Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA (/Thread-Alt-right-rallies-in-Charlottesville-VA)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Millhouse - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 02:33 AM)Passepartout Wrote: Really the President needed to come down beyond hard on Nazis and racists. More than that of North Korea. As it is happening in our backyard there.

Doubt he will because he will never every vote he can scrape off the bottom of humanity if he decides to run again in 3 years.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - GMDino - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 10:52 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Doubt he will because he will never every vote he can scrape off the bottom of humanity if he decides to run again in 3 years.

"If"?

He's already running.  He announced the day of his inauguration.  That allows him to fundraise and hold rallies immediately.

I'll just leave this here.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/14/investing/merck-ceo-trump-charlottesville/index.html

Quote:Trump lashes out at CEO who quits council

[/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Trump%20lashes%20out%20at%20black%20CEO%20who%20quits%20council&via=CNNMoney&related=CNNMoneyInvest&url=http://cnnmon.ie/2wIASnb]
One of America's most prominent black CEOs quit President Trump's manufacturing council on Monday over Trump's failure to condemn white supremacists.

Kenneth Frazier of Merck said in a statement: "America's leaders must honor our fundamental values by clearly rejecting expressions of hatred, bigotry and group supremacy."

Within minutes, Trump attacked him on Twitter, saying Frazier's resignation will give him "more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!"

Frazier did not mention the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, in his statement, but he did say that "as a matter of personal conscience, I feel a responsibility to take a stand against intolerance and extremism."

That appeared to be a reference to Trump's statement over the weekend blaming violence "on many sides" after neo-Nazis and white nationalists clashed with counter-protesters.

View image on Twitter
[Image: DHMDjhqUwAAgoHl.jpg:small]

Quote:[/url]

[Image: psZCEYD8_normal.jpeg]Merck 

@Merck

8:00 AM - Aug 14, 2017

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Frazier is one of the country's most prominent black corporate executives and was the only black male CEO named to the council in January.

His exit marks another rebuke to Trump from corporate America. Trump's June 1 decision to leave the Paris climate accord led Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk to step down from the manufacturing panel as well as a separate business advisory council.

Disney (DIS) CEO Bob Iger similarly quit the business advisory council, and Goldman Sachs (GS)CEO Lloyd Blankfein used his first-ever tweet to slam Trump's Paris decision.

Frazier appeared at the White House just last month to promote an agreement between Merck, Pfizer (PFE) and Corning (GLW) to create 1,000 jobs.

Quote:

[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump] Follow
[Image: kUuht00m_normal.jpg]Donald J. Trump 

@realDonaldTrump
Now that Ken Frazier of Merck Pharma has resigned from President's Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!
8:54 AM - Aug 14, 2017

Trump formed the manufacturing council a week after his inauguration as part of a push to create jobs. At the time, the White House hailed the council, including Frazier, as "some of the world's most successful and creative business leaders."

At the group's first meeting in January, Trump shook Frazier's hand after the CEO talked up efforts to bring manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. for a cancer drug.

"That's very good," Trump said at the time.

Wall Street seemed unfazed by Trump's attack. A fund that represents biotech stocks climbed 1% on Monday morning. Trump has in the past caused drug stocks to drop by threatening to bring prices "way down."

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Dill - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 08:44 AM)Vlad Wrote: Isn't it special how these Antifa clowns mimic their Islamic counterparts.

As of yesterday the group solely responsible for the mayhem not being called out by the media or anyone else.
Virginia Democrat governor Terry McDoofus refuses to condemn this violent group.

And liberals are soooo upset Trump didn't call out the "white supremacists", after all Obama called it "Islamic Terrorism" almost every day.

Trump got it right when he said "all sides".

Liberals are so unfair. lol

What about Obama and Islamic terrorism??  Why aren't we talking about that too?  double lol. 

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 11:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'll just leave this here.

Funny you post this..... he directly addresses how the Nazi's separated people much like the leftists do today. Pitting them against each other.

Ofc you can throw in the white supremecists in there but do they even have any power? Leftists are stronger today and can actually affect people's lives.

(08-14-2017, 12:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Funny you post this.....  he directly addresses how the Nazi's separated people much like the leftists do today.    Pitting them against each other.    

Ofc you can throw in the white supremecists in there but do they even have any power?   Leftists are stronger today and can actually affect people's lives.

Well I suppose there is nothing that will keep people from defending Nazis.

I tired.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 12:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well I suppose there is nothing that will keep people from defending Nazis.

I tired.

You should probably watch he entire unedited film and you can see he is talking about identity politics. Which is exactly what the Nazi's used.

(08-14-2017, 12:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You should probably watch he entire unedited film and you can see he is talking about identity politics.  Which is exactly what the Nazi's used.  

Gonna say it again.

I don't side with the Nazis.

