Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Higgins signs new deal? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Higgins signs new deal? (/Thread-Higgins-signs-new-deal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Synric - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Agreed.

Wouldn't be surprised if Burrow's has already been done behind the scenes and they're just waiting to announce it (not saying it is like this or  have a gut feeling: just that I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case).

With the draft 2 weeks away, we can play the waiting game until then, to occupy our time.

Yea I wouldnt be surprised if NFL teams have extensions done and stagger announcements. I would it spreads out merchandise sales and maintains steady traffic to your media sources during the off-season.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Housh - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea I wouldnt be surprised if NFL teams have extensions done and stagger announcements. I would it spreads out merchandise sales and maintains steady traffic to your media sources during the off-season.

It would help social media engagement numbers.

They know the Tee and Burrow announcements are going to break Bengaldom so they are probably deciding whether to announce both at the same time or separately. I’d probably announce Tee first then Burrow right before guys are set to start coming back. It’ll be a HUGE moral boost especially remembering Burrow started last offseason hurt

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - WeezyBengal - 04-12-2023

I also find it interesting that NONE of the Bengals beat guys have a sniff on this. Those guys are good writers but man, they are just not plugged in AT ALL.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Frank Booth - 04-12-2023

Tee Higgins wallpaper doesnt mean jack when it comes to a new contract. What a bunch of marks

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - SunsetBengal - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Tee Higgins wallpaper doesnt mean jack when it comes to a new contract. What a bunch of marks

That's right, Frank.  We just don't know how lucky we are to have you keeping us all grounded and in tune with reality.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - tms - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:33 PM)Housh Wrote: It would help social media engagement numbers.

They know the Tee and Burrow announcements are going to break Bengaldom so they are probably deciding whether to announce both at the same time or separately. I’d probably announce Tee first then Burrow right before guys are set to start coming back. It’ll be a HUGE moral boost especially remembering Burrow started last offseason hurt

Wouldn't be surprised if they waited till the summer for Burrow. Announce it on Hard Knocks ala Geno Atkins or something. Really make a splash and milk it for all it's worth. 

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - tms - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I also find it interesting that NONE of the Bengals beat guys have a sniff on this. Those guys are good writers but man, they are just not plugged in AT ALL.

I could be wrong but I think it says more about how they're not allowed to announce it than that they don't have a sniff. Sports media is a cutthroat business these days, everyone's crying poor, no one more so than the writers themselves. They'll do what the team asks of them (and when). They can't afford to get ahead of a story for fear of the repercussions. My 2c.  

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - WeezyBengal - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Tee Higgins wallpaper doesnt mean jack when it comes to a new contract. What a bunch of marks

What is a mark and should I be happy to be called one? 

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - jason - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 02:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What is a mark and should I be happy to be called one? 

Target of a con.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 10:16 AM)Nepa Wrote: Josh Allen was sacked one time for three yards. Joe Burrow was sacked one time for two yards.

Buffalo's front five was responsible for 17 pressures on Burrow and the Bengals front five was responsible for 12 pressures on Allen.

So, the Bengals were not all over Allen. I do think the miserable field conditions, with wet and slippery snow, made it harder for defensive players to maneuver quickly to get sacks.  

Not sure why everyone is defending the Bengals OL. They showed what they were under the good field conditions at Arrowhead. 

Not defending the Bengals OL, but Carman and Scharping sure played decent in that game. Also, sure looked like we got more 
pressures than the Bills did, surprising, plus Trey nearly had a sack fumble and Ossai also was getting a ton of pressure. Plus we 
were running the ball well. I think we ought to add another depth piece that is decent or two and let Adeniji and Smith go, but 
you cannot say there wasn't a bit to like about the OL in that game. They were terrible against the Chiefs though for damn sure.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - higgy100 - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 01:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's right, Frank.  We just don't know how lucky we are to have you keeping us all grounded and in tune with reality.

Except when he's ready to jump off the ledge umpteen times a game when something goes wrong.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Frank Booth - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 02:59 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Except when he's ready to jump off the ledge umpteen times a game when something goes wrong.

you have me confused with someone else. Try some tumeric to help with your brain

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Bengalholic - 04-12-2023

Lighten up brother. It's OK to have some fun once in awhile and not take everything so seriously. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - CJD - 04-12-2023

Now Bengals Twitter is posting about Joseph Ossai.

So maybe the Tee posts were just them making the rounds on players. Especially since Higgins did just change his number, so it's not like the messages were out of left field.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Luvnit2 - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 02:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What is a mark and should I be happy to be called one? 

A Wanker   Ninja

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - jj22 - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 03:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Now Bengals Twitter is posting about Joseph Ossai.

So maybe the Tee posts were just them making the rounds on players. Especially since Higgins did just change his number, so it's not like the messages were out of left field.

Ossai and Tee share agents! It's a sign!

In the mean time, let's see if 20 pages will force Tee to sign.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Bengalholic - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 03:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Now Bengals Twitter is posting about Joseph Ossai.

It's Ossai's birthday. With Tee...it could mean something. It could mean nothing. It could just mean the draft is still too far away and we need something to talk about. LOL

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 12:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe right before camp?

It will be interesting to see amount of years. Will it be 4 or 8? I was all for 8-10 years, until I read lately how QB's hate that.

Let's meet in the middle(ish) and say 7 years Wink odd numbers ftw.

(04-12-2023, 12:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea I wouldnt be surprised if NFL teams have extensions done and stagger announcements. I would it spreads out merchandise sales and maintains steady traffic to your media sources during the off-season.

Exactly what popped into my head earlier this week ThumbsUp

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Mike M (the other one) - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 04:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Let's meet in the middle(ish) and say 7 years Wink odd numbers ftw.

Exactly what popped into my head earlier this week ThumbsUp

Are you saying you have an inside source...  Confused

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Mike M (the other one) - 04-12-2023

Can't, they'd likely get in trouble with the players.

But we can say... NFL is against us again, don't want us to announce the details involving Joe until after Lamar signs