Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jake Browning appreciation thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jake Browning appreciation thread (/Thread-Jake-Browning-appreciation-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - jfkbengals - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: #1.  Like I said, he isnt good pressured out of the pocket and he cant make all the throws, jumpballs wont get it.  His stats are hugely padded by some great yac plays.  He is a backup and will always be a backup, just wait and see.

#2.  Where is he going to go?  Why would we let him leave, he will earn the league minimum with us next season.

All this said, he is an extremely capable backup and Im glad we have him. 

He has proven he is a good enough player to get a contract above minimum, whether it is from us or someone else.  You don't think a team that has had their championship dreams destroyed by lack of depth (looking at you NYJ) would offer him more than the minimum out there?  Do you think he deserves less than Zach Wilson, or Flacco, or Dalton, or Heinikie, for example?

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - jj22 - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If you cant tell the difference in Burrow high balling Tee and Browning lofting up rainbows in which Tee has to stop running and come back and out jump defenders then you are even less knowledgeable than I thought. 

The player evaluation on this board is below amateur. 

I like Jake, but the 'better than Burrow' takes and him being a legit NFL starter are bad, really bad.

A catch is a catch. And both styles ends in them. The difference in the type of jump ball doesn’t matter. The knowledge of which receiver you can throw one to does. If Burrow makes that throw in crunch time while flushed out of the pocket and being hit folks call him a top 2 QB. And dare anyone highlight Chase having to slow up or go up and get it. Tee landing hard out if bounds injured trying to catch one. F it. Chase down there somewhere. Remember that?

The receiver do more for Burrow and his deep balls then you and your superior football knowledge must see. 

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - jfkbengals - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Were you believing in Zac J? Don't lie, lol.

Who?

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - casear2727 - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lots of guys throw jump balls. Especially to a guy like Higgins. That's literally his biggest talent. There are lots of guys starting in the league who can't make "all the throws" and are also less accurate and athletic than Browning.

If Browning plays even remotely close to the way he has over the last 4 weeks for the last 3, I'd gladly take a bet that he will be at least competing for a starting gig next year.

We can do a sig bet. I'm game.

This is a QB hungry league, and there's always some backup like Matt Flynn, Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassell getting starting gigs after a decent run, and none of those guys played as well as Browning has.

Seriously Shake, his jump balls are rainbows straight up in the air in which Tee had to stop both times, come back and out jump the defender.  That is not highballing a 50-50.  He cannot make necessary throws; deep outs, hole shots, crossers.  He is really bad under pressure.

He will be on the Bengals next year and NOT competing with Burrow.  Why does everyone think he is going somewhere next year?

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He has proven he is a good enough player to get a contract above minimum, whether it is from us or someone else.  You don't think a team that has had their championship dreams destroyed by lack of depth (looking at you NYJ) would offer him more than the minimum out there?  Do you think he deserves less than Zach Wilson, or Flacco, or Dalton, or Heinikie, for example?

Not speaking for ceasar, but he's definitely better than Wilson and several others. I don't know if I'd put him ahead of Flacco or even Dalton though. Look at the Carolina shit show.... Dalton actually put up 350 with that bunch of turds.

(12-16-2023, 10:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: A catch is a catch. And both styles ends in them.  The difference in the type of jump ball doesn’t matter. The knowledge of which receiver you can throw one to does. If Burrow makes that throw in crunch time while flushed out of the pocket and being hit folks call him a top 2. 

The receiver do more for Burrow and his deep balls then you and your superior football knowledge must see. 

You brain numbingly awful at this sport.  It has nothing to do with the catch.  The THROW is the topic.  I cant even talk with you, my 9 year old is Bill Walsh compared to you. 

(12-16-2023, 10:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Who?

Zac, J? Sorry for piss poor punctuation, lmao.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Sled21 - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 07:21 PM)M.W. Wrote: Yes and it is shocking to see in GD thread folks talking about AJ McCarron!  Browning is a terrific back up and will be a starter somewhere soon.

The Game Day thread is ruined by morons.

Browning just threw Tee open as folks would claim if Burrow made that play.

A deep back shoulder throw.

(12-16-2023, 10:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not speaking for ceasar, but he's definitely better than Wilson and several others. I don't know if I'd put him ahead of Flacco or even Dalton though. Look at the Carolina shit show.... Dalton actually put up 350 with that bunch of turds.

Jake is not close to Dalton.  I will do any bet with any poster that Jake is never a QB1 on any NFL roster.   He is a super capable backup but come on guys the obvious is obvious.   Im afraid we will see this the next few games, hopefully not.  I bet Frasier wished he would have pressured him all game and Tomlin will likely try to.  Luckily our oline and run game have been effective.

(12-16-2023, 10:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browning just threw Tee open as folks would claim if Burrow made that play.

A deep back shoulder throw.

The most unknowledgeable football knower online. 

(12-16-2023, 10:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Were you believing in Zac J? Don't lie, lol.

I plead the 5th!

(12-16-2023, 10:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You brain numbingly awful at this sport.  It has nothing to do with the catch.  The THROW is the topic.  I cant even talk with you, my 9 year old is Bill Walsh compared to you. 

The completion is always the topic. And point of any playmaking questioning. Who cares about a beautiful incomplete throw? Even someone with brain numbing, or whatever other adjective you want to use knowledge knows which is more important.

(12-16-2023, 10:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Jake is not close to Dalton.  I will do any bet with any poster that Jake is never a QB1 on any NFL roster.   He is a super capable backup but come on guys the obvious is obvious.   Im afraid we will see this the next few games, hopefully not.  I bet Frasier wished he would have pressured him all game and Tomlin will likely try to.  Luckily our oline and run game have been effective.

I definitely agree he is not as good as Andy. I wouldn't do that bet because of the desperation of some franchises. Matt Flynn was a turd. Ya never know. I have a little more faith in him than you ceasar, because I remember watching him in college. However, like you, I also see the limitations. Personally, I see our staff doing an excellent job managing him, and Jake playing well within the system. He is a smart player, he's not rattled, and he's athletic enough to make some things happen here and there. A great backup option. 

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Nicomo Cosca - 12-16-2023

Is Jake Browning becoming a starter somewhere the new Dalton will go somewhere else and win a bunch of playoff games (NE was always a favorite IIRC)? :ninja:

(12-16-2023, 10:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The most unknowledgeable football knower online. 

Yea yea yea. You running out of insults. 

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Nicomo Cosca - 12-16-2023

If this is going to get anyone a lot of buzz it’s Dan Pitcher.

(12-16-2023, 10:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: I definitely agree he is not as good as Andy. I wouldn't do that bet because of the desperation of some franchises. Matt Flynn was a turd. Ya never know. I have a little more faith in him than you ceasar, because I remember watching him in college. However, like you, I also see the limitations. Personally, I see our staff doing an excellent job managing him, and Jake playing well within the system. He is a smart player, he's not rattled, and he's athletic enough to make some things happen here and there. A great backup option. 

I cannot think of a team he could go to next season and be QB1?

(12-16-2023, 10:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I cannot think of a team he could go to next season and be QB1?

That's a good question.... I'd admittedly have to do some studying.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Housh - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I cannot think of a team he could go to next season and be QB1?

I’m sure a few teams will have openings

He’d be a good tank driver

Not good enough to win you games alone but good enough to trick your fanbase into thinking you want to win