Apparently that is too hard for some people to say.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Belsnickel - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 09:30 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Some of you will, predictably and sadly, equate this comment with support for the person who ran his car into a group of people, taking the life of one of them.  That is, unfortunately, the state of discourse in this country.  However, the latest, and of course rawest, example of political violence in this country should not blind us to what proceeded it.  I hope all of you will join me and, as I once asked as the topic of one of my rare threads, condemn violence against anyone for speaking their beliefs, no matter how repugnant you find them.  Yes, lets crack down on violent mobs of all sorts and lets stop pretending this problem is special or unique to one side of the spectrum or another.  if you fail to do so, all of us, then you perpetuate what you claim to despise.

I would agree with you, if that was what was happening. The Nazis, alt-right, white nationalist, white supremacists, etc., that came to Charlottesville were not there to exercise free speech on a political situation. They were there to incite violence. They came looking for a fight. The evidence exists in forum and blog posts, podcasts, social media, and their actions. They attacked peaceful demonstrators Friday night that did not pose any threat. They attacked clergy that did not pose any threat. They attacked many peaceful protesters. That was why they got shut down in the park and then they were fed to the wolves of Antifa out in the street.

The group that had the car run into was coming back from a predominantly black neighborhood that was being harassed by a mob of the white supremacists. No altercation happened there, they were headed there only to show support and there was no violence other than Market Street, where the park lies, and on 4th/Water St. Well, during the day. In the evening there were roaming bands of these shitstains that attacked people in the city. They were not there to exercise free speech, they were there for violence.

I abhor all violent groups, but I lay the blame for all of this at the feet of the Nazi scum that came to the city. We need to stop pretending that they are just trying to exercise free speech, because they are there to incite violence, nothing more. That's why they called this weekend a success on their websites. That;s why one of the leader, Weimbach I believe, is quoted saying as much to the Guardian.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Dill - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 12:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Funny you post this.....  he directly addresses how the Nazi's separated people much like the leftists do today.    Pitting them against each other.    

Ofc you can throw in the white supremecists in there but do they even have any power?   Leftists are stronger today and can actually affect people's lives.

???? Is Trump a "leftist"???  whatever are you talking about?

(08-14-2017, 08:44 AM)Vlad Wrote: Isn't it special how these Antifa clowns mimic their Islamic counterparts.

As of yesterday the group solely responsible for the mayhem not being called out by the media or anyone else.
Virginia Democrat governor Terry McDoofus refuses to condemn this violent group.

And liberals are soooo upset Trump didn't call out the "white supremacists", after all Obama called it "Islamic Terrorism" almost every day.

Trump got it right when he said "all sides".

[Image: antifa.jpg]

Almost every single person in the hospitals from this weekend were counter-protesters. Almost all of them from the car being driven into the crowd of locals, one of them the son of a colleague of mine. The ones in that picture weren't responsible for the mayhem and violence. The people that decided to bring their hate to the community and drive a wedge between the people here are the ones responsible for it.

You're being a Nazi sympathizer with this post. Flat out.

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 01:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That;s why one of the leader, Weimbach I believe, is quoted saying as much to the Guardian.

Matthew Heimbach. 8 years ago he was just this fat loser at Towson University here in Baltimore who kept getting his white nationalist club shut down. 

(08-14-2017, 01:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Matthew Heimbach. 8 years ago he was just this fat loser at Towson University here in Baltimore who kept getting his white nationalist club shut down. 

That's him. After the violence, after the murder of a woman, he referred to Saturday as "a success."

RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-14-2017

(08-14-2017, 01:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would agree with you, if that was what was happening. The Nazis, alt-right, white nationalist, white supremacists, etc., that came to Charlottesville were not there to exercise free speech on a political situation. They were there to incite violence. They came looking for a fight. The evidence exists in forum and blog posts, podcasts, social media, and their actions. They attacked peaceful demonstrators Friday night that did not pose any threat. They attacked clergy that did not pose any threat. They attacked many peaceful protesters. That was why they got shut down in the park and then they were fed to the wolves of Antifa out in the street.

The group that had the car run into was coming back from a predominantly black neighborhood that was being harassed by a mob of the white supremacists. No altercation happened there, they were headed there only to show support and there was no violence other than Market Street, where the park lies, and on 4th/Water St. Well, during the day. In the evening there were roaming bands of these shitstains that attacked people in the city. They were not there to exercise free speech, they were there for violence.

I abhor all violent groups, but I lay the blame for all of this at the feet of the Nazi scum that came to the city. We need to stop pretending that they are just trying to exercise free speech, because they are there to incite violence, nothing more. That's why they called this weekend a success on their websites. That;s why one of the leader, Weimbach I believe, is quoted saying as much to the Guardian.

In this particular incident I completely agree with you.  My point is that this incident did not occur in a vacuum and the political violence has been going on for well over a year now.  The only thing that makes this incident stand out in that regard is that a person lost their life.  This is horrible, it was also bound to happen at some point given how things have been progressing.  There has been a lot of violence directed at political speech of late and in far too many cases those perpetrating the violence have been treated with an insane amount of leniency.  This only emboldens those who would engage in further violence.

