Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
New Uniforms leaked - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: New Uniforms leaked (/Thread-New-Uniforms-leaked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: New Uniforms leaked - masterpanthera_t - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 07:51 PM)Tomkat Wrote: NOT a fan... :)

[Image: xNjGqhs.jpg]

Thanks for the effort!! I'm definitely in the minority as far as liking the flashy loud look here,  but I truly would wear the heck out of this jersey.  Wouldn't even bat an eye about putting money into Mike Brown's pocket. The only problem is there's not really any pant color that would go with these jerseys for the players, I think. Or it might look like the Syracuse University unis if you make the pants in the same color as the font,  which could work or fail miserably. 

Having said that,  the black jersey with orange font is a less flashy yet crisp classic look that I would love,  and I'm sure I wouldn't be one of the few. And that would go nicely with black pants. 

(03-18-2021, 08:48 PM)Tomkat Wrote: My latest take based on feedback... I REMOVED the leaping tiger, and moved/switched the stripes so they don't look like hair.

[Image: bw9L3GN.jpg]

As a lot of posters have said,  these are top notch. 

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Tomkat - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 10:21 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: As a lot of posters have said,  these are top notch. 

Thanks!, but remember that I only modified an existing design... the source design credit goes to that DaltonSignature dude.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - IcoHolic - 03-18-2021

The claws on the number are silly. It would also look worse on double-digit numbers.

(03-18-2021, 10:29 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: The claws on the number are silly. It would also look worse on double-digit numbers.

I disagree, but that's just my opinion.  I think the claw marks are small enough to not be too distracting.  Also I noticed that for 2-digit numbers, the claw mark of the 2nd digit is in the UPPER-RIGHT, so it gives nice symmetry.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Bengalitis - 03-18-2021

TOMKAT, Can you remove the border on the number tear.. that would make the tear resonate more than it being enclosed by the entire number border. Keep the border on the number only. Thanks.

(03-18-2021, 10:34 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: OMKAT, Can you remove the border on the number tear.. that would make the tear resonate more than it being enclosed by the entire number border. Keep the border on the number only. Thanks.

Stand by...
YEP, you were absolutely right, and it's like you were reading my mind!  I was already thinking about doing it when you posted.

[Image: fUin8Ga.jpg]

(03-18-2021, 10:38 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Stand by...
YEP, you were absolutely right, and it's like you were reading my mind!  I was already thinking about doing it when you posted.

[Image: v487UVk.jpg]

Wonder if it would be better to have Paul Brown's sig right under the V neck, and moving the number slightly down if needed to make room. Also what if the captain's patch was removed,  since only a small number of players get those patches anyway. 

RE: New Uniforms leaked - psychdoctor - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 08:48 PM)Tomkat Wrote: My latest take based on feedback... I REMOVED the leaping tiger, and moved/switched the stripes so they don't look like hair.

wow, these are the Best

(03-18-2021, 10:55 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Wonder if it would be better to have Paul Brown's sig right under the V neck, and moving the number slightly down if needed to make room. Also what if the captain's patch was removed,  since only a small number of players get those patches anyway. 

I'd actually prefer the signature be on the back/inside of the neck (like the "official" versions)

RE: New Uniforms leaked - BengalsRocker - 03-18-2021

Great adaptation!

Getting rid of the leaping tiger and changing the shoulder stripe pattern made all the difference.

You're hired!  

Of course you won't get the customary Wendy's coupon since you dissed her unfurled hair.

Ol' Mikey had an American Beauty moment with Wendy in his dream so he's not too happy.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - rfaulk34 - 03-18-2021

Straight fire.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - rfaulk34 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 09:02 PM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: BgsjFXQ.jpg]

They're both so good, i can't decide...

OK, LAST version, for now... (Removed C patch, moved signature to inside collar)

[Image: bpYGVuM.jpg]

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Fulcher_33 - 03-18-2021

(03-18-2021, 11:27 PM)Tomkat Wrote: OK, LAST version, for now... (Removed C patch, moved signature to inside collar)

Perfect!! I even like the white # w/ orange outline. Either one and I would buy several authentics!!!

(03-18-2021, 11:27 PM)Tomkat Wrote: OK, LAST version, for now... (Removed C patch, moved signature to inside collar)

That kicks some serious tail!!! Thanks for all the work!!!

I know you started off with someone else's template,  but thanks for your time and effort Tomkat!

This version looks clean,  but still has all the right highlights! Snappy color,  homage to the stripes, creative Bengals related touches, yet sleek and still looks classic. 

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Older Than You Too - 03-19-2021

Orange stripes on a black jersey are objectively dumb looking. You look at the helmet with black on orange, then look at the shoulders and it doesn't match up, then you have to wonder what the pant stripes are.

If the pant stripes are black on orange (like the helmet), it's battling with the jersey, if it's orange on black (like the jersey) it's battling with the helmet again.

Black stripes on orange collar bars, with white lettering font is the optimal, cohesive design for the home uniform.

Putting random orange stripes on the jersey/pants is some photo negative, color grade silliness.

I'm no trying to be a dick, but put the stripes like they are on a tiger; black stripes on an orange background.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Tomkat - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 04:30 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: ...but put the stripes like they are on a tiger; black stripes on an orange background.

Well, the players aren't actual tigers so...

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Bengalitis - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 04:30 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Orange stripes on a black jersey are objectively dumb looking. You look at the helmet with black on orange, then look at the shoulders and it doesn't match up, then you have to wonder what the pant stripes are.

If the pant stripes are black on orange (like the helmet), it's battling with the jersey, if it's orange on black (like the jersey) it's battling with the helmet again.

Black stripes on orange collar bars, with white lettering font is the optimal, cohesive design for the home uniform.

Putting random orange stripes on the jersey/pants is some photo negative, color grade silliness.

I'm no trying to be a dick, but put the stripes like they are on a tiger; black stripes on an orange background.

black stripes on orange jersey will be consistent but keeping everything else as a black jersey would likely end up with a uniform looking like a muscle/basketball shirt.  More so because the sleeves have become so tiny nowadays.

RE: New Uniforms leaked - Tomkat - 03-22-2021

I have a question... are the "TV" numbers on the shoulders REQUIRED? If so... I'll need to add them.