Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collins' visit is over
Tampa Bay supposedly interested in Collins.

Some teams want him as a Guard.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bro, this all started because you said the Bengals took on his 5yr/$60m contract, which is objectively not true. They took his 3yr/$30m contract that had all of $1.5m fully guaranteed left in it. (Also that Waynes was the "prize of his FA class" which was also objectively not true.)

Don't go full Fred.

They took on Cordy's contract; you can't change that as much as you want to. 

So I'll standby asserting trading for Glenn is proof that the Bengals will pay for oline and that Waynes at CB was a "tier 1" signing. Apparently you don't. Unsure what Fred has to do with it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They took on Cordy's contract; you can't change that as much as you want to. 

Did they take on $60m or did you toss out that number to try to Fred your point?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did they take on $60m or did you toss out that number to try to Fred your point?

So you want to argue the semantics rather that the point "aka Fredding it"? As I said; we'll leave it here:

I think taking on Cordy Glenn's contract is an example of the team willing to spend on Oline.

I think signing Trae Waynes was an example of signing a Tier 1 FA.

Apparently you don't. 

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you want to argue the semantics rather that the point "aka Fredding it"? As I said; we'll leave it here:

I think taking on Cordy Glenn's contract is an example of the team willing to spend on Oline.

I think signing Trae Waynes was an example of signing a Tier 1 FA.

Apparently you don't. 

If $30m vs $60m is "semantics" then sure, yes I would like to dispute that.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Tampa Bay supposedly interested in Collins.

Some teams want him as a Guard.

Another damn Florida team…

And this one has a pretty clear path to the Super Bowl. Can’t imagine a top RT would be too crazy about kicking inside though.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:26 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If $30m vs $60m is "semantics" then sure, yes I would like to dispute that.

As i said: Feel free. I just thought Cordy was under a 5 year $60 Mil contract when we traded for him. 

Also stick with it's not an example of the Bengals willing to spend on oline and Trae Waynes was not a "tier 1" signing.

I just feel they are fine examples; you don't. Who knows who's right. Folks can decide for themselves i suppose. 

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's what the Bills paid. The Bengals got the cheaper bit because they didn't have to account for the signing bonus that the Bills had to pay.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22736647/cincinnati-bengals-trade-buffalo-bills-left-tackle-cordy-glenn

$9.25m base + $2m roster bonus = $11.25m
$7.25m base + $2m roster bonus = $9.25m
$7.50m base + $2m roster bonus = $9.50m (They cut him and didn't pay this.)

So they ended up paying Glenn 2yr/$20.5m

My bad, I thought you were talking about Waynes.
Reply/Quote
Well shit that was a waste of time.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Another damn Florida team…

And this one has a pretty clear path to the Super Bowl. Can’t imagine a top RT would be too crazy about kicking inside though.

The tax situation must be enticing
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 02:04 AM)TKUHL Wrote: The tax situation must be enticing

Also Tampa Bay in December averages 73 as the high and 54 as the low. That's about 30 degrees warmer than Cincinnati who doesn't have a bubble and he spent the vast majority of his life in Louisiana.

Reply/Quote
For some reason this gives me the same vibe as when Sapp was a FA.

Team has a lot of interest in player, Player has Obvious interest in playing for Cincinnati. Obvious the player would improve one of the weakest spots on the team. Fans expect him to sign, media expects him to sign. Then we hear nothing for the days he is in Cincinnati. Goes to visit another team and is signed in a couple hours.

I hope I'm wrong, and just over thinking it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 02:56 AM)Danger Zone Wrote: For some reason this gives me the same vibe as when Sapp was a FA.

Team has a lot of interest in player, Player has Obvious interest in playing for Cincinnati.  Obvious the player would improve one of the weakest spots on the team. Fans expect him to sign, media expects him to sign. Then we hear nothing for the days he is in Cincinnati. Goes to visit another team and is signed in a couple hours.

I hope I'm wrong, and just over thinking it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

We had him for almost 2 days straight and couldn't get him to sign......time to move on before everyone else is gone.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown awakens from his Lazy-boy recliner (crypt) and says, "You're going to sign who for how much money?

I don't think so."
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:32 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I think that’s what’s pissing me off the most too. The browns make a HUGE move. It doesn’t get bigger than that. And we can’t even sing a RT when all logical signs point to the Bengals being the best fit.

Takes two. We don’t know Collins expectations or demands. Bengals have improved their oline with Cappa and Karras and still with cash and players to sign. This is a murky situation at best. Wearing out a welcome in Dallas is tough to do.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 11:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. They stick with most guys all the way through their contracts anyway.

So I'm not sure why they won't just do business the way everyone else does.

It does stop us from signing a guy every now and then. They've changed for the better in so many ways, but not this one.

It’s because of cash. When you guarantee a contact, you put all that guaranteed money, on singing day, in an account. So mike brown has to physically have the cash on hand. It’s like buying real estate and needing to put like 50-70% down. And doing that 50+times every year. MB probably doesn’t have that much liquidable cash to put down.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:27 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: Takes two. We don’t know Collins expectations or demands. Bengals have improved their oline with Cappa and Karras and still with cash and players to sign. This is a murky situation at best. Wearing out a welcome in Dallas is tough to do.

the Bengals had him here Thur night- Saturday. By all accounts, the Bengals are still very much interested. He didn’t sign. Why? It’s one very easy answer. Money. We didn’t offer him enough. Enough in Collins eyes. He’s going on elsewhere, and most likely, will get the deal he’s looking for.

This isn’t a case of the Bengals unsure about his hip, or character. They’re still interested and “in the mix”. If we offered X, and he wants Y, give him Y so we can get a top 5 talent at a position we badly need to protect JB. For 2 years we complain how bad the line is and Joe’s gonna ruin his career with injuries, and all of a sudden we’re happy with 2 lineman FA singings. We still have 2 giant holes which will produce pressure all year. And it’s not like Jonah Williams is a pro bowler. He’s good but not great.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk why people keep saying this. He didn’t arrive in town until late Friday night. That’s why he wasn’t at The Precinct with Burrow and two new OL players.

He got in late Thursday night and missed dinner at the precinct. He was 100% here some portion of Thursday, All day Friday and some portion of Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk why people keep saying this. He didn’t arrive in town until late Friday night. That’s why he wasn’t at The Precinct with Burrow and two new OL players.

He got to cincy Thursday night, and spent all day Friday with everyone. He didn’t go to dinner but arrived in cincy late Thursday night.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:53 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: He got in late Thursday night and missed dinner at the precinct. He was 100% here some portion of Thursday, All day Friday and some portion of Saturday.

(03-20-2022, 08:53 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He got to cincy Thursday night, and spent all day Friday with everyone. He didn’t go to dinner but arrived in cincy late Thursday night.

My mistake. I thought the dinner was Friday night.

Reply/Quote