Like I said in the post you quoted, we agree this needs to be addressed, and in strong terms.  If it had been addressed in strong terms when it began then very possibly this weekend's events don't unfold the way they did and that young lady would still be alive.

(08-14-2017, 02:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: In this particular incident I completely agree with you.  My point is that this incident did not occur in a vacuum and the political violence has been going on for well over a year now.  The only thing that makes this incident stand out in that regard is that a person lost their life.  This is horrible, it was also bound to happen at some point given how things have been progressing.  There has been a lot of violence directed at political speech of late and in far too many cases those perpetrating the violence have been treated with an insane amount of leniency.  This only emboldens those who would engage in further violence.

Like I said in the post you quoted, we agree this needs to be addressed, and in strong terms.  If it had been addressed in strong terms when it began then very possibly this weekend's events don't unfold the way they did and that young lady would still be alive.

Okay, I see where you are coming from. Sorry, still a little worked up about this situation. Usually you can kind of step away from things when something like this happens and take a break, but when it is so local, it infects your whole life and you get no rest from it.

(08-14-2017, 02:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: In this particular incident I completely agree with you.  My point is that this incident did not occur in a vacuum and the political violence has been going on for well over a year now.  The only thing that makes this incident stand out in that regard is that a person lost their life.  This is horrible, it was also bound to happen at some point given how things have been progressing.  There has been a lot of violence directed at political speech of late and in far too many cases those perpetrating the violence have been treated with an insane amount of leniency.  This only emboldens those who would engage in further violence.

One of the things that makes it hard to discuss this without coming off as excusing the behavior one particular violent group is that partisan conservatives tend to equate all against the Nazis as Antifa while partisan liberals tend to ignore any Antifa presence. 

Conservatives believe liberals have failed in the past to distance themselves from or disavow Antifa. It's almost like they want that to be a condition for any disavowing of Nazis/White Nationalists/Supremacists. Unfortunately in this case, the result is that a lot of people are writing off peaceful victims as Antifa, condoning the violence as "well, I'm not saying Nazis are good but was it self defense?"

And of course, some, on both sides, are so utterly unaware of the sources of their information that I still see people pushing that 4chan bullshit that the Ohio Nazi wasn't the killer.

And finally...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/14/white-house-response-to-charlottesville/564199001/

Quote:President Trump condemns white supremacists after Charlottesville violence

Three days after white supremacists and counter protesters clashed in the streets of Charlottesville, Va, President Trump declared Monday that "racism is evil" and announced that the Justice Department will open a civil rights investigation into the deadly car attack that left one woman dead. 

"Justice will be delivered," he said after returning to the White House to meet with top federal law enforcement officials.

Specifically citing the KKK, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists, Trump said such groups are "repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans." He denounced those who carry out violent acts in the name of racism as "criminals and thugs." 

Trump's remarks came after an avalanche of criticism for his initial response on Saturday, in which he blamed the Charlottesville violence on "many sides" – without directly condemning white supremacists rallying to protest the planned removal of a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee that officials had declared an unlawful assembly.

Trump's meeting with Attorney General Jeff Sessions and newly confirmed FBI Director Chris Wray came just hours after the attorney general said the Charlottesville car attack does meet the definition of domestic terrorism and warrants a federal investigation.

A 20-year-old Ohio man James Alex Fields Jr., 20, has been charged with second-degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding and one count of hit and run after driving a car into a crowd of people protesting a white supremacist demonstration in the city where the University of Virginia is located. The crash killed one woman and wounded 19 others. 

"You can be sure we will charge and advance the investigation toward the most serious charges that can be brought because this is unequivocally an unacceptable evil attack," Sessions said earlier Monday on ABC's Good Morning America.

After Trump's initial statement that did not condemn white nationalists, numerous Republicans and others called on Trump be more forceful. "Mr. President - we must call evil by its name," tweeted Sen. Cory Gardner, R-Colo. "These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism." 

On Sunday, one day after the deadly car crash, the White House offered reporters a statement in response to questions about Trump's comments.  

"The President said very strongly in his statement yesterday that he condemns all forms of violence, bigotry, and hatred," the statement said. "Of course that includes white supremacists, KKK Neo-Nazi and all extremist groups. He called for national unity and bringing all Americans together." 

The statement, which was not attributed to any specific person or the president, did little to quell questions about Trump's initial statement. 

Finally.

(08-14-2017, 02:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: And finally...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/14/white-house-response-to-charlottesville/564199001/

Finally.

But not before he took to twitter to attack a critic.

(08-14-2017, 02:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: But not before he took to twitter to attack a critic.

Yep.  Probably took that long to get him to agree to read a statement and not ad-lib.

But at least it was the right statement this time.

edit: Of course from this point forward he will never say it again. He and his supporters will say he already said it so nothing else will matter.