Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term (/Thread-Report-Bengals-are-trying-to-sign-Tee-Higgins-long-term)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Rotobeast - 02-27-2024

(02-27-2024, 10:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Always enjoy Bfines takes, but found this funny per can hear Marvin giggling Tee Hee now
.[Image: 6d790eb8de6325c75b4d24e5bcde6004.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Go Cards - 02-28-2024

Maybe rumors but the Ravens are reportedly trying to get Derrick Henry and KC Mike Evans. The Bengals will need to get much better at defense to have a chance to get back to SB imo. KC just won without a legit WR and the Ravens were knocking on the door with only a rookie WR Flowers, think they will add another one too.. Pretty sure having Chase and a 1st round draft pick would put them in much better shape than what either of those teams just made their run with, plus Burrow can only throw to one guy at a time anyway.

Need to bolster the trenches with Tee's money and extra $30 million added to cap. Certain $50 million dollars will plug some holes nicely to negate whatever drop off comes from having a rookie WR #2. In fact should buy elite talent with that kind of cabbage.
Fix running game and pressure opponents QB's more and Burrow will put up the points enough to get there. What Bengals need the most is a healthy Joe and a better Defense imho. .

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 07:28 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Maybe rumors but the Ravens are reportedly trying to get Derrick Henry and KC Mike Evans. The Bengals will need to get much better at defense to have a chance to get back to SB imo. KC just won without a legit WR and the Ravens were knocking on the door with only a rookie WR Flowers, think they will add another one too.. Pretty sure having Chase and a 1st round draft pick would put them in much better shape than what either of those teams just made their run with, plus Burrow can only throw to one guy at a time anyway.

Need to bolster the trenches with Tee's money and extra $30 million added to cap. Certain $50 million dollars will plug some holes nicely to negate whatever drop off comes from having a rookie WR #2. In fact should buy elite talent with that kind of cabbage.
Fix running game and pressure opponents QB's more and Burrow will put up the points enough to get there. What Bengals need the most is a healthy Joe and a better Defense imho. .

It would be funny if both Henry and Evans finally fell off with those teams. I think Evans still has a lot in him though, I would honestly be fine
with bringing him in and trading Tee, it would be cheaper and honestly Evans is more dependable and just produces.

We get the DT position upgraded and let the youth in the Secondary grow into what they could be and I think we will have a much better Defense 
this year. I like what I saw of Murphy and Battle as rookies big time and I could see both Turner and Dax making big strides in their Second year 
with significant snaps. CTB is becoming a leader and I hear we are wanting to bring back Chido. Our LB play will improve with growth in the 
communication department.

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Housh - 02-28-2024

More i learn about contracts and void years the less i think this is likely to happen

Youd have to do ALOT of work to make Tee work long term. Tee taking a discount would be great but you can’t expect that so paying Tee market value may just be too hard to make work. The best way i see to format it would be to add void year to the deal and pay him 40-50M this year.

Then you’d likely have to get Jamarr to do something similar.

You sign both to 3 year extensions but make it 4 year deals with both having a void year and you could absolutely take a massive cap hit for Tee in 2024 then take another massive one for Jamarr and both would have manageable base salaries but that’d be crazy even if Tee played every game

Doing all that for a guy who may get hurt week 1 is too risky

It makes much more sense to tag him and trade him to get value.

Iv never been one for letting a guy walk that has trade value

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - TheLeonardLeap - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 05:05 PM)Housh Wrote: More i learn about contracts and void years the less i think this is likely to happen

Youd have to do ALOT of work to make Tee work long term. Tee taking a discount would be great but you can’t expect that so paying Tee market value may just be too hard to make work. The best way i see to format it would be to add void year to the deal and pay him 40-50M this year.

Then you’d likely have to get Jamarr to do something similar.

You sign both to 3 year extensions but make it 4 year deals with both having a void year and you could absolutely take a massive cap hit for Tee in 2024 then take another massive one for Jamarr and both would have manageable base salaries but that’d be crazy even if Tee played every game

Doing all that for a guy who may get hurt week 1 is too risky

It makes much more sense to tag him and trade him to get value.

Iv never been one for letting a guy walk that has trade value

You'd just be giving up on trying to win in 2024 then because you couldn't fill out the rest of your team.

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Go Cards - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It would be funny if both Henry and Evans finally fell off with those teams. I think Evans still has a lot in him though, I would honestly be fine
with bringing him in and trading Tee, it would be cheaper and honestly Evans is more dependable and just produces.

We get the DT position upgraded and let the youth in the Secondary grow into what they could be and I think we will have a much better Defense 
this year. I like what I saw of Murphy and Battle as rookies big time and I could see both Turner and Dax making big strides in their Second year 
with significant snaps. CTB is becoming a leader and I hear we are wanting to bring back Chido. Our LB play will improve with growth in the 
communication department.

