Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. (/Thread-This-is-the-Worst-Free-Agency-I-ve-Ever-Seen-since-Burrow-was-Drafted)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 08:35 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I mocked this with it being like 14 minutes into the tampering period but maybe OP was right LOL

No. It was dumb when it was posted and still is now. 

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - RunKijanaRun - 03-15-2023

Some around here were mentioning Jamaal Williams.

Off the board to NO.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NotBigzo - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 08:42 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Some around here were mentioning Jamaal Williams.

Off the board to NO.

Don't worry guys.

I'm sure the Bengals have a plan.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Au165 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 08:42 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Some around here were mentioning Jamaal Williams.

Off the board to NO.

He got more guaranteed money than Pratt and almost as much as Mixon did when he signed, but Williams is 28. It’s a strange deal but they also may lose Kamara for an extended period of time so makes sense.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - TecmoBengals - 03-15-2023

I remain patient but would love a behind the scenes look to see what Duke is up to.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - J24 - 03-15-2023

It reminds me of 2017 when they lost Whit and Zeitler. We were in a good spot from a roster point until we lost both of those guys and then everything went to shit.

I think the loss of both Bates and Bell will have long effects on the relationship between the front office and coaching staff. All Zac and Lou have done is talk about how great those guys have been. Yet Duke and Katie couldn't manage to get either under contract. They had to sign one of those guys and absolutely failed.

I believe Hill will be a good to great player in this league but his transition would have been much easier with Bates or Bell around.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - samhain - 03-15-2023

Goodberry is saying that they've been or are still in on several guys at several positions. Something should happen soon. Gardner Johnson is highly unlikely, but a safety almost certainly will be signed.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - samhain - 03-15-2023

Waiting sucks, and I get the impatience. I'm on my phone too damn much checking on this shit.

Even so, this might not be the disaster that it feels like at present.

Hurst and Perine are negligible losses IMO. They are limited snap role players. Hurst did what he came here to do. He played with a top 2 qb, had a nice year, and got a deal elsewhere. The same happened to CJ, only he was in house. Burrow and the offense are 2 for 2 in elevating TEs, so I have no reason to doubt that they can do it again with a similar talent.

Perine was a good solider and fun to watch. Still, dudes like that are a dime a dozen. He can be replaced.

Bates was gone the day out season ended. We all knew it.

The only one that stings for me is Bell. I'd have bet anything he'd have stayed.

The team still has chances to I prove in FA, and there's a ton of roster and staff continuity.

Who knows? They're becoming one of the few teams left with a lot of money. They might even surprise us.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - THE PISTONS - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 09:07 PM)J24 Wrote: It reminds me of 2017 when they lost Whit and Zeitler. We were in a good spot from a roster point until we lost both of those guys and then everything went to shit.

I think the loss of both Bates and Bell will have long effects on the relationship between the front office and coaching staff. All Zac and Lou have done is talk about how great those guys have been. Yet Duke and Katie couldn't manage to get either under contract. They had to sign one of those guys and absolutely failed.

I believe Hill will be a good to great player in this league but his transition would have been much easier with Bates or Bell around.

Bengals sign free agents. Zac and Lou get praise.

Bengals lose free agents. Management get blamed.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Sled21 - 03-15-2023

Duke Tobin came out several weeks ago and flat out said they will not be very active in the opening days of FA. He also said they will be spending to the limit. Opening days are when desperate teams overpay. And yet here are the same people whigging out that always whig out. A Super Bowl and 2 straight AFCCGs and still people act like they know better. Cry

Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023

Yes it's been kinda disappointing. Perine, Bell and Hurst gone and all we've done is resign some players. No extensions announced or even hinted at for Burrow, Higgins or any of the big three - and I think this may be why it is disappointing. We tell ourselves we know why they need to hold the money but not seeing them actually do it raises that seed of Bengal fan doubt that somehow they have messed it up.

