Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates
I see a little news from training camp in various threads here. Could we try to utilize this thread for updates and news? Obviously anything big (Hendrickson extension, burrow extension, etc) would warrant its own topic.

If this exist is and I missed it, feel free to merge/delete this. I’m just hoping they this can be a central location for updates on training camp.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good idea.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Basham limped off early today
Reply/Quote
So,
Day 1: Chrisman hospitalized (non-football)
Day 2: Hendrickson extension; Burrow & Basham carted off.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: So,  

Pretty ominous start to this thread. 

Please delete
Reply/Quote

-CB DJ Turner making some plays with the 2nd team
-Basham injury doesn't appear to be serious

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:30 PM)pally Wrote: -CB DJ Turner making some plays with the 2nd team
-Basham injury doesn't appear to be serious

-Strained calf is Burrow's supposed injury, so also good news.
Reply/Quote
Some other stuff I saw in non-injury related news...

Carman was with the 1's at RT today with Jonah practicing with the 2nd team. Looks like those two will split first team reps for now.

Chido put in a little work as a scout team RB for the D.

Turner has been impressive so far and also got some reps at PR.

Play of the day was Chase scorching CTB for a 60 yard TD. Wasn't even really close.
Reply/Quote

I like this.  Lead post should have a daily update if this ends up getting stickied.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 05:29 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Pretty ominous start to this thread. 

Please delete

Hey, man. Those were the facts. Don't blame the messenger. 

Good to see neither is serious. Whew! 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 04:36 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I see a little news from training camp in various threads here. Could we try to utilize this thread for updates and news? Obviously anything big (Hendrickson extension, burrow extension, etc) would warrant its own topic.

If this exist is and I missed it, feel free to merge/delete this. I’m just hoping they this can be a central location for updates on training camp.

(07-28-2023, 12:27 AM)Whatever Wrote: Some other stuff I saw in non-injury related news...

Carman was with the 1's at RT today with Jonah practicing with the 2nd team. Looks like those two will split first team reps for now.

Play of the day was Chase scorching CTB for a 60 yard TD. Wasn't even really close.

Carman with the 1s is interesting. Would be something if he wins out the battle and we have over 20m committed to two backup tackles. Let the best player play.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 08:18 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Carman with the 1s is interesting.  Would be something if he wins out the battle and we have over 20m committed to two backup tackles.  Let the best player play.

Carman with the 1s is very interesting. Hopefully his late success last year really lit a fire in him. I like the one thread idea and have been really looking forward to camp updates/pics/videos. The Burrow news really put a damper on things and while I'm certainly glad the news is good I think it's gonna be a training camp of speculation if he will be ready or not for week 1. Which sucks pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 09:49 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Carman with the 1s is very interesting. Hopefully his late success last year really lit a fire in him. I like the one thread idea and have been really looking forward to camp updates/pics/videos. The Burrow news really put a damper on things and while I'm certainly glad the news is good I think it's gonna be a training camp of speculation if he will be ready or not for week 1. Which sucks pretty bad.

Yeah, as far as fans are concerned, the Burrow news will put a shadow on everything that happens in training camp. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 12:27 AM)Whatever Wrote: Some other stuff I saw in non-injury related news...

Carman was with the 1's at RT today with Jonah practicing with the 2nd team.  Looks like those two will split first team reps for now.

Play of the day was Chase scorching CTB for a 60 yard TD.  Wasn't even really close.

Great stuff Whatever thanks. ThumbsUp

Carman with the 1's makes me giddy man. The best thing for this team is for him to become a dominant RT for the future and that 
way the OL is set for years to come and we can bring back Karras and Cappa when we need to as well. This is Jonah's last year as a 
Bengal regardless of how he plays, but he sure is great depth and it might keep him healthy for once.

(07-28-2023, 08:18 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Carman with the 1s is interesting.  Would be something if he wins out the battle and we have over 20m committed to two backup tackles.  Let the best player play.

