Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron (/Thread-Bengals-request-interviews-with-Josh-McDaniels-Zac-Taylor-Shane-Waldron)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Au165 - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 11:11 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Joseph getting a two-day interview is a bit disconcerting.

I think it is to convince him to stay here as DC no matter what they do at HC. You can never have too many guys on staff with HC experience, especially if we go with one of these younger guys without HC experience. 

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - jj22 - 01-02-2019

I'm still thinking we'll go Offensive minded HC which means we "should be" safe avoiding Vance.

Not quite out of the woods yet with Hue.

Glad Bienemy thought enough of us to give us the interview.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - The Real Deal - 01-02-2019

But Bienemy getting an interview has to garner some excitement. I would have no complaints.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Au165 - 01-02-2019

Just saw we are scheduled to interview Bienemy after Josephy Friday. I have to say I am impressed with the Bengals attempt to get young offensive minded people in the building. Now it comes down to can we land one of the big fish.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Earendil - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 12:33 AM)BengalB Wrote: I live in Colorado, just south of Denver.

I can confirm, he did wreck the Broncos. Great fan base out here, really awesome game/stadium experience. They deserve better.

Yep.  I used to live in Fort Collins and the Broncos have been my #2 since the 80s.  He was just awful out there. He pissed off half the players (not just Cutler) and made terrible personnel choices.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - jason - 01-02-2019

(01-01-2019, 08:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I would say the LB corp is more important than the dline.

Fix them and I think the dline will look fantastic again.

My $.02

Yeah... Maybe a 1st round LB. Take a tackle in the 2nd, and pony up for a FA or two... A DE, and another O lineman.

But you're right LB is a glaring need.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Big Boss - 01-02-2019

Confirmed interviews:
Bill Lazor
Darrin Simmons
Eric Bieniemy
Hue Jackson
Vance Joseph
Zac Taylor(?)

Requested interviews:
Josh McDaniels
Shane Waldron

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - The Real Deal - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 11:25 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Confirmed interviews:
Bill Lazor
Darrin Simmons
Eric Bieniemy
Hue Jackson
Vance Joseph
Zac Taylor(?)

Requested interviews:
Josh McDaniels
Shane Waldron

The fact that we haven’t even requested to interview McCarthy feels like the Bengals have a clear path in mind. Seems going going with a young offensive minded coach is what they want.

Of the interviewees, I really hope it’s Bienemy or Taylor and not necessarily in that particular order. But I fear in the end these guys will choose one of the others over us. And that makes me sad.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - RunKijanaRun - 01-02-2019

Looks like a certainty that Joseph will be in the organization in some capacity.

But this, to me, puts the cart before the horse.

Hire your HC first. Assuming it's not Vance (which I grant is not a safe assumption), you let the new guy pick his staff as much as possible. If he likes VJ, so be it. But it just reeks of interference to already be putting this much effort into Joseph unless he's the guy they want as the HC.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Big Boss - 01-02-2019

Did Zac Taylor's interview ever get confirmed? I know he was working out timing with them, but that's the last I heard about it.

(01-02-2019, 11:38 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Looks like a certainty that Joseph will be in the organization in some capacity.

But this, to me, puts the cart before the horse.

Hire your HC first. Assuming it's not Vance (which I grant is not a safe assumption), you let the new guy pick his staff as much as possible. If he likes VJ, so be it. But it just reeks of interference to already be putting this much effort into Joseph unless he's the guy they want as the HC.

Even though I think I know the answer to this, why in the world would they make their top priority hire a guy that failed miserably and was ultimately fired because it?

I understand interviewing in an effort at due diligence, but it just makes no sense that he be the main target.i won’t buy that.

I can’t buy it. I’m not buying that! My opinion is that he is their backup emergency choice if they can’t land one of these other guys, ie: Bienemy, Taylor, etc.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Shouldamapads - 01-02-2019

I posted in another thread, I highly doubt McDaniels comes here. Why would he? Anyone think this job would be better than Indy? Not I.

(01-02-2019, 11:41 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Did Zac Taylor's interview ever get confirmed? I know he was working out timing with them, but that's the last I heard about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2019/1/1/18164043/nfl-coach-rumors-bengals-interview-zac-taylor-broncos-cardinals

Seems it happens Friday but Take that for what it’s worth.

So that'd make Joseph, Bieniemy, and Taylor on Friday.

Big day.

(01-02-2019, 11:49 AM)Big Boss Wrote: So that'd make Joseph, Bieniemy, and Taylor on Friday.

Big day.

Huge

(01-02-2019, 11:51 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Huge

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7357158]

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - ochocincos - 01-02-2019

I don't get the love affair with Josh McDaniels this time around. What about his 11-17 record in two seasons with Denver makes people have confidence in his HC ability now? And why would anyone risk signing him as HC after what he pulled with Indy last year?

He should keep doing what he's good at...calling offensive plays.

(01-02-2019, 12:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't get the love affair with Josh McDaniels this time around. What about his 11-17 record in two seasons with Denver makes people have confidence in his HC ability now? And why would anyone risk signing him as HC after what he pulled with Indy last year?

I don’t want him. Although if it’s him or Joseph or someone in house (any of them), I’ll accept him with a handshake and a smile.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Earendil - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 12:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't get the love affair with Josh McDaniels this time around. What about his 11-17 record in two seasons with Denver makes people have confidence in his HC ability now? And why would anyone risk signing him as HC after what he pulled with Indy last year?

Of the outside candidates, he's my least favorite.  But I would still put him above the internal ones.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Synric - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 11:49 AM)Big Boss Wrote: So that'd make Joseph, Bieniemy, and Taylor on Friday.

Big day.

Defensive Coordinator, Head Coach, and Offensive Coordinator? Lol