Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Collins' visit is over - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Collins' visit is over (/Thread-Collins-visit-is-over)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Collins' visit is over - psychdoctor - 03-20-2022

(03-19-2022, 11:22 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: It’s ironic. Bengals offer less “gtd” but they typically see most contracts through.  Meaning that in the long run it pays to sign with cincy.

The front office, especially Mike Brown is old school. When it comes to contracts and believes a contract is your word.  They still will cut players though, but at least their intentions are in good faith.  I think the players work around is guaranteed money but it's hard to ignore the business aspects a playing in the nfl. 

RE: Collins' visit is over - THE PISTONS - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 04:45 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: This is something I have wondered. Every other owner has an external revenue stream, but as far as we know, the Brown family does not. I would imagine most net worth estimates that say Mike Brown is a billionaire are based on including team value. I would hope the Brown family would take revenue sharing money and at least diversify their investments, but then again, maybe Mike is old school and stuffs money in his couch and mattress. 

Other owners don't use their revenue from other businesses to fund their nfl team.

The Brown family works for the Bengals and draws an imcome.

RE: Collins' visit is over - bengalsboy - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 03:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Bengals have Pollack, Burrow, Chase and an improved OL from last year's SB run.
We are contenders with or with out him.

Collins is best RT on market atm. 

The fit is there. Maybe it's about number of years? Neither of us know the full details, nor does any of the talking heads out there. They are just speculating for clicks.

RE: Collins' visit is over - George Cantstandya - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 04:45 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: This is something I have wondered. Every other owner has an external revenue stream, but as far as we know, the Brown family does not. I would imagine most net worth estimates that say Mike Brown is a billionaire are based on including team value. I would hope the Brown family would take revenue sharing money and at least diversify their investments, but then again, maybe Mike is old school and stuffs money in his couch and mattress. 

Yes Mike's value is based on the value of the team. I think given NFL revenue sharing the Brown family and the Bengals have made hundreds of millions of dollars in the last 5 years or so alone even after contract costs and overhead.   What they did with that income who knows.  But again, I do wonder if they are cash poor when it comes to signing contracts and why.  It is a interesting topic.  

Finally, I don't think any NFL teams are cash poor. If they were they would probably be up for sale.

RE: Collins' visit is over - TigerStripes - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 11:10 AM)M.W. Wrote: If you really wanted a Mercedes and went to see one but it was too expensive especially since you know it had mechanical issues in the past but you figured you would negotiate with the dealer however you could never get the price to a point in which you were comfortable do you buy it anyway just to impress your neighbors?

I trust the front office.

Spot on!!

RE: Collins' visit is over - Rotobeast - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 04:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: the biggest homer that traversed the message boards 

BengalBarry ?
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

RE: Collins' visit is over - Au165 - 03-20-2022

What’s fascinating is almost the exact same thing is going on with Trent Brown and Seattle right now. He took an absurdly long visit, thought it was a done deal and then nothing. Only one really tackle has signed so far (Moses) and the deal was insanely low. It really does feel like the market is depressed and not sure if that is because a lot of money is held back for Armstead right now or a reset in value is occurring.

RE: Collins' visit is over - BengalsRocker - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 04:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Mike Brown must have stopped inviting him to camp, never thought I would see Denny say something bad about Bengals.

Rome has fallen lol

I agree.

Denny calling out the Bengals even after a Super Bowl run year at that!

Something must have happened to him.

RE: Collins' visit is over - Nicomo Cosca - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 04:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Other owners don't use their revenue from other businesses to fund their nfl team.

The Brown family works for the Bengals and draws an imcome.

Sure they do. Mega rich owners can eat contracts much easier than family run teams.

Deals done sounds like, Collins is a Bengal.

RE: Collins' visit is over - phil413 - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 05:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: What’s fascinating is almost the exact same thing is going on with Trent Brown and Seattle right now. He took an absurdly long visit, thought it was a done deal and then nothing. Only one really tackle has signed so far (Moses) and the deal was insanely low. It really does feel like the market is depressed and not sure if that is because a lot of money is held back for Armstead right now or a reset in value is occurring.

Good point about the market, means Cincy will end up with one of the handful of descent tackles.  Can you imagine if Moses backed out on the Ravens like Smith did?

RE: Collins' visit is over - PlayadLc - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 05:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Deals done sounds like, Collins is a Bengal.

Huh? Link?

(03-20-2022, 05:36 PM)phil413 Wrote: Good point about the market, means Cincy will end up with one of the handful of descent tackles.  Can you imagine if Moses backed out on the Ravens like Smith did?

We’ve gotten Collins after all that panic…almost like our FO is better negotiators than everyone here.

RE: Collins' visit is over - Chin Curtains - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 05:36 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Huh?  Link?

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1505643319048777729?s=20&t=1hbJP8oeRuf4wybcj6EJ9w

RE: Collins' visit is over - Nicomo Cosca - 03-20-2022

[Image: SecondhandCompassionateAntarcticgiantpetrel-max-1mb.gif]

RE: Collins' visit is over - ZeGerman - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 05:36 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Huh? Link?

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1505643482886643712?s=21

RE: Collins' visit is over - Arturo Bandini - 03-20-2022

Welcome to him and I guess we have our OLine now.

RE: Collins' visit is over - samhain - 03-20-2022

Really great offseason.

RE: Collins' visit is over - BobJones4980 - 03-20-2022

If the deal actually is done it's gonna be hilarious reading back on all the sky is falling posters that we're having a meltdown.

RE: Collins' visit is over - PlayadLc - 03-20-2022

Let’s go!!!!!!