Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates
(07-29-2023, 04:32 PM)pally Wrote: QBs are struggling today. Both CTB and DJ Turner wth INTs

I jinxed them.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Get Andy on the phone. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 04:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I jinxed them.

You did it Sooner lol

This is one fast Secondary with good hands. You have a pass off target and they will make you pay.

(07-29-2023, 04:37 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Get Andy on the phone. Ninja

I think we are on the phone with Drew Plitt. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we are on the phone with Drew Plitt. Mellow

It's alright, Trevor Simeon was the backup upgrade this year.  He will be good enough to get the team through preseason, and perhaps a game or two.  Now, if Joe had suffered a terrible injury, one that would keep him out for the season or even most of, then I'm sure that they would be on the phone with either Wentz or Bridgewater's agents, or even with the 49ers FO for Trey Lance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Somebody will be cut tomorrow to make room for Reid

Reply/Quote
Tanner Hudson is aiming for that last TE spot with 2 TDs in 2 days. He also has long snapping and punting talents as well. He could displace a Mitch Wilcox or a Devin Asiasi. We'll have to see what he does on special teams as that back end of the roster often comes down to that

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 04:37 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Get Andy on the phone. Ninja

That would be tampering, considering he is a panther.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 05:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's alright, Trevor Simeon was the backup upgrade this year.  He will be good enough to get the team through preseason, and perhaps a game or two.  Now, if Joe had suffered a terrible injury, one that would keep him out for the season or even most of, then I'm sure that they would be on the phone with either Wentz or Bridgewater's agents, or even with the 49ers FO for Trey Lance.

Right

I'm no doctor or rehab expert by any means. But I'll say Joe won't miss any regular season most likely. At most 1 game
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 06:15 PM)pally Wrote:

Ivey is so far the Gunter of last yr 
Reply/Quote

The play of D J Turner and CTB accounting very well of himself on Chase seems to be the early story of camp besides Joe’s injury.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Tee looks so sharp in that #5

Cigar
Reply/Quote

Iron sharpens iron CTB wont have a tougher matchup than 1 on 1 vs uno in practice. Hell of a rep here.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
No matter how the day goes there’s always a concern out of it. ‘Oh boy the offence was smoking it today’ … me, oh shit this D mightn’t be as strong as I hope. ‘Man those DB’s and ends were making a huge impact today’ … me, oh shit maybe our line and offence is not gelling properly’
Reply/Quote
Trey Hendrickson to get a couple of days off as he deals with a "lower body" issue

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2023, 05:04 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:
Iron sharpens iron CTB wont have a tougher matchup than 1 on 1 vs uno in practice.  Hell of a rep here.

and the aftermath

Reply/Quote

Ja'Marr makes it look so effortless.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2023, 06:03 PM)pally Wrote: and the aftermath

God I absolutely love Chase's reaction in giving CTB props almost as much as the play itself. Chase is so humble and secure that he can recognize a great play against him and give props. 
Reply/Quote
That is some great competition right there. Our young Corners will be tested more than about any group in the NFL.

They seem to be holding their own which is saying a ton. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Full padded practice today. Real football starting up.

Cigar
Reply/Quote