Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collins' visit is over
(03-19-2022, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do you consider Trey Hendrickson?

Or DJ Reader
Reply/Quote

And Reader?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is this the infamous Denny people talk about from the old board? Why do we care about his opinion like he’s somebody? LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is this the infamous Denny people talk about from the old board? Why do we care about his opinion like he’s somebody? LOL

That’s not the old die hard always happy Denny attitude I remember
Reply/Quote

With only one year of high end production I would have probably had him as a tier 2 player when we signed him. If he hit the market now he’d be tier 1 for sure.

I think Reader was tier 1. He was one of the very best at his position when we landed him.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Or DJ Reader

(03-19-2022, 10:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And Reader?

Exactly.... and even though Waynes hasn't worked out he was the prize CB in his FA class. 

Folks just get mad and lose rational thought. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Yes, we know, bengals spend big money

Just not on o-line
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:25 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: That’s not the old die hard always happy Denny attitude I remember

I guess a Super Bowl run can really get people down!

Reply/Quote
Trey was an up and comer when we signed him. He was not established Tier 1 like I stated. Of course he REALLY worked out well.

Reader is similar in not being established Tier 1 when the Bengals got him. He got there after being here (last season actually).
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: With only one year of high end production I would have probably had him as a tier 2 player when we signed him. If he hit the market now he’d be tier 1 for sure.

I think Reader was tier 1. He was one of the very best at his position when we landed him.

They basically gave him a prove it deal that they could get out of after 1 year if he flopped. He has produced like a Tier 1 guy though.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yes, we know, bengals spend big money

Just not on o-line

How’d they ever sign Whit or Willie to 2nd contracts then?

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: Trey was an up and comer when we signed him. He was not established Tier 1 like I stated. Of course he REALLY worked out well.

Reader is similar in not being established Tier 1 when the Bengals got him. He got there after being here (last season actually).

I think reader was considered among the best at his position. Just not an in demand position.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dude. Pistons. I like you, man. But c’mon. Don’t quite Denny right now

That said, kinda amazing the number one homer had something negative to say!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think reader was considered among the best at his position. Just not an in demand position.

Correct, he was the best NT of the class by far
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: Trey was an up and comer when we signed him. He was not established Tier 1 like I stated. Of course he REALLY worked out well.

Uh…what? Reader was a 4 year starter on a dominant Houston defense.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How’d they ever sign Whit or Willie to 2nd contracts then?

Homegrown guys willing to stay here

Name a free agent coming from another team who they’ve given big money to on the o-line

and no, Kappa doesn’t count. He’s a middle of the road guy
Reply/Quote
After what the Bengals have done in free agency the last couple of years the people still crying about them always being cheap are just looking for something to cry about.

And I find it funny when people talk about the Bengals being so cheap that they let guys like Steinbach and Zeitler walk, but they never mention that Steinbach and Zeitler got overpaid.

Sometimes I feel like Dan Snyder has about 5 or 6 identities here when we are discussing free agency.  "Just spend the money.  Doesn't matter how much.  That is how you win!!!"
Reply/Quote

Trey Hendrickson was coming off a 13.5 sack season when we signed him and he was one of the more sought after FAs of his class. DJ Reeder was the top DT in his FA class. Trae Waynes was the top Cb in his FA class.

I get you don't want to  be wrong, but you are. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is this the infamous Denny people talk about from the old board? Why do we care about his opinion like he’s somebody? LOL

It's not that we should care, but Denny is a homer's homer. I can't believe he would ever say anything negative about the organization. He was such a lackey and kiss up, no matter how bad things were before, he would defend  the team and front office to the end. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:31 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Another showing of Bengals FO undervaluing OL players. It was obviously about money. Bengals wouldn’t give him the deal he wanted. He’s a top 5, at worst 10, RT in the NFL. We have prince. Who is probably somewhere along 50-60th. We’ve resigned players, yes, but we’ve only added 2 players this off-season, while losing Ogenjobi. We’re barley improved over last years team.

FA period isn’t over, but why do we always settle for the dust to settle and grab what’s left? And no, this isn’t about a failed physical. Bengals wouldn’t be still in the mix if he failed a physical. They failed closing the deal.

OMG... Relax! Stop overreacting to something you don't know.. 
Reply/Quote