Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-Chat-News-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 07:53 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Alex Cappa left practice today with a strain apparently.

So by tomorrow you’ll be speculating if he still has a pulse?

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NotBigzo - 08-07-2023

(08-06-2023, 11:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So by tomorrow you’ll be speculating if he still has a pulse?

ir's just a bone bruise bro.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - pally - 08-07-2023

DT Devonnsha Maxwell to IR with a knee injury

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 11:45 AM)pally Wrote: DT Devonnsha Maxwell to IR with a knee injury

Well at least this should keep him from getting plucked off the PS. Was wanting to see what Maxwell would do here.

His college numbers were insane with his Sacks and Pressures. Mellow

Charlie Jones returning to practice today after his minor shoulder injury

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - BurrowTheGoat - 08-07-2023

Im thankful everyday the Falcons chose to pick Kyle Pitts over this man. HOF level talent without the ego. We got so lucky.

Jordan Battle also returned to practice
Alex Cappa did not participate

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Nicomo Cosca - 08-07-2023

DJ Turner with another pick today.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - jj22 - 08-07-2023

Cut down day for Corners is going to be a problem.

I can count 5 easily (big 3 plus draft picks). Then there is Sydney Jones making plays and an upgrade from Eli. Then there is Jalen Davis who has always shined when given the opportunity on Defense and is a Special Teams ace.

They also love Allan George.

They can only keep 6 since I wouldn't think they'll go light on Safety with not knowing what they have back there.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 08-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 05:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Cut down day for Corners is going to be a problem.

I can count 5 easily (big 3 plus draft picks). Then there is Sydney Jones making plays and an upgrade from Eli. Then there is Jalen Davis who has always shined when given the opportunity on Defense and is a Special Teams ace.

They can only keep 6 since I wouldn't think they'll go light on Safety with not knowing what they have back there.

Agreed. I think going lighter at OL (especially with Collins iffy) or RB (4th is inactive) and careying another CB (Ivey/Davis), DE (Gunter/Basham), or S (Anderson/Thomas) is where this is heading. 

To me, the guys below the cut line at CB, DE, S, and WR have a better chance to help the team than the last guy above it on the OL, or maybe even RB. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NUGDUKWE - 08-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 05:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: Cut down day for Corners is going to be a problem.

Sydney Jones an upgrade over Eli? Sounds like a ridiculous statement to me. Maybe we should wait until we actually see someone on the field before we get too hyped up. 

DE Tarell Basham who injured his hamstring the same day that Joe hurt is calf, is expected back to practice next week sometime

Trayveon Williams returned to practice

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 08-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 06:01 PM)pally Wrote: DE Tarell Basham who injured his hamstring the same day that Joe hurt is calf, is expected back to practice next week sometime

Trayveon Williams returned to practice

Good to get Jones back today & Trayveon & Basham on track for next week. 

finesse and leg

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - BurrowTheGoat - 08-07-2023

Im not sure where this whole notion that Eli Apple is bad came from.  I mean I get he was a bust as the 10th pick but he played fine for us.  

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - jj22 - 08-07-2023

He may be coming for the 4th spot.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Soonerpeace - 08-07-2023

5 things absolutely stand out vs ‘22.

1. Our depth is much better.
2. Our backup QB spot is better.
3. Our secondary is fast AF ( so says Kay Adams lol)
4. Our cornerback spot is much better
5. Our WR depth is much better.

I’d add the OL is much improved but that’s anticipation at this point.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - NUGDUKWE - 08-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 09:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 5 things absolutely stand out vs ‘22.

1. Our depth is much better.
2. Our backup QB spot is better.
3. Our secondary is fast AF ( so says Kay Adams lol)
4. Our cornerback spot is much better
5. Our WR depth is much better.

I’d add the OL is much improved but that’s anticipation at this point.

I'm still worried about the secondary and I suppose I will be until we see it on the field. Just not sure how we don't take a step backwards this year losing Bates, Bell and even Apple. 

I do think the OL is better and I'm pumped with the news of Jonah excelling on the right side. I wasn't really a big fan of Collins on the right the dude was always on the ground but he did give it hell.

(08-07-2023, 09:42 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm still worried about the secondary and I suppose I will be until we see it on the field. Just not sure how we don't take a step backwards this year losing Bates, Bell and even Apple. 

I do think the OL is better and I'm pumped with the news of Jonah excelling on the right side. I wasn't really a big fan of Collins on the right the dude was always on the ground but he did give it hell.

Notice I didn’t say better. I said faster lol. I think we are better at corner. Not as good at safety initially.

(08-07-2023, 09:42 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm still worried about the secondary and I suppose I will be until we see it on the field. Just not sure how we don't take a step backwards this year losing Bates, Bell and even Apple. 

If the OL is near top 10 look out this offense will be explosive