We'll have to wait and see if they plug the new holes and/or announce big contracts and until then it is going to be irritating.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - J24 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 09:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bengals sign free agents. Zac and Lou get praise.

Bengals lose free agents. Management get blamed.

Lol I give credit to Duke when it's due! Also I have stated many times that coaches are overvalued in professional sports by fans and GMs are more important.

Also Duke and Katie are responsible for negotiating on contracts.

(03-15-2023, 09:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Duke Tobin came out several weeks ago and flat out said they will not be very active in the opening days of FA. He also said they will be spending to the limit. Opening days are when desperate teams overpay. And yet here are the same people whigging out that always whig out. A Super Bowl and 2 straight AFCCGs and still people act like they know better. Cry
He also said we would keep our own and that hasn't happened so far!

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Brownshoe - 03-15-2023

Not too worried about FA right now. I doubt that Burrow, Higgens, or Chase will get their contract right away. I would expect around training camp. The Bengals are def the type of team that likes to wait to sign FA. Let the market cool down a bit. I think both Cappa and Karras was signed on day 3 last year, and Awuzie on day 4. Collins was almost a week after FA started. People need to calm down and see what happens.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Nepa - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 10:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Not too worried about FA right now. I doubt that Burrow, Higgens, or Chase will get their contract right away. I would expect around training camp. The Bengals are def the type of team that likes to wait to sign FA. Let the market cool down a bit. I think both Cappa and Karras was signed on day 3 last year, and Awuzie on day 4. Collins was almost a week after FA started. People need to calm down and see what happens.

The agreement with Cappa was like 1 minute after the tampering period opened up. It was announced by Adam Schefter at 12:01 on Monday, March 14. (Official signings could only happen on March 16. The tampering period began at noon on March 14). He was the first guard announced.

Karras was also the first day of the tampering period. Announced by Ian Rapoport around 1:30pm that day (Monday, March 14).

That was one very exciting day for Bengaldom. (Although then we sweated out their actually signing, especially after Tom Brady un-retired and tried to woo Cappa back.)

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-15-2023

1. Stop panicking.

2. Trust Lou.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Nepa - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 10:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 1. Stop panicking.

2. Trust Lou.

Trust that Lou will solve the loss of the two starting safeties or trust Lou when he says that if the Bengals lose both starting safeties it will be a "dark day"?

“It would be huge,” Anarumo said two weeks ago. “You’d lose leadership too. You know, Vonn and Jessie, they do a lot of things that people don’t see. They organize meetings on their own. So, yeah, I’d rather not think about that dark day.”

Actually, I'm not panicking. And I trust Lou. But I do think we need to realistically see the obstacles that we have to face with the loss of both Bates and Bell. When they solve this, it will be that much sweeter. But it's not like it's no big deal, either.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NATI BENGALS - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 08:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I remain patient but would love a behind the scenes look to see what Duke is up to.

I thought I saw him in one of the pics peeking out from the cabin of the yacht Tee and Chase were on ?

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NUGDUKWE - 03-15-2023

First I didn't even want a RB really and I didn't want Williams. I'm also sure Goodberry doesn't have all the answers. But this whole guarantee thing with the Bengals needs to stop. Even if you don't think they're thinking is dumb ( which I think it is pretty dumb ). When dang near every other team in the league is fine with guarantees but your still digging your feet into the ground it's very stupid. I mean I don't want to panic and have confidence in the front office. But we for real seem to be having the worst free agency thus far with some of the most cap space.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NUGDUKWE - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 09:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Duke Tobin came out several weeks ago and flat out said they will not be very active in the opening days of FA. He also said they will be spending to the limit. Opening days are when desperate teams overpay. And yet here are the same people whigging out that always whig out. A Super Bowl and 2 straight AFCCGs and still people act like they know better. Cry

We always spend to the limit. I just think our limit isn't the same limit the rest of the league is working with.