Damn rights, well said, let the best player play is all any of us wants. If it is Jonah by the regular season at RT, I am fine with it.

But I am not betting against Jackson Carman this year after finally having success at LT in the Postseason and having the entire 
Offseason to work at RT. He just seems to play better on the outside and has came in in great shape and with a good work ethic 
this year. Carman can be a dominant run blocker in the NFL, something I cannot say about Jonah.

(07-28-2023, 09:49 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Carman with the 1s is very interesting. Hopefully his late success last year really lit a fire in him. I like the one thread idea and have been really looking forward to camp updates/pics/videos. The Burrow news really put a damper on things and while I'm certainly glad the news is good I think it's gonna be a training camp of speculation if he will be ready or not for week 1. Which sucks pretty bad.

Agree with all of this, but it could of been worse as we all know with Burrow so it doesn't suck that bad.
Reply/Quote
Day 3

-QBs will alternate first team reps day by day. Today was Browning's day with the first team. He had a strong showing with 3 TDs
-Iosivas had 2 good catches from Siemian
-multiple absences today. Per Zac several "banged" up. Heat and humidity combined with early camp. DNP included Higgins, Reader, Smith, Burrow. Williams
-DJ Turner had another strong day
-Cordell Volson came to camp bigger and stronger than last season
-Drue Chrisman was at the facility when he suffered a medical emergency on Wed. He has now been released and is undergoing further testing
-per Ja'Marr...Joe is using a crutch and scooter to get around the facility

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 07:29 PM)pally Wrote: Day 3

-QBs will alternate first team reps day by day.  Today was Browning's day with the first team.  He had a strong showing with 3 TDs
-Iosivas had 2 good catches from Siemian
-multiple absences today.  Per Zac several "banged" up.  Heat and humidity combined with early camp.  DNP included Higgins, Reader, Smith, Burrow. Williams
-DJ Turner had another strong day
-Cordell Volson came to camp bigger and stronger than last season
-Drue Chrisman was at the facility when he suffered a medical emergency on Wed.  He has now been released and is undergoing further testing
-per Ja'Marr...Joe is using a crutch and scooter to get around the facility

DJ Turner I thought was a major steal where we got him, you cannot teach his speed or the fluidity in his hips. CTB better watch out
after hearing about him getting burnt by Ja'Marr the other day. I thought of the 2 Corners, Turner was the more pro ready right out of
the gate and even though CTB had a good rookie campaign that hasn't changed. But man, is CTB physical, love that stuff.

Cordell Volson should really grow this season as a player and as we see here has great work ethic. The Volson haters I think might be 
eating some crow with extra hot sauce this season.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 10:07 AM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, as far as fans are concerned, the Burrow news will put a shadow on everything that happens in training camp. 

Not for me

Worst case he misses a few regular season games. I think we can win both w/o Burrow.

Even w/o Burrow we still have the best WR core, a good o line and a defense that’s used to carrying the team.

Everything i remember seeing from Trevor is he’s a good QB. No one is Burrow but if Trevor couldn’t even win 1 of the first 2 games I’d be surprised
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 09:58 PM)Housh Wrote: Not for me

Worst case he misses a few regular season games. I think we can win both w/o Burrow.

Even w/o Burrow we still have the best WR core, a good o line and a defense that’s used to carrying the team.

Everything i remember seeing from Trevor is he’s a good QB. No one is Burrow but if Trevor couldn’t even win 1 of the first 2 games I’d be surprised

Agree, Trevor isn’t a scrub. If this is one of the best teams in the nfl, it’s time to prove it.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 07:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Volson haters I think might be 
eating some crow with extra hot sauce this season.

Or maybe the people that just think Volson has a long way to go will be pleasantly surprised if he actually plays like an average guard this year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 11:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Or maybe the people that just think Volson has a long way to go will be pleasantly surprised if he actually plays like an average guard this year. 

Wasnt his selling point that he WAS average as a rookie? And thats why most ppl expect a decent jump?

I thought he was ranked around average.
-Housh
Reply/Quote