Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } (/Thread-Postgame-Reactions-Thread-Week-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:52 PM)M.W. Wrote: Lots of the pressure Garrett got came from him lining up over center.  In reality, nobody stopped him without help.  Garrett is an absolute beast.  

Yep. I thought Karras was the worst OL today.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2023

We did lose 32-13 at Cleveland last year.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - casear2727 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:49 PM)Rattler Wrote: Where did I exaggerate? 

Who's a worse starter than Jonah at tackle?

Which pocket passer completes passes sitting on their tailbone?

Garrett didn't wreak havoc all day long? 

Did I miss anything?

You did if you think Garrett played LDE a bunch today.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - M.W. - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. I thought Karras was the worst OL today.

Quite possibly.  Nearly every time he lined up over center he was in the backfield almost instantaneously.  
It sucked however he is freakishly good.  Doesn't make any of our linemen the worst in the league after 1 game.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Rattler - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:52 PM)M.W. Wrote: Lots of the pressure Garrett got came from him lining up over center.  In reality, nobody stopped him without help.  Garrett is an absolute beast.  

(09-10-2023, 07:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. I thought Karras was the worst OL today.

The entire line sucked all day...Pollack needs to go.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Science Friction - 09-10-2023

Joe played scared... not scared of the Browns but scared of reinjuring the calf. I think that had a lot to do with his awful play.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - BengalsFan - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:24 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Ok. So the Browns just won their Super Bowl for the season. Congratulations to them.

What Super Bowl? The Browns Super Bowl is always against the Steelers

(09-10-2023, 07:57 PM)Rattler Wrote: The entire line sucked all day...Pollack needs to go.

While I agree that he's overrated, I don't think line was the big issue. Burrow was.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - OUatown - 09-10-2023

Pollack needed to go last year….

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2023

Not defending Pollack but Zac really needs to start playing the OL in the preseason.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - grampahol - 09-10-2023

Ehh.. Burrow's tiny hands shrank in the rain.. I can think of other nonexistent excuses too. Maybe they ARE tanking for the draft again..That would be ...uhhhh...depressing..

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Billy_Bengal - 09-10-2023

Chubb and Chase 50+ yards was a sure thing! That’s my beef. Profit boost my a…..

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Bengal Billy - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We did lose 32-13 at Cleveland last year.

Yup, and lost badly to them in PBS in the early matchup the year prior. 

Browns have curbstomped the Bengals in the first matchup of the season 3 years running now.
 (Remember that absolutely terrible pick 6 in 2021 Burrow threw at the goal line to Denzel Ward think it was)? All downhill from there that day with Garrett and Chubb going off all game.

Only difference this year is the game got moved up from late Oct to week 1. Same result,,,,, curbstomped by the Browns. 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nately120 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: While I agree that he's overrated, I don't think line was the big issue. Burrow was.

Am I correct in remembering that the only o-line coaches the Bengals have had in the past 28 years are Paul "catsup and piano" Alexandar, Pollock, and (briefly) that weirdo dude who was famous for Bullygate?

(09-10-2023, 08:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: Ehh.. Burrow's tiny hands shrank in the rain.. I can think of other nonexistent excuses too. Maybe they ARE tanking for the draft again..That would be ...uhhhh...depressing..

Shrinkage!

(09-10-2023, 08:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Am I correct in remembering that the only o-line coaches the Bengals have had in the past 28 years are Paul "catsup and piano" Alexandar, Pollock, and (briefly) that weirdo dude who was famous for Bullygate?

Yep.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - LSUfaninTN - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:02 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Joe played scared... not scared of the Browns but scared of reinjuring the calf. I think that had a lot to do with his awful play.

I just don't see how a calf would affect his passing like it did. I was more convinced about the 9 inch hand grip being a problem with the rain. BTW, you'd think they'd have a better solution for that. LOL, I literally thought about "hey why don't they use sticky tape or something" that shows how much football I've played in my life.

It's not like he was missing open receivers left and right or something. Maybe he was rattled mentally and it screwed with him in other aspects? That could be it. Just doesn't seem like his style though. 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Whatever - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: While I agree that he's overrated, I don't think line was the big issue. Burrow was.

Burrow was sacked twice and Mixon averaged 4.3 ypc, which is respectable with as much talent as the Browns have on their DL.  Our DL got more pressure on Watson than theirs got on Joe.  The OL was good enough considering the opposition.  Burrow just sucked.  I'm sure he will turn it around, but the only guy on offense that you could argue was worse today was Higgins, and even he managed to get open for what should have been a TD and Joe misfired.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - TecmoBengals - 09-10-2023

My most significant gripe is the punting game. It can't be like this game after game.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - burreauxs - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:23 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I just don't see how a calf would affect his passing like it did. I was more convinced about the 9 inch hand grip being a problem with the rain. BTW, you'd think they'd have a better solution for that. LOL, I literally thought about "hey why don't they use sticky tape or something" that shows how much football I've played in my life.

It's not like he was missing open receivers left and right or something. Maybe he was rattled mentally and it screwed with him in other aspects? That could be it. Just doesn't seem like his style though. 

Planting on slippery turf can be difficult even without an injured calf. You don’t not get the support or stability from a dry, sturdy surface with wet turf. That’s how his calf can affect his throwing. Might not account for ever instance, but certainly was a factor.