Collins' visit is over
Here ya go bfine32.

And yes, time to move on

Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I doubt we sign him now. At this point I usually move on. But that damn Watson/Browns circus is still fresh in my head so I can't shake this false hope.
Reply/Quote
Another showing of Bengals FO undervaluing OL players. It was obviously about money. Bengals wouldn’t give him the deal he wanted. He’s a top 5, at worst 10, RT in the NFL. We have prince. Who is probably somewhere along 50-60th. We’ve resigned players, yes, but we’ve only added 2 players this off-season, while losing Ogenjobi. We’re barley improved over last years team.

FA period isn’t over, but why do we always settle for the dust to settle and grab what’s left? And no, this isn’t about a failed physical. Bengals wouldn’t be still in the mix if he failed a physical. They failed closing the deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I doubt we sign him now. At this point I usually move on. But that damn Watson/Browns circus is still fresh in my head so I can't shake this false hope.

I think that’s what’s pissing me off the most too. The browns make a HUGE move. It doesn’t get bigger than that. And we can’t even sing a RT when all logical signs point to the Bengals being the best fit.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I doubt we sign him now.  At this point I usually move on.   But that damn Watson/Browns circus is still fresh in my head so I can't shake this false hope.

After the Watson trade and Mayfield is gone they are gonna try to resign Landry and Clowney too.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I doubt we sign him now.  At this point I usually move on.   But that damn Watson/Browns circus is still fresh in my head so I can't shake this false hope.

Yeah, the Browns gave an insane offer to someone who currently has 22 women accusing him and a probable suspension hanging over his head. That was enough to change Watson's mind. I cannot imagine the Bengals will all of a sudden come up with a ridiculous offer.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I doubt we sign him now. At this point I usually move on. But that damn Watson/Browns circus is still fresh in my head so I can't shake this false hope.

I’d say odds are below 50% now for sure, seems like most times they leave we don’t get a deal… but didn’t we go through something similar 5-10 years ago with somebody that left and we all flipped out-then signed a few days later?

Asking anyone but replied to Fred because he seems to have an impeccable memory while mine gets worse every day.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:32 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I think that’s what’s pissing me off the most too. The browns make a HUGE move. It doesn’t get bigger than that. And we can’t even sing a RT when all logical signs point to the Bengals being the best fit.

This is what upsets me the most as well. Obviously you don't want to give a ridiculous contract to the guy. But this is an obvious need and you just have to get it done. I mean we could've traded for him I almost thought we probably reached out to his agent before the release and would've had an understanding what he was looking for if released. I also wonder if we let a guy like Moses sign for cheap with the Ravens because we were focused on Collins. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:32 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I think that’s what’s pissing me off the most too. The browns make a HUGE move. It doesn’t get bigger than that. And we can’t even sing a RT when all logical signs point to the Bengals being the best fit.

Takes two. We don’t know Collins expectations or demands. Bengals have improved their oline with Cappa and Karras and still with cash and players to sign. This is a murky situation at best. Wearing out a welcome in Dallas is tough to do.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:21 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Here ya go bfine32.

And yes, time to move on

I felt certain that when Collins came to Cincinnati, there was a basic understanding of what it would take to sign him. The team brought in players and coaches to meet with him and took a lot of time in front office meetings. It seems likely that some other team came with another offer and Collins changed his mind. If so, I'm more ticked off at him and his agent than I am at the Bengals front office. 

I'm reminded of my dad when he brought in someone to timber his land. The person offered $40,000 for the timber. My dad had another person come in for a quote, but that person said "tell me what the first person offered and will beat that." My dad told him to get lost, that it would not be fair to the first person.  I feel the same way if Collins agent told Miami or some other team here is what the Bengals are offering, beat that and we will walk out on our arrangement with the Bengals. I feel like telling them to get lost. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:46 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This is what upsets me the most as well. Obviously you don't want to give a ridiculous contract to the guy. But this is an obvious need and you just have to get it done. I mean we could've traded for him I almost thought we probably reached out to his agent before the release and would've had an understanding what he was looking for if released. I also wonder if we let a guy like Moses sign for cheap with the Ravens because we were focused on Collins. 

I’m not convinced the trade was ever a really legitimate option. Perhaps it was. But seems based on some factors it didn’t make sense for either side.

As to whether they can’t get a deal done, 1) it’s an upgrade and I’d be plenty happy but I’m not hung up on he had to be the one and 2) we have no idea what the money was and how it might’ve sunk the team. Having a salary cap means a different approach to the game.

This roster is still improved over last year at this point and FA isn’t over and the draft hasn’t happened. I’m losing exactly zero sleep tonight.
Reply/Quote
I share the sentiment of disappointment w you guys. I’ll hope to be pleasantly surprised by good news, but I’m tired of exhausting hope into it like I have the last few days.
Reply/Quote
Remember last year when there was aThree ring circus over a WR the Bengals were trying to sign?I think his name was Golodaya,or something like that,(not sure about spelling).Anyways,long story short,it fell through.But,look how it all worked out for the better.Maybe we’ll get Tretter,or something might work out to be even better.I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed this much hype,and confusion over a potential prospect.Oh well,it was fun and entertaining anyway,for whatever that’s worth.Time to move on.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:32 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I think that’s what’s pissing me off the most too. The browns make a HUGE move. It doesn’t get bigger than that. And we can’t even sing a RT when all logical signs point to the Bengals being the best fit.

The Browns crippled themselves with one big trade, but they have not given a single free agent a deal worth more than $4 million per year.

Meanwhile they lost their starting TE (Austin Hooper), and they still have big holes to fill from free agent starters at WR (Jarvis Landry), C (Tretter), DE (Clowney), and DT (Malik Jackson). 

Their offseason has been a complete shitshow yet everyone is dazzled by one big move.  It is crazy to be jealous of what they have done.
Reply/Quote
Same Old Bengals alas...

Sorry but this is what happens EVERY SINGLE TIME they try for a REAL Tier 1 Free Agent addition (not an up and comer or a past their primer). They have the visit, we get excited then the player leaves and signs elsewhere and it comes out the hangup was the Bengals (usually over something stupid). If they are not willing to do whatever it takes to land a real Tier 1 player then stop trying and just stick to up and comers and over the hills where they do a bit better.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Browns crippled themselves with one big trade, but they have not given a single free agent a deal worth more than $4 million per year.

Meanwhile they lost their starting TE (Austin Hooper), and they still have big holes to fill from free agent starters at WR (Jarvis Landry), C (Tretter), DE (Clowney), and DT (Malik Jackson). 

Their offseason has been a complete shitshow yet everyone is dazzled by one big move.  It is crazy to be jealous of what they have done.

Yeah, I'd be nervous if I were a Browns fan.  That's a huge amount of risk for that kind of dough.  Plenty of bad PR, too.

I'll say this:  the Steelers wanted nothing to do with Watson from the get-go.  They viewed him as potentially toxic.  Then you have the Browns mortgaging the franchise and jettisoning key players to acquire him at a huge cost in both picks and money.  I hate both teams, but I trust the Steelers organization a hell of a lot more than the Browns when it comes to making good decisions.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: Same Old Bengals alas...

Sorry but this is what happens EVERY SINGLE TIME they try for a REAL Tier 1 Free Agent addition (not an up and comer or a past their primer). They have the visit, we get excited then the player leaves and signs elsewhere and it comes out the hangup was the Bengals (usually over something stupid). If they are not willing to do whatever it takes to land a real Tier 1 player then stop trying and just stick to up and comers and over the hills where they do a bit better.

What do you consider Trey Hendrickson?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote