Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collins' visit is over
It is what is is... like others have mentioned, we should move on the next guy up

Reply/Quote
Collins, no Collins...at this point it really doesn't matter. What matters is that this team currently constructed isn't good enough. They need to continue to fill holes with above average players. However they do that is my guess, but they need to get it done....because the rest of the AFC isn't playing.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Everyone is assuming they couldn't get him to sign. Nobody has any idea what actually happened yet, you just jump on the organization and call in inept. Just maybe there is a reason they didn't want to break the bank with gauranteed money.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 11:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Bengals are not cheap as far as what they're willing to spend.

The problem is the guaranteed money. We get around it more often than not, but in some cases, some guys just won't sign on the dotted line because we offer less guaranteed than most teams.

I'm not saying that's the case here. Heck, he hasn't signed elsewhere yet.

Ding ding ding. 

Bengals miss out on guys because of the contract STRUCTURE. They will continue to miss out until they change their way of structuring guaranteed money. 

More and more players are going to want more and more guaranteed money....especially after seeing what Watson got. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:52 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Collins, no Collins...at this point it really doesn't matter. What matters is that this team currently constructed isn't good enough. They need to continue to fill holes with above average players. However they do that is my guess, but they need to get it done....because the rest of the AFC isn't playing.

I am curious, what did you say last year on day 4 of FA about our team? How about after training camp? Every year is a roller coaster, 3 dyas ago the Browns were toast, may still be if Watson gets suspended and they can't replace players lost in FA with draft picks or FA.

The Chiefs in 2021 were the ceiling, we beat them with our crappy OL not once but twice.

Yes, we still have the draft to improve the roster. We still have coaches to improve players who are young but have some playimg experience and have not peaked in my opinion. Yes, we still have months of FA to improve.

As for Collins, as I have stated, it over yet and if it is, the Bengals will find a RT, it may be Reiff who was fine until he got hurt. Long way tio go so the whining of some is very premature.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Ding ding ding. 

Bengals miss out on guys because of the contract STRUCTURE. They will continue to miss out until they change their way of structuring guaranteed money. 

More and more players are going to want more and more guaranteed money....especially after seeing what Watson got. 

Yep, and no way would I cave into that if I'm the Bengals.  I want the RT bad too but that is just bad business for an offensive lineman that has a injury history already, I believe even a hip injury at that.  Way too much money is needed down the road for others to do stupid things now.

Cleveland management is a bunch of fools for that Watson contract.
Reply/Quote
Willie Anderson tagged Malik Wright on Twitter saying the sticking point was not money, it was contract structure. I don't have twitter, I read it scrolling through Reddit. That was this morning. I just read through 3-4 pages on this thread with the same negative posters bringing up the same tired old false narrative that the Bengals are cheap. Wrong again oh negative ones.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:13 AM)Beaker Wrote: Willie Anderson tagged Malik Wright on Twitter saying the sticking point was not money, it was contract structure. I don't have twitter, I read it scrolling through Reddit. That was this morning. I just read through 3-4 pages on this thread with the same negative posters bringing up the same tired old false narrative that the Bengals are cheap. Wrong again oh negative ones.

well said Beak
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:52 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: because the rest of the AFC isn't playing.

Bengals are doing better in free agency than every other AFC team that I have checked on.  People who think all these other teams are doing better just look at one big signing and ignore all the other players being lost or replaced.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:13 AM)Beaker Wrote: Willie Anderson tagged Malik Wright on Twitter saying the sticking point was not money, it was contract structure. I don't have twitter, I read it scrolling through Reddit. That was this morning. I just read through 3-4 pages on this thread with the same negative posters bringing up the same tired old false narrative that the Bengals are cheap. Wrong again oh negative ones.

Then you saw where Willie anderson was mocking the people calling the Bengals cheap, right?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They will continue to miss out until they change their way of structuring guaranteed money. 

No they won't.  They have signed a long list of free agents they wanted.  IN fact they built a Super Bowl roster with free agent signings.

Reader
Hedrickson
Bell
Reiff
Awuzie
Hilton
Reply/Quote

I am amazed at some of the groups reactions, like we have been doing nothing in FA over the past 2 to 3 years and we never sign players to big contracts ( i believe we ranked very high in extending our own players, good or bad take i guess).. Think if we were this active during Palmer years or Dalton years.  

Sometimes also it is not how active you are is how well you do with your choices and structure of $$ so it does not hurt you badly done the road
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:59 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am amazed at some of the groups reactions, like we have been doing nothing in FA over the past 2 to 3 years and we never sign players to big contracts ( i believe we ranked very high in extending our own players, good or bad take i guess).. Think if we were this active during Palmer years or Dalton years.  

Sometimes also it is not how active you are is how well you do with your choices and structure of $$ so it does not hurt you badly done the road

Exactly. The responses here are typical of the "I want what I want and I want it now" part of society.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:21 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Here ya go bfine32.

And yes, time to move on

Hey Jeremy!  Long time no chat!!!  Hope you will be around for the million mock draft discussions.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is this the infamous Denny people talk about from the old board? Why do we care about his opinion like he’s somebody? LOL

This guy is more optimistic than I am, so I think when someone sees him take a shot at the front office, it is a mild surprise.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:59 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sometimes also it is not how active you are is how well you do with your choices and structure of $$ so it does not hurt you badly done the road

A lot of fans here would love Dan Snyder.

He won free agency every year.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This guy is more optimistic than I am, so I think when someone sees him take a shot at the front office, it is a mild surprise.

I suspect when they shut the old board down, he lost his access and is harboring a bad case of Butthurt.
Reply/Quote
If you really wanted a Mercedes and went to see one but it was too expensive especially since you know it had mechanical issues in the past but you figured you would negotiate with the dealer however you could never get the price to a point in which you were comfortable do you buy it anyway just to impress your neighbors?

I trust the front office.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:10 AM)M.W. Wrote: If you really wanted a Mercedes and went to see one but it was too expensive especially since you know it had mechanical issues in the past but you figured you would negotiate with the dealer however you could never get the price to a point in which you were comfortable do you buy it anyway just to impress your neighbors?

I trust the front office.

Nice analogy

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 11:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It is obvious La’el Collins has a very shrewd agent who is looking after his player.  A tackle at Collins’ level can afford to be selective and let’s be honest here; Cincinnati hasn’t exactly been a franchise which attracts Tier 1 free agents.  This is normal for a player like Collins and his agent.  They will look at every option and I think the Bengals made a very attractive case.

The agent (not sure his name) is the same agent as Mixon, and remember there was a lot of jostling back and forth before his deal got signed...then Joe was all smiles.

Supposedly, the Bengals have a very good relationship with this agent and he doesn't combat their "structure preference" on the deals.  The big sticking point here (I would guess) is the language that forfeits his salary if he is suspended, a la what sent Randy Gregory to the Broncos over Dallas.

Someone made an interesting point earlier that everyone seemingly ignored (sorry, OP, I forget who said it) but it isn't easy to fall out of favor in Dallas, especially if you are a talented player.  Somehow, they wanted out from a very cap and cost friendly deal to a near pro-bowl talent.  

I don't blame the Bengals for taking precautions.  If that is why the deal doesn't get done, I won't kill them for it.  
Reply/Quote