF.
Reply/Quote
Being a lifelong fan has meaning regardless of agent.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 01:56 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wonder if it is really 4/85 as an extension. But for obvious marketing purposes the last year of his rookie deal adds that extra 1 year to become 5/85

But don't get me wrong 5/85 is a huge extension. $85mil would be the 6th biggest contract value for a WR. $17mil base salary would be 4th highest base salary for a WR.

6 more years at his current rate and he's still outside the top-60 receiving yards and outside of the top-100 in receiving TDs of all time, in an era of passing. He will still be well behind Chad and AJ (and Chase).

He's probably never going to make it to the HoF as a #2 WR. 

-Reggie Wayne hasn't made the HoF yet because he spent his first 6 years as Marvin Harrison's #2, and he's 9th all time in receiving yards and 28th in receiving TDs.
-Anquan Boldin isn't going to make the HoF despite being 14th in receiving yards and 28th in receiving TDs, he was shadowed by Larry Fitzgerald in Arizona.

Hard to make Stats, Pro Bowls, All-Pros, and All-Decade Teams when there's a better guy on your own team, all of which HoF voters look at.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 11:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

(04-10-2023, 01:10 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: It wouldn’t surprise me if Tee Higgins agreed to a deal. The 5/$85 numbers are probably BS though.

The Burrow deal was probably close to done when the FO announced that they were working on it. I heard that they’re waiting until after the draft to to officially re-sign Burrow and Higgins for some accounting reason.

(04-10-2023, 01:56 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wonder if it is really 4/85 as an extension. But for obvious marketing purposes the last year of his rookie deal adds that extra 1 year to become 5/85

Granted that I’m brain damaged lol but I saw the 85/5 as a joke because of he switched jersey numbers, or am I way off?

lol
Reply/Quote
I would love Higgins to play his whole career with the Bengals. I love it that players like Higgins, Hubbard and CarMAN all were Bengal fans growing up. This corp d’spirit helps establish a deeper legacy and more connections with us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2023, 06:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: At least Tony put a question mark after it in the title ("Higgins signs new deal?"). And it does look like a good source. But completed on Easter?

Could have agreed to a deal.. but not signed yet
Reply/Quote
Higgins mom tweeted the eyes emojis to someone that tweeted that the deal is done.

I think this is really legit.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 09:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Higgins mom tweeted the eyes emojis to someone that tweeted that the deal is done.

Yes, this was in response to Zim's original tweet.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 09:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Higgins mom tweeted the eyes emojis to someone that tweeted that the deal is done.

(04-10-2023, 10:12 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yes, this was in response to Zim's original tweet.

Ace Boogie quote tweeted her eyes emoji and was gloating about it and her response was "Shit, sound like somebody know something I don’t ??‍ tell me what’s going on"

So the eyes probably meant "this is news to me."

This is why I hate the eyes emoji. It can mean literally anything.

Maybe Zim is right, maybe he isn't, but I don't think Tee's mom's tweets are an indication either way.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 01:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: before??

before celebrating an extension that may or may not have occurred.
Reply/Quote
We'll see. I had doubts they could do it. I'd be shocked they'd prioritize it before Burrow. If true, maybe Burrow is saying he'd only sign the team friendly deal if they keep Higgins and show it won't be like what happened to Brady, who continued to get bamboozled with team friendly deals just to see his top wideouts and offensive players leave. I won't have a problem with the extension though (even though I think spreading the money out is better than locking up 2 number 1widouts).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 10:16 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Ace Boogie quote tweeted her eyes emoji and was gloating about it and her response was "Shit, sound like somebody know something I don’t ??‍ tell me what’s going on"

So the eyes probably meant "this is news to me."

This is why I hate the eyes emoji. It can mean literally anything.

Maybe Zim is right, maybe he isn't, but I don't think Tee's mom's tweets are an indication either way.

Her response is 100% an indication it’s not legit. If it was she wouldn’t respond. Her response shows there’s nothing to it.

Sucks bc that would have been the highlight of the off-season.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 10:26 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Her response is 100% an indication it’s not legit. If it was she wouldn’t respond. Her response shows there’s nothing to it.

Sucks bc that would have been the highlight of the off-season.

Yea, probably. I'm trying to give Zim the benefit of the doubt because he's never been one of these fake insiders who throws things out just for engagement. I would like to think that he wouldn't have posted it unless it was all but a done deal.

But Tee's Mom's response to Ace Boogie is very concerning. If Tee did have an extension all but signed, he would have told his mom.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 10:34 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, probably. I'm trying to give Zim the benefit of the doubt because he's never been one of these fake insiders who throws things out just for engagement. I would like to think that he wouldn't have posted it unless it was all but a done deal.

But Tee's Mom's response to Ace Boogie is very concerning. If Tee did have an extension all but signed, he would have told his mom.

Maybe it's as simple as Tee wanting to surprise his mom when he signs.... Cool
Reply/Quote
Has anyone checked to see if Bengal Jim has posted a golf tee emoji on Twitter?
Reply/Quote