With you on this too. Believe if Bengals bolster the D-line the secondary is going to be just fine. Just need another elite pass rusher to go with Trey. Of course that is easier said than done, would have to either strike gold in draft, or trade Tee and buy a top notch player imo.  

Really think they should bring Chido back as well per he should be affordable and has a huge upside if he gets back up to speed. Which it looked like he was getting it back at the seasons ending. 

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - SunsetBengal - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 06:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: With you on this too. Believe if Bengals bolster the D-line the secondary is going to be just fine. Just need another elite pass rusher to go with Trey. Of course that is easier said than done, would have to either strike gold in draft, or trade Tee and buy a top notch player imo.  

Really think they should bring Chido back as well per he should be affordable and has a huge upside if he gets back up to speed. Which it looked like he was getting it back at the seasons ending. 

Murphy looks like he could develop into that guy.  Need to get him up to par with Hubbard's run defense before he's ready to roll as a 3 down guy, but perhaps Murphy can be a consistent situational pass rush guy this season?

(02-28-2024, 07:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Murphy looks like he could develop into that guy.  Need to get him up to par with Hubbard's run defense before he's ready to roll as a 3 down guy, but perhaps Murphy can be a consistent situational pass rush guy this season?

Agree Murphy came on strong

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 06:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: With you on this too. Believe if Bengals bolster the D-line the secondary is going to be just fine. Just need another elite pass rusher to go with Trey. Of course that is easier said than done, would have to either strike gold in draft, or trade Tee and buy a top notch player imo.  

Yes sir Go Cards, as usual we are on the same page. As long as we get a DT and a RT in FA I would be fine with adding another pass 
rusher as well early in the Draft, I do like Verse the End from FSU. Bring back Chido, bring in Leonard Williams, Onwenu in FA and starting 
out the Draft with Verse, Adonai Mitchell for the O and Ruke Orhorhoro sure would be a great way to improve our Defense.

RB will also be on our minds, especially if we cut Mixon. There are lots of good RB's in this Draft and we need at least one in this one 
which is exciting for me, I love scouting RB film. Wink

(02-28-2024, 07:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Murphy looks like he could develop into that guy.  Need to get him up to par with Hubbard's run defense before he's ready to roll as a 3 down guy, but perhaps Murphy can be a consistent situational pass rush guy this season?

(02-28-2024, 07:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree Murphy came on strong

Yeah, Murphy could be that elite Edge we have been missing to pair with Trey and it wouldn't surprise me. He has so much talent 
with his athleticism, strength and his versatility. What was holding him back was he was raw and had no moves and relied on just
being a superior athlete in college and being a man amongst boys. But he gained some moves as the season went on, he should 
be much more effective this season.

He was already a good run stopper when he got here which is why I really liked the pick in the first place. I think he could be as 
good of a run stopper as Sam, I know that is saying something as Sam when healthy is one of the best run stopping Edge's in the
NFL but Murphy takes good angles and is very hard to block with his strength and discipline against the run. He can seal the edge
honestly better than Trey already against the run.

Nothing wrong with adding more pass rushers though, but we might want to think more about the inside pass rush this Offseason
with Murphy actually showing some good stuff as a rookie. 

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - SunsetBengal - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 07:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nothing wrong with adding more pass rushers though, but we might want to think more about the inside pass rush this Offseason
with Murphy actually showing some good stuff as a rookie. 

BJ Hill is actually a good pass rusher.  It is true that he only registered 4.5 sacks, but the guy had 21 QB hits.  That seems like a pretty good pass rush win rate, from my point of view.  Hell, the dude even snagged INTs in back to back games, and had 50 tackles to go along with the other stuff.  What the Bengals need is a massive NT that commands at least two blockers on every play.  Then, the pass rush will have the numbers to backup their demonstrated intensity.  Well, one other thing that couldn't hurt would be to send a LB or CB on a 3rd down blitz a little more often..

(02-28-2024, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: BJ Hill is actually a good pass rusher.  It is true that he only registered 4.5 sacks, but the guy had 21 QB hits.  That seems like a pretty good pass rush win rate, from my point of view.  Hell, the dude even snagged INTs in back to back games, and had 50 tackles to go along with the other stuff.  What the Bengals need is a massive NT that commands at least two blockers on every play.  Then, the pass rush will have the numbers to backup their demonstrated intensity.  Well, one other thing that couldn't hurt would be to send a LB or CB on a 3rd down blitz a little more often..

Very true, love BJ Hill. Leonard Williams isn't massive, but he can be a good run stopping NT if we could grab him and then get the massive 
NT in the Draft in T'Vondre Sweat. I just want to add another 3-tech instead of just hoping for Zach Carter to make the jump, 5 pressures all
year is pretty bad with all the snaps he had. He made the great stop against the Vikings though, have to give him cred for that.

