Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
Seriously.

How do we lose TWO starting safeties in day one, especially knowing that we're out of the market for one of them?

"We want to go younger" is just a euphemism for "we want to be cheap skates". Vonn Bell and Bates is what got us to the SB two years ago, LITERALLY. Look at that overtime interception.

If the Bengals decide to pay for one of the remaining good ones, it's STILL a downgrade. But I get a feeling that they're just fine with Tycen Anderson, which will be a disaster against the Bills and the Cheifs.

The Bengals can't afford to have its episodes of buttcheek offense anymore. The Defense won't be top 10 next season.

This feels a like more like a decline. The Bills and Cheifs addressed core issues day one. Bengals objectively are worse off.
Reply/Quote
Offense is going to have to carry the load and they should be able to (they haven't in the postseason).

They at least need to carry the load until whoever is back there get's up to speed.

Bengals should have worried about 2025 in 2025 at least. But this win now mode is new to them.

They aren't going to be able to re-sign Tee with that agent so all these sacrifices under the umbrella of trying will be all for nothing which is what really sucks about this 2 year in advance budget.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Relax. It's literally been 24 hours. They went into free agency with 5 starters not accounted for 6 if you add right tackle. They added one those by keeping Pratt. If they sign Thornhill or CJGJ I don't see a huge drop off in safety play. It will be okay.
Reply/Quote
Jesus. This escalated quickly
Reply/Quote
After 2017-2019 I can understand why they are shying away from giving 3rd contracts to aging players.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:48 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Seriously.

How do we lose TWO starting safeties in day one, especially knowing that we're out of the market for one of them?

"We want to go younger" is just a euphemism for "we want to be cheap skates". Vonn Bell and Bates is what got us to the SB two years ago, LITERALLY. Look at that overtime interception.

If the Bengals decide to pay for one of the remaining good ones, it's STILL a downgrade. But I get a feeling that they're just fine with Tycen Anderson, which will be a disaster against the Bills and the Cheifs.

The Bengals can't afford to have its episodes of buttcheek offense anymore. The Defense won't be top 10 next season.

This feels a like more like a decline. The Bills and Cheifs addressed core issues day one. Bengals objectively are worse off.

It warms your heart to be able to come on here and complain about something, doesn't it?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:53 AM)brian5562 Wrote: Relax. It's literally been 24 hours. They went into free agency with 5 starters not accounted for 6 if you add right tackle. They added one those by keeping Pratt. If they sign Thornhill or CJGJ I don't see a huge drop off in safety play. It will be okay.

A two-down linebacker who became Isiah Pacecho's cellmate in the AFC Champ game isn't really assuring.
Reply/Quote

It's been a day...
Reply/Quote

I'll be more worried if Bengals also lose the likes of Hurst, Apple, and Perine and don't add 1-2 OL in FA to at least improve the depth.
That will put too much dependency on the draft, which traditionally is not a safe bet for the Bengals.
Their best contributors last year were CTB and Volson, neither of which played exceptional but just ok.
If the Bengals want to start getting more out of their draft classes, they gotta find guys who can come in immediately and contribute significant snaps at a solid-or-better level.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: Offense is going to have to carry the load and they should be able to (they haven't in the postseason).

They at least need to carry the load until whoever is back there get's up to speed.

Bengals should have worried about 2025 in 2025 at least. But this win now mode is new to them.

They aren't going to be able to re-sign Tee with that agent so all these sacrifices under the umbrella of trying will be all for nothing which is what really sucks about this 2 year in advance budget.

That's what really kills me about this.

They're not getting Burrow, Chase, AND Higgins on the books. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Sooner or later, Burrow is going to have to elevate the talent he has. Jamar Chase was enough. Hell, I think Tee Higgins was enough before drafting chase.

We have a Joe Burrow but we're coddeling him like Andy Dalton in every position except the one that he can't elevate: The O Line.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:55 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Jesus. This escalated quickly

Prior to 2020, what's happening now is what pretty much always happened with the Bengals.
People were used to that.
Now that we've seen the past couple years in FA where guys like Reader, Awuzie, Cappa, Karras, and Hilton were added plus being right there in terms of true Super Bowl contenders, it's got many fans' expectations higher.
I'm not surprised some fans are let down (although the Bengals did say this was going to be their strategy).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Free agency isn't over and there are still unsigned and talented players.

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2023-who-are-the-best-players-available
Reply/Quote
People are funny. Do you guys remember what date we signed Bell on a few years back? It was a week into FA. Awuzie and Hilton were late on day 2 of the tampering period. Free agency isn't over in 24 hours, people need to relax.

This FA market is actually moving a little slower than normal. If you actually go look at who is still sitting out there it's a lot of quality vets who could make a huge impact on this team. We are going to add bets who want to make a run at a SB on a contender, those deals don't happen in the first day or two.
Reply/Quote
I love a good freakout. But even I think this is a bit premature.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 12:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Free agency isn't over and there are still unsigned and talented players.

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2023-who-are-the-best-players-available

really hasnt even started yet....

outside resigning your own or guys already on the market these are just agreements.. .And bengals wont announce any new ones till deals are signed tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 12:19 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I love a good freakout. But even I think this is a bit premature.

[Image: 4551-this.png]
I'm all for hot takes about the team. It's part of fandom and adds some spice when talking about the Bengals but the OP is a bit early since the FA tampering window has only been open less than 24 hours.
Reply/Quote

I’d hate to be your wife after gaining a pound.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
That's it. Game over, season lost. Might as well just start looking forward to the 2024 draft and hope the Bengals don't blow it. Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
oh lord lmao
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Maybe we pick thigs up this week and throw some money around, or maybe we really are gearing to lock $100 million per year into Burrow/Chase/Tee...either way, stuff is going to happen.
Reply/Quote