Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates
(07-28-2023, 09:58 PM)Housh Wrote: Not for me

Worst case he misses a few regular season games. I think we can win both w/o Burrow.

Even w/o Burrow we still have the best WR core, a good o line and a defense that’s used to carrying the team.

Everything i remember seeing from Trevor is he’s a good QB. No one is Burrow but if Trevor couldn’t even win 1 of the first 2 games I’d be surprised

If the reports of a grade 1 calf sprain are accurate there is almost 0 chance Joe misses game 1.  He has 6 weeks and 1 day and that is a 3 week injury.  Joe has proven he attacks rehab with the same professionalism and intensity as he attacks everything else.  

PS This is a GREAT idea for a thread scowering twitter (sorry "x"  Whatever ) all day can get tedious.  Ill post tons of the stuff I find.  

Cigar
Reply/Quote
DJ Turner was a really interesting prospect because he has great field vision but isn't an elite 'cover' corner that his 40 would suggest - imo his game is going to translate better in the NFL than in college but he could be special as a zone/tampa 2 type cb where he has to play levels on the outside between short and mid zone. CTB might be better playing deep. Hopefully Dax Hill is improving.
Reply/Quote
QB Drew Plitt is working out for the team today. He was with the team last year in training camp. Zac said they intend to add another QB while Joe is out. Drew is s likely candidate since he already knows the offense.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 11:14 AM)pally Wrote: QB Drew Plitt is working out for the team today.  He was with the team last year in training camp.  Zac said they intend to add another QB while Joe is out.  Drew is s likely candidate since he already knows the offense.

makes sense...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty impressed they sold out of tickets for Todays practice in PBS... Fan base is back for sure with more faith now in the organization to put a winning product on the field

https://www.bengals.com/team/back-together-weekend
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 11:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Pretty impressed they sold out of tickets for Todays practice in PBS... Fan base is back for sure with more faith now in the organization to put a winning product on the field

It will be on NFLN for those who can't go.  Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport are in Cincinnati to cover the practice

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 11:14 AM)pally Wrote: QB Drew Plitt is working out for the team today.  He was with the team last year in training camp.  Zac said they intend to add another QB while Joe is out.  Drew is s likely candidate since he already knows the offense.

Reid Sinnett is also trying out.  Out of San Diego, he was active for Miami a couple of times several years ago.  He most recently played in the XFL.  I'd gve the edge to Drew because of the offensive scheme knowledge

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 11:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Pretty impressed they sold out of tickets for Todays practice in PBS... Fan base is back for sure with more faith now in the organization to put a winning product on the field

Reminds me Ted Lasso’s practices. LOL
Reply/Quote
I read something that came through the news on my phone today about DJ Turner looking like he could be the breakout performer. That's great news if the Bengals were able to find starter quality CBs in back to back draft classes, without having to spend a 1st round pick on either of them. Also read about Volson being #10 bigger and stronger than last season, and poised to take that big step forward that some of us had predicted.

Exciting stuff, wish I had time to go and watch a practice. However, working 50 hrs/wk and having a consuming side venture doesn't leave much time for such. Thanks all for keeping us updated!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 02:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I read something that came through the news on my phone today about DJ Turner looking like he could be the breakout performer. That's great news if the Bengals were able to find starter quality CBs in back to back draft classes, without having to spend a 1st round pick on either of them. Also read about Volson being #10 bigger and stronger than last season, and poised to take that big step forward that some of us had predicted.

Exciting stuff, wish I had time to go and watch a practice. However, working 50 hrs/wk and having a consuming side venture doesn't leave much time for such. Thanks all for keeping us updated!

Paul Dehner mentioned Brian Callahan told him that they threw a pass to the corner and that Turner looked like he was in the clouds he was so high to knock it away. I guess Callahan and Dan Pitcher had one of those Wow! looks at each other. They say he’s looked good.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 02:32 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Paul Dehner mentioned Brian Callahan told him that they threw a pass to the corner and that Turner looked like he was in the clouds he was so high to knock it away. I guess Callahan and Dan Pitcher had one of those Wow! looks at each other. They say he’s looked good.

