Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates
(08-02-2023, 07:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, after Turner was completely stuck on the Receivers, they were bound to take offense to it and play better.

Also, just because Robbins had a day or two where he was bad Punting doesn't mean Chrisman has a shot to beat him who is in the
hospital and was a big reason we lost late in the AFC Championship game to the Chiefs. Also a guy saying that Myles Murphy has a 
low IQ is pretty laughable to me.

It was the perfect storm combo of Crisman botching the directional punt and the refs ignoring illegal block in the back happening right in front of them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 09:17 PM)basballguy Wrote: These guys say DJ Turner is killing it.  They do mention him getting beat a couple times but these guys are pretty hyped on Turner.

Turner has been "beat" but he's been right there in the receivers back pocket. The catches have been contested. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
All has been quiet on the Myles front.....

As far as the other rookies Turner, Ivey, Brown and Jones have all shined.

Andrei has been getting good work in and is having good moments (but some struggles with drops, and many of the pass breakups from Turner and Ivey is coming from throws his way).

Reply/Quote
THE OBJ struggled in 1 on 1's when the pads came on. Ossai took him to school. He says that drill "isn't his strength". And Hobspin says everyone knows when the lights come on what he'll bring.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 01:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: THE OBJ struggled in 1 on 1's when the pads came on. Ossai took him to school. He says that drill "isn't his strength". And Hobspin says everyone knows when the lights come on what he'll bring.

Seems like Ossai is having one heck of a camp so far, no?
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 12:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: It was the perfect storm combo of Crisman botching the directional punt and the refs ignoring illegal block in the back happening right in front of them.

Which is what allowed the returner to get free on the play.

If even slowed down for half a second, that return does not end up like it did.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 11:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I didn't get it at first and thought it was lame. Then, it hit me. 

(08-03-2023, 11:53 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's awesome

Thought that was a very clever nickname for a player named Ivey myself. Poison Ivey. Just sticks to you and you can't get him off lol
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 12:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: It was the perfect storm combo of Crisman botching the directional punt and the refs ignoring illegal block in the back happening right in front of them. 

Yeah, you cannot make that shit up. Would be nice for something to go our way for once in a situation like that. We are due.

As Truck said, the illegal block in the back also allowed for the Return to happen...
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 12:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: All has been quiet on the Myles front.....

As far as the other rookies Turner, Ivey, Brown and Jones have all shined.

Andrei has been getting good work in and is having good moments (but some struggles with drops, and many of the pass breakups from Turner and Ivey is coming from throws his way).

(08-03-2023, 01:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: THE OBJ struggled in 1 on 1's when the pads came on. Ossai took him to school. He says that drill "isn't his strength". And Hobspin says everyone knows when the lights come on what he'll bring.

Good stuff JJ22. Love seeing both Chase Brown and Ossai shining. I think Ossai could just pick up right where he left off and 
really be disruptive early in the season spelling Trey. The coaches trust him now even after the bad penalty, the team has his 
back. Would like to see some more noise with MM, but I think it will come sooner rather than later.

Ivey has been the real surprise to me. I didn't like the pick initially, wanted a TE in the 7th, but I think I was wrong.
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner The Athletic (excerpts from his extensive article today)

“He’s as healthy as he has been — that’s huge,” defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo said. “If he continues down that road — he is showing some good things here.”

What we saw through the first week of practice was a number of big plays down the sideline. Chase and Higgins both caught multiple long go-balls for what would have been touchdowns, but you also saw a wide variety of motions and splits designed to free weapons up the sideline.

On one play, Higgins ran a motion into a bunch route then accelerated. On another, Burrow was able to hold the safety as Chase made Cam Taylor-Britt whiff off the line for a touchdown. We’ve also seen a significant amount of deep back-shoulder passes thrown in the direction of Andrei Iosivas, specifically, as quarterbacks have tried to utilize his size and jump ball ability.

All eyes are on the new safety combination of Dax Hill and Nick Scott.

“Nick has done a great job with him (Dax)continuing to build our rapport and talking to each other and teaching him how to be a pro,” Anarumo said. “Dax is putting in the extra work, that’s for sure.”

Zac Taylor on OL “From top to bottom, that room the depth is really good. Even if whoever you perceive as the last man in the room, it’s not somebody you’ve got to coach around with the threes out there in practice and make sure they don’t get somebody hurt, and you’d be afraid to put them in a preseason game, which I’ve dealt with in years past, over 15 years,” Taylor said. “And I think that this group’s really done a good job and from top to bottom, these guys all belong and that’s good to see.”
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Maybe it's just because I really like him, but I am really looking forward to seeing how Dax Hill develops. Just with the whole Bates saga it really increases the focus on him and, of course, with him being a first round pick I completely get it. It is nice to hear Lou recognizing that Dax is working hard and doing well because a lot of eyes are going to be on him this year.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
Charlie Jones injured left arm/shoulder. Injured after a diving catch

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 05:48 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Maybe it's just because I really like him, but I am really looking forward to seeing how Dax Hill develops. Just with the whole Bates saga it really increases the focus on him and, of course, with him being a first round pick I completely get it. It is nice to hear Lou recognizing that Dax is working hard and doing well because a lot of eyes are going to be on him this year.

Yes, a lot of eyes will be on Daxton Hill this year. He is undeniably talented, but he has a lot of work to do to become as mentally 
strong and as instinctual as what we had the last few years in Bates who also had top range for a high Safety. The thing is Dax has 
all the physical abilities to be just as good as Bates if not better especially in the tackling department.

Also looking forward to Dax's growth big time this year. Nick Scott is smart and is already helping. PFF's pass coverage ratings were
bad across the board of that secondary because of Jalen Ramsey and his free roaming that hurt the entire secondary with the Rams.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 05:58 PM)pally Wrote:

Nice catch TI.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 05:57 PM)pally Wrote: Charlie Jones injured left arm/shoulder. Injured after a diving catch

****!!!! Cmon man!!!
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 06:55 PM)Housh Wrote: ****!!!! Cmon man!!!

Jordan Shipley 2.0?
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 05:57 PM)pally Wrote: Charlie Jones injured left arm/shoulder.  Injured after a diving catch

Only the Bengals....
Reply/Quote