Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** (/Thread-2023-NFL-Draft-Thread)

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:30 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That’s not my problem but they were looking at Anton Harrison hard and haven’t drafted one yet so things could have changed. But Williams wants out and they will acquiesce

I don't think so. I mean, I have no info. But hexain't sitting out. 

Ekeler asked for a trade. Baker asked for a trade. Nada  Williams is our RT. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Rubekahn29 - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:24 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We got no pressure on Mahomes. We lost 2 safeties. The Bengals aren’t making decisions that impact a long run at the top.

We still held them to their 3rd least amount of points the entire season. Also, wasn’t that thr point of drafting Dax last year and signing Scott this year?

Do we not think the offense needs to be better? ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

As great as our offense can be, Our defense has been by far our most consistent and often better side of the ball the last 2 years.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Frank Booth - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:37 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I don't think so. I mean, I have no info. But hexain't sitting out. 

Ekeler asked for a trade. Baker asked for a trade. Nada  Williams is our RT. 

people cant grasp that it hurts Jonah's wallet big time if he sits out and refuses to play

Jonah has to play, and play well if he wants his pay day

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:33 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, could have the upgrade to Vonn Bell here, always thought Dax Hill would be the upgrade to Jessie Bates.

I like good tacklers at Safety with speed, Battle is definitely bigger and faster than Bell and Dax is faster and a better tackler than Bates.

I think they will struggle a bit early on and if Battle isn't quite ready Scott is the great insurance who is tested.
Absolutely 100% my brother!!  IMO,  Jordan Battle is our best pick of the draft!!!! 

Vonn Bell was a player and got the job done, but this kid look the F' out!!!  I'm just ecstatic that another AFC team didn't get him!!!

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:33 AM)Whatever Wrote: So, basically, stacking depth is fine as they do it at the position you want them to despite the fact that this is a good CB draft and a terrible OT draft?

Some people seem to truly want to draft like they vote. The names don’t matter, they just go off the letters next to them. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Housh - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:29 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Battle tested poorly at the combine. In some areas.

Mostly due to broad/high jump scores that were low, very poor explosion. Poor agility (cone/shuttle). Height/weight good. Speed was great (8-9 range) in 40, 20, and 10. For a FS/CF type, I can live with that.

40 time (4.55), 20 (2.62), 10 (1.55).

Can he man cover? Barring injury i really only see him playing in packages where Dax covers tight ends in man.

I wonder if Nick Scott is good at rotating to FS on occasion? If he can take snaps at FS then i definitely see Dax being used more like a nickel corner than a FS. Which would make sense sense. Dax’s big plus coming out was that he could double as a corner and that he was as good at corner as he was at safety.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - THE PISTONS - 04-29-2023

Re: TE - Don't forget that Kittle and most of the great ones weren't 1st and 2nd Round picks.

(04-29-2023, 12:40 AM)Housh Wrote: Can he man cover? Barring injury i really only see him playing in packages where Dax covers tight ends in man.

I wonder if Nick Scott is good at rotating to FS on occasion? If he can take snaps at FS then i definitely see Dax being used more like a nickel corner than a FS. Which would make sense sense. Dax’s big plus coming out was that he could double as a corner and that he was as good at corner as he was at safety.

His weakness is man coverage.

Jonah’s ass is playing RT

He will not waste a year of his prime for this.

(04-29-2023, 12:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Some people seem to truly want to draft like they vote. The names don’t matter, they just go off the letters next to them. 

Yep. Honestly, as long as we took a DB, DE, TE, etc...people would be happy.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Atomic Orange - 04-29-2023

Like picks 1 and 3 hated 2(but wish him the best.)

The ***** Seahawks man.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - bengaloo - 04-29-2023

I am liking this draft. I was wishing for Washington in the 3rd but it is what it is. Zac and Joe dont put as high of priority on TE as a lot of us fans. I love going all in on defense though. We will not win a SB without a good defense. There are still some good RB's and TE's left who could play here.

(04-29-2023, 12:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His weakness is man coverage.

Ugh

Signed Nick Scott to 3-year 12 Million, i can’t see us wanting him to have competition. We gotta be thinking about toying with 3 safety packages. There’s no other reason for this pick.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:37 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We still held them to their 3rd least amount of points the entire season. Also, wasn’t that thr point of drafting Dax last year and signing Scott this year?

As great as our offense can be, Our defense has been by far our most consistent and often better side of the ball  the last 2 years.

And our Safeties were a giant part of the reason our Defense was our most consistent side of the ball.

Getting Dax Hill and now Brick Scott and Jordan Battle along with Tycen Anderson may keep this rolling.

Losing Vonn Bell was unexpected, the Battle pick and the Scott addition should help.

The OL gets better with Orlando Brown, Volson in his second year in the NFL, Karras in his 2nd year on the Bengals, same with Cappa and 
either Carman or Jonah (no trade so assume he is here this year) and the Offense takes the next step. Still RB's and TE's to be had etc.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-29-2023

A really good player is going to slip to 28.

There’s a reason why he slipped to 28!

Man, the Bengals should have made a trade there.

Arrrgh, the stupid Bengals made a trade!

Well, this has been entertaining.

(04-29-2023, 12:44 AM)Housh Wrote: Ugh

Signed Nick Scott to 3-year 12 Million, i can’t see us wanting him to have competition. We gotta be thinking about toying with 3 safety packages. There’s no other reason for this pick.

the pick prob makes nick scott a back up in year 2, and provides great depth for injury

why are you mad with a Vonn Bell clone? Box safeties arent the cover guys

(04-29-2023, 12:41 AM)Housh Wrote: Jonah’s ass is playing RT

He will not waste a year of his prime for this.

what does this mean? He's going to play RT if he wants his big payday in 2024 when he hits free agency

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Soonerpeace - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:37 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We still held them to their 3rd least amount of points the entire season. Also, wasn’t that thr point of drafting Dax last year and signing Scott this year?

As great as our offense can be, Our defense has been by far our most consistent and often better side of the ball the last 2 years.

Well I would have gone with a TE and CB and OL. But the draft is funny. All the players they took were much better ranked than their selection. Obviously the staff went with the players high on their board. But I think they are looking at the cap and down the road on defense. I’ve said 1000 times Mixon was safe. But they were targeting a running back pick. Charbonett maybe? He got picked. La Porta maybe? He got picked. They looked hard at Harrison? He got picked. So maybe their defensive guys were there and not offensive. The picks have been good.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Synric - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:44 AM)Housh Wrote: Ugh

3 safety packages are hard to implement when you have Mike Hilton who plays that NFL Star DB role. (Star DB - Nickle Corner/Base Linebacker).

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-29-2023

Lou in the war room

[Image: f7c9eb5edc339c15d9520bd5e8653ac5.jpg]