The Dan Hoard "5 things" article that I quickly browsed during a lull at training this morning also said something to that effect.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 11:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Or maybe the people that just think Volson has a long way to go will be pleasantly surprised if he actually plays like an average guard this year. 

Or that. Knew that would get a rise out of you guys lol

(07-29-2023, 01:56 AM)Housh Wrote: Wasnt his selling point that he WAS average as a rookie? And thats why most ppl expect a decent jump?

I thought he was ranked around average.

Yes, Volson was ranked around average but did hold his own at times with some of the best DT's in the AFC as a rookie.

He has came into camp bigger and stronger and now has valuable experience playing against the best in the biggest games and now has OBJ
playing next to him instead of a hurt Jonah who always got pushed around. Expecting a big jump from Cordell Volson this year along with Zach
Carter on Defense.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 02:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I read something that came through the news on my phone today about DJ Turner looking like he could be the breakout performer.  That's great news if the Bengals were able to find starter quality CBs in back to back draft classes, without having to spend a 1st round pick on either of them.  Also read about Volson being #10 bigger and stronger than last season, and poised to take that big step forward that some of us had predicted.

Exciting stuff, wish I had time to go and watch a practice. However, working 50 hrs/wk and having a consuming side venture doesn't leave much time for such.  Thanks all for keeping us updated!

Yes, been really busy myself, thankfully we have our freaky computer phones to update us on our Bengals. DJ Turner was about the most
pro ready Corner in the draft, he was just a little undersized, but his speed, fluid hips and his ability to play the ball are all elite. That is what
you want in your Cornerbacks, to be able to stick to the Receiver like glue while playing the ball and not the Receiver. Turner does this already.

Spoke on Volson, he has great work ethic. Expecting a monster jump from him in his sophomore year playing in between OBJ and Ted.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 02:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Dan Hoard "5 things" article that I quickly browsed during a lull at training this morning also said something to that effect.

And he started at practice today
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 02:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I read something that came through the news on my phone today about DJ Turner looking like he could be the breakout performer.  That's great news if the Bengals were able to find starter quality CBs in back to back draft classes, without having to spend a 1st round pick on either of them.  Also read about Volson being #10 bigger and stronger than last season, and poised to take that big step forward that some of us had predicted.

Exciting stuff, wish I had time to go and watch a practice. However, working 50 hrs/wk and having a consuming side venture doesn't leave much time for such.  Thanks all for keeping us updated!
male exotic dancer.?.. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 04:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And he started at practice today

It's great that Turner is catching attention and standing out in training camp, but let's also keep in mind that he's not defending passes from Joe Burrow.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 04:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I told you, that male exotic dancer job would take up a lot of your time... Ninja

Oh, I'm much too old and saggy for that sort of gig.  However I did found a Strongman Club where we train athletes and host competitions, and that does take up a great deal of my non-working time.  Time that I used to spend on other hobbies, like following every move that my favorite sports teams make.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 04:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, I'm much too old and saggy for that sort of gig.  However I did found a Strongman Club where we train athletes and host competitions, and that does take up a great deal of my non-working time.  Time that I used to spend on other hobbies, like following every move that my favorite sports teams make.

Hilarious I hear ya, I was always in great shape when I was in the service, but recently have noticed things getting a little tight wearing them... At this age though, not sure I care that much.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 04:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's great that Turner is catching attention and standing out in training camp, but let's also keep in mind that he's not defending passes from Joe Burrow.

I think our backup spot is the strongest it’s been under Taylor. No question working against Joe is ideal. Frankly I thought Jake was the better #2 guy after preseason last year. If they can get the damn running game going if Joe missed the first few games I’d feel better.

Reply/Quote
QBs are struggling today. Both CTB and DJ Ivey wth INTs

edit: had the wrong DJ getting the INT

Reply/Quote