Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! (/Thread-Zac-Taylor-play-calling-is-trash)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 12:46 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude is too fearless, maybe lol

I don't think that's a question. It's what makes him who he is. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 02:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think that's a question. It's what makes him who he is. 

The truth.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nicomo Cosca - 09-26-2023

[Image: F67KwJ-W4AAYEKh?format=jpg&name=large]

The route chart doesn’t really tell the whole story. It was all the motion they did with Ja’Marr that really paid off.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - BengalsBong - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 02:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: F67KwJ-W4AAYEKh?format=jpg&name=large]

The route chart doesn’t really tell the whole story. It was all the motion they did with Ja’Marr that really paid off.
Middle of the field looks kind of barren for a slot WR.

(09-26-2023, 02:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: F67KwJ-W4AAYEKh?format=jpg&name=large]

It never does really.....they don't show the routes the player isn't targeted.

Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - maclanta - 09-26-2023

If you think Taylor is completely clueless, realize that he was responsible for stopping a Rams TD.

Best timeout call ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-26-2023

We’ve all been on Zac Taylor’s case about play calling but last night he deserves serious credit for altering the playbook to accommodate Joe Burrow’s limited mobility.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - THE PISTONS - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 08:27 AM)maclanta Wrote: If you think Taylor is completely clueless, realize that he was responsible for stopping a Rams TD.

Best timeout call ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the players knew there was a timeout and stopped playing...on the Bengals. I doubt that WR is 20 yards wide open if no timeout is called.

(09-26-2023, 09:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the players knew there was a timeout and stopped playing...on the Bengals. I doubt that WR is 20 yards wide open if no timeout is called.

He would've been open though....there was miscommunication over there with Turner I think it was. He saw it, he got the timeout. You can give the guy a little credit. I promise it won't hurt. Tongue

(09-26-2023, 08:39 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We’ve all been on Zac Taylor’s case about play calling but last night he deserves serious credit for altering the playbook to accommodate Joe Burrow’s limited mobility.

....and scheming Chase open, and getting Mixon going on a very efficient night for him. I haven't checked the final numbers, but he was at 4.9 a clip at one point.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - casear2727 - 09-26-2023

Ive been on Zac for his scheme and play calling since Day 1, the 2nd half was a different offense. Good job Zac.

(09-26-2023, 09:33 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Ive been on Zac for his scheme and play calling since Day 1, the 2nd half was a different offense.  Good job Zac.

They moved the ball the first half though too. Bad penalties and a drop, plus a missed FG made the first half worse scoreboard wise. The second half was better for sure. They cleaned up the penalties and Burrow got more and more accurate as the game went on.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - WeezyBengal - 09-26-2023

Bingo. How the Bengals used motion was the number one most exciting thing about this offense tonight. Especially early in the game.

There were a handful of AWESOME play designs tonight. The Chase play, the use of motion to pick up a first down in the first quarter using Charlie Jones (I think thats who it was), and then there was fake bubble to Chase/screen to Mixon that would have went for a 40 yard TD if the OL gave Burrow a second more of protection.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - grampahol - 09-26-2023

Every team's fan base hates their head coach.  It's the unwritten rule of being a fan. I can remember as a kid hearing people say what a lousy HC Paul Brown was. Every coach sucks if they don't have a team of superstars.. 
You should all pay for billboards all over town saying Zac sucks and I bet Mike Brown invites you over for tea and discussions about play calling!   See how easy that is? 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Housh - 09-26-2023

As i said earlier Burrow was so bad week 1 and 1st half of week 2 you can’t grade play calling

I saw nothing wrong today besides MAYBE going away from the run too soon again

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - grampahol - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 10:05 AM)Housh Wrote: As i said earlier Burrow was so bad week 1 and 1st half of week 2 you can’t grade play calling

I saw nothing wrong today besides MAYBE going away from the run too soon again

He's just spotting the league a couple of games every season. He's gaslighting the entire league..lol

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Housh - 09-26-2023

If anything the usage of Jamarr today laid a blueprint for the rest of the year. It doesn’t have to be go ball or bust

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - QueenCity - 09-26-2023

As mentioned numerous times... huge credit to Taylor in scheming Chase open.

Hopefully something clicked tonight and they start doing this every game... without a healthy Burrow it's more important than ever.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Soonerpeace - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 09:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the players knew there was a timeout and stopped playing...on the Bengals. I doubt that WR is 20 yards wide open if no timeout is called.

I’d expect it still saved a TD. The person responsible was nowhere.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - THE PISTONS - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 09:33 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Ive been on Zac for his scheme and play calling since Day 1, the 2nd half was a different offense.  Good job Zac.

It was like that a lot last year. Terrible 1st halfs. Then, we'd come alive the 2nd half.