Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } (/Thread-Postgame-Reactions-Thread-Week-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - samhain - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not defending Pollack but Zac really needs to start playing the OL in the preseason.

Especially when there are changes. New LT, new position for Jonah.  Let the gets some reps together before the live fire starts.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - bfine32 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:27 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: My most significant gripe the punting game. It can't be like this game after game.

I think if your most significant gripe is the punting game then the punting game should not be your most significant gripe

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nately120 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep.

[Image: ricardo-love-lucy.gif]

Lordy loo...new dey and all but man for a franchise to have as much consistency at GM and coaching as we do you'd think we had 7+ SBs during the past 30 years.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Frank Booth - 09-10-2023

Not concerned. This is how this team performs against Cleveland. Especially in Cleveland

This bengals team 2 years in a row has always stepped up and gotten through the playoffs until the very end.

I maybe would be worried if the bengals did this against a team that wasn’t Cleveland. They just own cincy

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - NUGDUKWE - 09-10-2023

We just aren't creative on offense. I don't know why we keep throwing to chase behind the line of scrimmage I know he had a long one in the playoffs 2 years ago but he just doesn't excel at that. I just mention that because I think that is the extent of our creativity.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-10-2023

The Bengals play like a team of neurosurgeons. The Browns play like they’re in the octagon.

(09-10-2023, 08:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals play like a team of neurosurgeons. The Browns play like they’re in the octagon.

Yep, that’s why the browns have been to back to back afc title games the last 2 seasons

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - cinci4life - 09-10-2023

Not concerned yet. Started 0-2 last year and got to the AFCCG.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - jj22 - 09-10-2023

Next year we have to bring in an OC (or hope someone hires Callahan). Consistency is good but everyone has you read after 5 years.

The D has gotten fresh eyes with the turnover at dl, cb, lb coaches. It’s time the Offense gets some too. This offense should be humming by now. Looking like the greatest show on turf with these supposed weapons. How many years does it take 10! Our success it can be argued legitimately is because of the Defense.

Offense should be a well oiled machine by now.

This will be legendary to re-visit when Burrow finishes as a top 5 mvp candidate again, and the bengals finish with 11+ wins

Fish brains. The lot of you

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Mickeypoo - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: This will be legendary to re-visit when Burrow finishes as a top 5 mvp candidate again, and the bengals finish with 11+ wins

Fish brains. The lot of you

I hope you’re right because after week 1 they are literally the laughing stock out of all 32 teams and it’s not even close.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:54 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I hope you’re right because after week 1 they are literally the laughing stock out of all 32 teams and it’s not even close.

Steelers we’re pretty bad today, too.

(09-10-2023, 08:54 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I hope you’re right because after week 1 they are literally the laughing stock out of all 32 teams and it’s not even close.

who cares? they always embarass themselves against cleveland. Guess what? They've been to back to back afc title games even when they get stomped out by the browns.

I can live with constantly losing to cleveland if it means cincy's better than every other team in the league except maybe philly and possibly kc.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - samhain - 09-10-2023

One thing I'm not a fan of here is the lack of a power back, or at least something resembling one, to get tough yards and soften up the defense.

I've said it before but I fully believe this: in the middle of last season when the Bengals looked like a championship team, they had Perine running behind Cappa and Collins. They didn't wear it out, but when they used it, it was damn tough to stop. It was a small wrinkle that really kept defense honest when dealing with the passing game.

Idk who takes Samaje's spot and Idk if Jonah can do what Collins did in the run game. I doubt it.

DO I think they can win without this wrinkle? Sure. But it sure was a nice offensive facet to have available.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - NUGDUKWE - 09-10-2023

Does seem odd for the big 3 we have. Feels like this is a coaching fail.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - casear2727 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Next year we have to bring in an OC (or hope someone hires Callahan). Consistency is good but everyone has you read after 5 years.

The D has gotten fresh eyes with the turnover at dl, cb, lb coaches. It’s time the Offense gets some too. This offense should be humming by now. Looking like the greatest show on turf with these supposed weapons. How many years does it take 10! Our success it can be argued legitimately is because of the Defense.

Offense should be a well oiled machine by now.

We need Callahan to take over playcalling. Putting any of this on Callahan knowing Zac is responsible for so much of the offense doesnt make sense to me.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - jj22 - 09-10-2023

I don’t know what role Callahan truly plays. But he’s been here too long to take this offense to the next level.

This is his scheme too. And this scheme lacks focus on a run game, can’t play from under center, and can’t seem to get creative with all these supposed weapons. And I’m not talking putting Boyd in motion all game creativity. I’m talking blown overage creativity.

As soon as Burrow went down they should have turned to the run and worked on it all camp to lean on game 1.

What the scheme call for. Burrow opening with 4 drop backs resulting in 2 hits and a sack.

That’s a scheme issue. Zac would have leaned on a run game with Burrow struggling if he believed he had one. Or could.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nately120 - 09-10-2023

I'm not worried we're going to fall to pieces this year, but I also didn't expect Tua to have 5.68 times the yards as Burrow, either.

(09-10-2023, 09:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don’t know what role Callahan truly plays. But he’s been here too long to take this offense to the next level.

This is his scheme too. And this scheme lacks focus on a run game, can’t play from under center,  and can’t seem to get creative with all these supposed weapons. And I’m not talking putting Boyd in motion all game creativity. I’m talking blown overage creativity.

As soon as Burrow went down they should have turned to the run and worked on it all camp to lean on game 1.

What the scheme call for. Burrow opening with 4 drop backs resulting in 2 hits and a sack.

outside of their games vs cleveland, the bengals have a top 5 offense. The run game stinks, and it needs adressing, but outide of the cleveland games, the bengals have a passing attack that rivals KC's. You saw it last year, and you saw it in bursts in 2021

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not worried we're going to fall to pieces this year, but I also didn't expect Tua to have 5.68 times the yards as Burrow, either.

Crazy game for Tyreek.