(02-28-2024, 08:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true, love BJ Hill. Leonard Williams isn't massive, but he can be a good run stopping NT if we could grab him and then get the massive 
NT in the Draft in T'Vondre Sweat. I just want to add another 3-tech instead of just hoping for Zach Carter to make the jump, 5 pressures all
year is pretty bad with all the snaps he had. He made the great stop against the Vikings though, have to give him cred for that.

Man, you aren't kidding.  The Bengals have struggled for years to get interior DL picks to develop and pan out.  It's definitely time to break the cycle.

(02-28-2024, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Man, you aren't kidding.  The Bengals have struggled for years to get interior DL picks to develop and pan out.  It's definitely time to break the cycle.

Yes, time for the next Geno please. His hole is still vacant. Mellow

Nothing against BJ Hill, he is a damn good player but he is kind of a hybrid, in between a 3-tech and a NT. He can stop the run and rush 
the passer, he is just not elite at either one.

There are some good players in this Draft that could fill the Geno role. Have to pick that special DT out though. It could be Ruke Orhorhoro, it 
could be Dorlus, Newton in the first etc.

(02-28-2024, 08:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, time for the next Geno please. His hole is still vacant. Mellow

Nothing against BJ Hill, he is a damn good player but he is kind of a hybrid, in between a 3-tech and a NT. He can stop the run and rush 

There are some good players in this Draft that could fill the Geno role. Have to pick that special DT out though. It could be Ruke Orhorhoro, it 

Hmm, you just gave me a thought.  BJ Hill is a rather large bodied human being.  I wonder if he would be amicable to sliding over to play NT?  

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - pulses - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 08:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, time for the next Geno please. His hole is still vacant. Mellow

I like the kid from Missouri Robinson and the kid from W Michigan Marshawn Kneeland he's got a great motor on him. As far as inside I like Sweat,Jefferson,Maason Smith. A DE I like late or as an UDFA is  Myles Cole from Texas Tech  he's 6'5 275ish 36 3/8 arms  ThumbsUp and an 87 wingspan  ThumbsUp   I dunno if he can be developed or not but those arms and wingspan don't come along a lot.

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - 007BengalsFan - 02-28-2024

The problem is the defense needs to be able to generate a pass rush up the middle.  We dont have that.  The interior defensive line needs the upgrade

(02-28-2024, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, you just gave me a thought.  BJ Hill is a rather large bodied human being.  I wonder if he would be amicable to sliding over to play NT?  

That is a possibility. BJ could gain a few more pounds and be the NT for us and draft T'Vondre Sweat for our monster NT while adding a 3-tech
that can implode the interior O-line's of our opponents. Bottom line is we need to stop the run better and defend the pass better and a pass rush
up the middle really messes with the QB more than about anything.

(02-28-2024, 08:40 PM)pulses Wrote: I like the kid from Missouri Robinson and the kid from W Michigan Marshawn Kneeland he's got a great motor on him. As far as inside I like Sweat,Jefferson,Maason Smith. A DE I like late or as an UDFA is  Myles Cole from Texas Tech  he's 6'5 275ish 36 3/8 arms  ThumbsUp and an 87 wingspan  ThumbsUp   I dunno if he can be developed or not but those arms and wingspan don't come along a lot.

Good ones, I also like Maason Smith, he can play everywhere. Those measurables for Myles Cole remind me of Calais Campbell when 
he came out of college from North Carolina I believe it was. I watched Dorlus a few times last year at Oregon and I really liked what I 
saw with him collapsing interiors and just saw he is in this Draft, I like Dorlus a lot from what I seen.

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - pulses - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 09:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is a possibility. BJ could gain a few more pounds and be the NT for us and draft T'Vondre Sweat for our monster NT while adding a 3-tech
that can implode the interior O-line's of our opponents. Bottom line is we need to stop the run better and defend the pass better and a pass rush
up the middle really messes with the QB more than about anything.

Good ones, I also like Maason Smith, he can play everywhere. Those measurables for Myles Cole remind me of Calais Campbell when 
he came out of college from North Carolina I believe it was. I watched Dorlus a few times last year at Oregon and I really liked what I 
saw with him collapsing interiors and just saw he is in this Draft, I like Dorlus a lot from what I seen.

Calias came from the U

(02-28-2024, 09:47 PM)pulses Wrote: Calias came from the U

Ah, Miami eh? Been a long time. Mellow

RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 02-28-2024

(02-28-2024, 08:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true, love BJ Hill. Leonard Williams isn't massive, but he can be a good run stopping NT if we could grab him and then get the massive 

Reader is the nose. He'll be back.