Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates
(07-31-2023, 05:28 PM)wanga Wrote: No matter how the day goes there’s always a concern out of it. ‘Oh boy the offence was smoking it today’ … me, oh shit this D mightn’t be as strong as I hope.  ‘Man those DB’s and ends were making a huge impact today’ … me, oh shit maybe our line and offence is not gelling properly’

Yep isn't it amazing? Great competition all the way around is EXACTLY what ZT and the coaches want, yet, plenty of posters want to all of a sudden sign a another player out there or make a trade.
Reply/Quote

Hate to see this hopefully its not serious.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 04:05 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:

I like this guy, but he cannot stay healthy to save his life. Time to cut bait on him and bring in someone else.
Reply/Quote
Chris Evans just made the team?
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 04:05 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:

It doesn't seem to be serious.  He didn't go inside and was getting his ankle taped on the sidelines from what's being reported on Twitter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 04:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: It doesn't seem to be serious.  He didn't go inside and was getting his ankle taped on the sidelines from what's being reported on Twitter.

Reply/Quote
Any news about Kirkland, Heyward or Jackson? I know its very early but just wondering if any of the UDFAs have shown anything. I did see that Maxwell was injured and I was hoping with his college stats, he might be able to come in and contribute something
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 04:24 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Chris Evans just made the team?

The guy averages 7 yards per touch.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/bengals-practice-report-performance-passion-burrows-absence-nfl/amp/

This from Monday but sounds good
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 09:32 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Any news about Kirkland, Heyward or Jackson?  I know its very early but just wondering if any of the UDFAs have shown anything.  I did see that Maxwell was injured and I was hoping with his college stats, he might be able to come in and contribute something

My friend (played at Notre Dame and knows the game really well) said this: 

"Forgot to mention this, Kirkland the UDFA is a G. Had a great day, huge dude, and is a great anchor on pass sets". 

He also said this about Irv Smith:

"Is an absolute freak and is better than Hayden Hurst. I think they key with him is just staying healthy. If he does, he'll have a better year than Hurst last year." 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 09:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My friend (played at Notre Dame and knows the game really well) said this: 

"Forgot to mention this, Kirkland the UDFA is a G. Had a great day, huge dude, and is a great anchor on pass sets". 

He also said this about Irv Smith:

"Is an absolute freak and is better than Hayden Hurst. I think they key with him is just staying healthy. If he does, he'll have a better year than Hurst last year." 

He also had these notes from yesterday: 

"Went to practice today. A little disappointed by the rookie class. Murphy looks the part but he has some Ben Martin in him. Low football IQ and doesn't shed blocks well. Reaction just a hare slow. Dj turner getting beat again, ivey is outplaying him. Here's a hot take: ossai gets more sacks then Hendrickson this year. Also, chase brown is such a natural pass catcher. And, irv smith is better than hurst he is a specimen. Jaxson Carman got whooped today, up and in move destroyed him twice. Jonah Williams got walked back into the QB and looked bad too. Sample is a good depth piece to have."
Reply/Quote
My friend also said the rookie punter has been absolute garbage the past two days he was down there. At this point he wouldn't be shocked if Christman won the job.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 09:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He also had these notes from yesterday: 

"Went to practice today. A little disappointed by the rookie class. Murphy looks the part but he has some Ben Martin in him. Low football IQ and doesn't shed blocks well. Reaction just a hare slow. Dj turner getting beat again, ivey is outplaying him. Here's a hot take: ossai gets more sacks then Hendrickson this year. Also, chase brown is such a natural pass catcher. And, irv smith is better than hurst he is a specimen. Jaxson Carman got whooped today, up and in move destroyed him twice. Jonah Williams got walked back into the QB and looked bad too. Sample is a good depth piece to have."

I know it's just one day, but seeing Jonah get pushed back into the QB is not something I can really deal with all year again. Can't help but wonder if he's head is just not in it or his attitude is going to be poor because of having to move over. Which is a shame because we really need him to suck it up and step up. 
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 10:41 AM)chrisball96 Wrote: I know it's just one day, but seeing Jonah get pushed back into the QB is not something I can really deal with all year again. Can't help but wonder if he's head is just not in it or his attitude is going to be poor because of having to move over. Which is a shame because we really need him to suck it up and step up. 

He is playing for the payday of his life.  He is 1000% in and his attitude is fine.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 10:41 AM)chrisball96 Wrote: I know it's just one day, but seeing Jonah get pushed back into the QB is not something I can really deal with all year again. Can't help but wonder if he's head is just not in it or his attitude is going to be poor because of having to move over. Which is a shame because we really need him to suck it up and step up. 

First day of pads tough to get much feel.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 09:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He also had these notes from yesterday: 

By all media reports, Turner is having the best camp of any of the rookies.  Ivey is doing well but he is more often playing against the send level receivers

Reply/Quote
I mentioned the safeties when I bumped a past thread showing my concern for losing Bates & Bell, but we haven't heard diddly shit from Myles Murphy either.
Reply/Quote

Im not gonna trash your buddy but judging rookies reactions in their first week of training camp is silly.   Also, in defense of DJ Turner getting beat by our WRs, he can join the dozens of vets over the past few seasons on that list.  Agree with him that Ossai might make a huge leap he looked great in the playoffs last year which people tend to forget because of his PF in the AFCCG.  As far as Jackson and Williams getting beat at RT its disappointing but not shocking hopefully one of them can hold down the fort until La'el is ready to go if it comes to that.  Ill give them some time though they are both brand new to RT. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 05:04 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Im not gonna trash your buddy but judging rookies reactions in their first week of training camp is silly.   Also, in defense of DJ Turner getting beat by our WRs, he can join the dozens of vets over the past few seasons on that list.  Agree with him that Ossai might make a huge leap he looked great in the playoffs last year which people tend to forget because of his PF in the AFCCG.  As far as Jackson and Williams getting beat at RT its disappointing but not shocking hopefully one of them can hold down the fort until La'el is ready to go if it comes to that.  Ill give them some time though they are both brand new to RT. 

This is something I hope translates well...training with some of the best WRs in the league should be a positive for these young DBs.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote