Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Target removes gender based signage for kids - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Target removes gender based signage for kids (/Thread-Target-removes-gender-based-signage-for-kids)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - GMDino - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 08:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That last sentence says exactly what I am talking about .....   We are losing the unique differences between men and woman by making everything unisex .

No its the exact OPPOSITE of what you are talking about where men and women and boys and girls are forced into gender roles with no consideration of their individuality.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - GMDino - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 08:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Explain how that is calling anyones daughter a boy here?  

Dear lord either debate the merits or find another thread.

You said if they did what they did they wanted their girls to be boys.  Don't be coy.  Just admit you did it.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - StLucieBengal - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 09:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: You said if they did what they did they wanted their girls to be boys.  Don't be coy.  Just admit you did it.

Where In that is me calling anyone's kids anything? It's up to any parent to decide what to expose their kids.

I don't want my girls to lose their femininity, maybe that not as important to other parents. That's their choice. I am allowed to state my opinion.

You obviously had a different plan for your daughter. But where have you seen me say that your way was wrong or that you or your daughter are any less for that decision? I respect others ways, doesn't mean I have i agree, but it's not my life.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - jakefromstatefarm - 08-15-2015

I'll reiterate my belief that playing with a certain toy has no bearing on a person's masculinity or femininity.

There are women that are naturally more masculine than your typical female, just as there are men who are more feminine than your typical male.

I think that can be tied more to genetics than what kind of toys they play with as children.

Just my take here, I could be wrong.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - BmorePat87 - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 07:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When did Legos become boy toys?   When we have walked down the toy aisle a metal gate doesn't come crashing down stopping us from selecting Legos.     They even have a girls section.  

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/ByCategory;jsessionid=9D59DCD3A953CE4401997E3B4E75C010.lego-ps9

Gender nuetral is a bad thing.   Each sex loses what makes them special.   Your just making a homogenous group instead of a dynamic group with distinct differences that bring out the best in each other.

Homie, the ***** story you posted was prompted by someone posting a picture for the lego aisle that said:

"Building Sets"
"Girls' Building Sets"

Holy moly. 

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - djs7685 - 08-16-2015

(08-15-2015, 10:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Homie, the ***** story you posted was prompted by someone posting a picture for the lego aisle that said:

"Building Sets"
"Girls' Building Sets"

Holy moly. 

Yeah, It's to the point where you can't even show him directly where he said something because he'll try to claim he didn't say it even though it's right there in the open.

I don't even know how to debate someone like this. They say they didn't say X. You show absolute proof where they said X, and then they just post that they never said it and act like your quote doesn't exist. Like what in the actual **** is happening right now????

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - BmorePat87 - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 01:11 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah, It's to the point where you can't even show him directly where he said something because he'll try to claim he didn't say it even though it's right there in the open.

I don't even know how to debate someone like this. They say they didn't say X. You show absolute proof where they said X, and then they just post that they never said it and act like your quote doesn't exist. Like what in the actual **** is happening right now????

"Who is talking about legos?!!?"

"Um, the god damn link you posted to start this thread is, *******"

It's impossible, man. 

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - GMDino - 08-16-2015

(08-15-2015, 09:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where In that is me calling anyone's kids anything?   It's up to any parent to decide what to expose their kids.  

I don't want my girls to lose their femininity, maybe that not as important to other parents.  That's their choice.   I am allowed to state my opinion.  

You obviously had a different plan for your daughter.    But where have you seen me say that your way was wrong or that you or your daughter are any less for that decision?   I respect others ways, doesn't mean I have i agree, but it's not my life.

the thing is...it not your choice.

That's why I said we are all individuals.  You can WANT you daughters to dress int heir finest lace and find a good man and stay home and raise the kids...but they might be great sports player or brilliant business people.  And if THEY want to do something YOU consider not feminine that is YOUR problem that you can't deal with it.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - StLucieBengal - 08-16-2015

(08-15-2015, 09:29 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I'll reiterate my belief that playing with a certain toy has no bearing on a person's masculinity or femininity.  

There are women that are naturally more masculine than your typical female, just as there are men who are more feminine than your typical male.  

I think that can be tied more to genetics than what kind of toys they play with as children.  

Just my take here, I could be wrong.

Why were women in years past more feminine than todays?

The key is keeping their feminine nature.

I could also be wrong but my ex wife wasnt feminine at all. And it was like being with another guy. Current wife, very feminine, and at the same time very accomplished in her career.

It's not an one or the other deal. You can have both but you need to show your young girls how to be feminine.

That's one of the very few things my wife does not like about the USA. The way women act like men.

(08-16-2015, 11:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: the thing is...it not your choice.

That's why I said we are all individuals.  You can WANT you daughters to dress int heir finest lace and find a good man and stay home and raise the kids...but they might be great sports player or brilliant business people.  And if THEY want to do something YOU consider not feminine that is YOUR problem that you can't deal with it.

Yes it is our choice. Yet you and the rest of the peanut gallery want to take a shot at me for making our choice.

Like I have said repeatedly. Idc how any of you raise your kids . If you want them to be afraid of pronouns, boys playing with dolls, girls wrestling boys, cross dressing for their schools dances or whatever weird cause you want to promote through them.

We will just stick to girls being girls and letting them take it far as they can go. Once they are adults they can do as they wish.

(08-15-2015, 10:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Homie, the ***** story you posted was prompted by someone posting a picture for the lego aisle that said:

"Building Sets"
"Girls' Building Sets"

Holy moly. 

Are girls limited in purchasing from the building sets link?  

Are boys limited from buying from the girls building sets link?

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - BmorePat87 - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 07:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Are girls limited in purchasing from the building sets link?  

Are boys limited from buying from the girls building sets link?

You said girls want to play with "girls toys". According to the signage in your article, legos are assumed to be for boys unless specifically labeled for girls. 

I mentioned that it was silly to suggest this. You then asked why we're talking about legos. It's because the item behind this in your article is legos. 

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - GMDino - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 07:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes it is our choice.   Yet you and the rest of the peanut gallery want to take a shot at me for making our choice.  

Like I have said repeatedly.   Idc how any of you raise your kids .  If you want them to be afraid of pronouns, boys playing with dolls, girls wrestling boys, cross dressing for their schools dances or whatever weird cause you want to promote through them.  

We will just stick to girls being girls and letting them take it far as they can go.   Once they are adults they can do as they wish.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-16-2015

I was at Target today. My son got Leonardo, Raphael, and Donatello for his birthday, so I went there to see if they had Michaelangelo. They did, and the aisle that had all of the Ninja Turtles toys in it was no harder to find than it was last week. I tried to pay attention to any changes....they had the backing colors removed from the toy aisles. The pink and blue have both been replaced with woodgrain. Even though this massively dramatic change has already taken effect, there was zero difference in my shopping experience.

Anyone that says that it will be harder to find things here is lying about the reason that they're outraged. If they aren't, then they should probably just go shop at Walmart anyway.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - jakefromstatefarm - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 07:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why were women in years past more feminine than todays?  

The key is keeping their feminine nature.

Perhaps because in years past many of them didn't work or have careers at the rate that they do today.  This basically forced them into a role as mother/doting wife rather than breadwinner.

I'm not suggesting that it's a good or bad thing, mind you. 

I think there's a lot of reasons why children today are messed up and lack discipline, and I think taking parents away from children in order to work is one of the reasons. 

I was fortunate enough to be making enough money that my wife and I were both able to spend a lot of time with our daughter during her younger years, but a lot of people aren't in that position...either for financial reasons, divorce, or abandonment. 

Back on point...I don't really see a big deal in a girl playing with boy toys or vice-versa.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Brownshoe - 08-17-2015

Come on guys you know you just can't let your kids do what ever they want!  Ninja

[Image: NAisKTV.jpg]

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - djs7685 - 08-17-2015

(08-16-2015, 07:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes it is our choice.   Yet you and the rest of the peanut gallery want to take a shot at me for making our choice.  

Like I have said repeatedly.   Idc how any of you raise your kids .  If you want them to be afraid of pronouns, boys playing with dolls, girls wrestling boys, cross dressing for their schools dances or whatever weird cause you want to promote through them.  

We will just stick to girls being girls and letting them take it far as they can go.   Once they are adults they can do as they wish.

Okay, now, let's play the game called "be able to use context to comprehend what somebody else is saying".

I tried to make this one verrrrry simple for you by making the points for you to focus on in bold.

This post is saying that my son is a girl if he plays with a doll. This is pretty cut and dry right here, there's no other way to read into this unless you have a legitimate reading disability.

You keep making comments like this throughout the thread, and then you act like it doesn't happen and that you never said this stuff even though it's right there for the world to see. This isn't open to interpretation, so if you don't have those opinions, stop writing them all over the place. This is a message board and the only thing I can take from you is what you write on here, so maybe you should focus on your writing skills if you aren't properly portraying your opinions in this thread. As it stands, your post above flat out says that my son is a girl if he plays with a doll. For that, you can go **** yourself.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Rotobeast - 08-17-2015

(08-16-2015, 01:11 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah, It's to the point where you can't even show him directly where he said something because he'll try to claim he didn't say it even though it's right there in the open.

[Image: ba9524d581cd07d3a752845cc435f7d4a4a314b5...458eec.jpg]

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - mallorian69 - 08-17-2015

(08-16-2015, 09:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I was at Target today.  My son got Leonardo, Raphael, and Donatello for his birthday, so I went there to see if they had Michaelangelo.  They did, and the aisle that had all of the Ninja Turtles toys in it was no harder to find than it was last week.  I tried to pay attention to any changes....they had the backing colors removed from the toy aisles.  The pink and blue have both been replaced with woodgrain.  Even though this massively dramatic change has already taken effect, there was zero difference in my shopping experience.

Anyone that says that it will be harder to find things here is lying about the reason that they're outraged.  If they aren't, then they should probably just go shop at Walmart anyway.

Maybe it wasn't hard for you to find because you've already been there. What about people who don't regularly shop target or even if they do don't normally shop for toys there? And what about in 6 months to a year when the move everything around like most stores do?

Target's own research showed that the majority of their customers preferred the way it was. The fact is they caved to a few people at the expense of the majority of their customers, just another reason for me to never step foot in target ever again.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Nately120 - 08-17-2015

Well, I have to admit you are being consistent in a sense.  Keeping boys from playing with dolls and girls from being on the wrestling team is certainly the type of behavior I would expect from someone who thinks gender identity is a choice.