Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! (/Thread-Zac-Taylor-play-calling-is-trash)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - THE PISTONS - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 10:57 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d expect it still saved a TD. The person responsible was nowhere.

It's possible. I'd have to go re-watch it.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Destro - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 09:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the players knew there was a timeout and stopped playing...on the Bengals. I doubt that WR is 20 yards wide open if no timeout is called.

Yes, you re right, they did. I did a rewind and watched it three times saw that everyone stopped, including the DB, but the WR still ran out and Stafford still threw the pass. Like when a kicker still kicks the field goal when they try to ice him. Saying the timeout saved a TD is not based in fact. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Soonerpeace - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 12:38 PM)Destro Wrote: Yes, you re right, they did. I did a rewind and watched it three times saw that everyone stopped, including the DB, but the WR still ran out and Stafford still threw the pass. Like when a kicker still kicks the field goal when they try to ice him. Saying the timeout saved a TD is not based in fact. 

My son was there and his whole suite was screaming to call time out. His group all played football at a high level. So probably up top the defensive booth guys saw it and were screaming at Zac.

(09-26-2023, 12:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: My son was there and his whole suite was screaming to call time out.

And they did call one. Does not mean it saved a TD. Suppose a defender, instead of stopping when he saw TO, got a hit and had a fumble recover scoop and score? I mean, if everyone was going 100% because no one heard the TO happen, and a TD was caught, then, sure, the TO saved the score. If defenders stopped before Stafford even set his feet, it is all just guessing at what may have happened. 

Game comes on again at 3. I set it to record and see if I can show it.

(09-26-2023, 12:51 PM)Destro Wrote: And they did call one. Does not mean it saved a TD. Suppose a defender, instead of stopping when he saw TO, got a hit and had a fumble recover scoop and score? I mean, if everyone was going 100% because no one heard the TO happen, and a TD was caught, then, sure, the TO saved the score. If defenders stopped before Stafford even set his feet, it is all just guessing at what may have happened. 

Game comes on again at 3. I set it to record and see if I can show it.

Getting it called and reacting fast is Zac’s job. He did it. Was it he that only noticed it? Unlikely but it’s kind of a silly discussion trying to nitpick everything Zac does. He’s not leaving Cincy for many many years.

(09-26-2023, 01:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Getting it called and reacting fast is Zac’s job. He did it. Was it he that only noticed it? Unlikely but it’s kind of a silly discussion trying to nitpick everything Zac does. He’s not leaving Cincy for many many years.

No one is arguing if he did what he was supposed to do. Only that the timeout saved a touchdown. It is silly to run that into something else to defend Taylor when it wasn't an attack. Just like him being in Cincy for 20 days or 20 years means nothing to the matter, yet.... Has nothing to do with Taylor. If Logan Wilson called the TO the TD argument would be the same. People acting suspect.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 11:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It was like that a lot last year. Terrible 1st halfs. Then, we'd come alive the 2nd half.

Better than the other way around. I love how this team shows up when it matters most under Zac.

Complete opposite of Marv.

But it sure would be nice to put entire games together of great execution. If this starts happening, look out.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - impactplaya - 09-26-2023

Any reason why it took ZT 3 games
To call a misdirection play resulting
In the Bengals longest play to date?

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 01:24 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Any reason why it took ZT 3 games

They did it last week on the fake pitch to JaMarr, then screen to Mixon. Mellow

(09-26-2023, 01:24 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Any reason why it took ZT 3 games

The offensive game plan id designed by the entire staff. It’s one of the most assistant friendly staff in the NFL. And I’m family with Doug Pederson’s philosophy. Different offensive coaches have an area they are responsible for with the offense. They are called upon and expected to have a play ready for Zac giving him another option to his.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - TKUHL - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 12:38 PM)Destro Wrote: Yes, you re right, they did. I did a rewind and watched it three times saw that everyone stopped, including the DB, but the WR still ran out and Stafford still threw the pass. Like when a kicker still kicks the field goal when they try to ice him. Saying the timeout saved a TD is not based in fact. 

Agree, So far that’s the best TO Zac has called. Rams got bailed out several times getting TO’s in on delay of game penalties. The whistle was blowing, players stopped, Rams didn’t get robbed at all.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - TKUHL - 09-26-2023

The play calling in the second half was much better. Helps when the plays work also. Last week our defense looked absolutely horrible, must have embarrassed this D. Lou is a freakin defensive guru. The way he can just take a teams ability to move the ball in the second half is outstanding. Always thought half time adjustments was just a myth. Wink mad props to the D and Zac for calling a better game this week. We have got to do something while we still have Lou. The time is now.

(09-26-2023, 12:51 PM)Destro Wrote: Game comes on again at 3. I set it to record and see if I can show it.

Hour 1, minute 38 to 39. At the snap, everyone lined up, Dax hill was on Higbee, who caught the pass. At the snap, stops and bumps into Hilton and never runs with Higbee. Seems like the worry was they were not communicating on #5, who was in motion. No idea if it mattered as he stopped jogging in the middle of the field, because he heard the whistle.

The file you attached is too large.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nicomo Cosca - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 05:31 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It never does really.....they don't show the routes the player isn't targeted.

Idk, looking at Tyreek’s for example is always pretty telling. It’s crazy the sheer number of different routes they have him run.

Last night was a step in the right direction though.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Shake n Blake - 09-26-2023

(09-17-2023, 08:18 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Not how they used to operate maybe, but teams don’t just fork over the largest contract in NFL history to go 3-14 2 years in a row with the same coach. The culture’s changed since Burrow. Same thing happened with Brees in NOLA and we all said the same things. We had 40 years of total failure and when Brees showed up, everything changed. Winning is a powerful drug and once you have it you wanna get it back.

We gave Palmer what was the largest contract in NFL history, then watched 7-9 in 2007 while starting 3-7, 4-12 in 2008 while starting 1-11-1 and 0-4 with Palmer, 10-6 in 2009 and back down to 4-12 with 10 straight losses in 2010. Marvin brought back time and again.

I'm not saying they haven't changed, but it won't be simply because they gave Burrow a huge contract.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - THE PISTONS - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 06:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We gave Palmer what was the largest contract in NFL history, then watched 7-9 in 2007 while starting 3-7, 4-12 in 2008 while starting 1-11-1 and 0-4 with Palmer, 10-6 in 2009 and back down to 4-12 with 10 straight losses in 2010. Marvin brought back time and again.

I'm not saying they haven't changed, but it won't be simply because they gave Burrow a huge contract.

Burrow will keep this team from ever bottoming out. A bad year will be 6-7 wins. Good years will be playoff runs.

That will keep Zac here a long time.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - michaelsean - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 12:32 AM)Housh Wrote: Im ngl not having healthy Burrow is encouraging Zac to do alot of things weve been asking for. Jamarr in constant motion has been a wish forver

Hopefully they learn a thing or two and continue to mix it up when Burrow is healthy. Keep ‘em guessing. An indecisive defense is toast.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Bengal Dude - 09-27-2023

(09-26-2023, 07:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burrow will keep this team from ever bottoming out. A bad year will be 6-7 wins. Good years will be playoff runs.

That will keep Zac here a long time.

I expect Zac to be here longer than Marvin's tenure. Especially if we win the Super Bowl. Only way it's shorter if if he leaves on his own accord.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-27-2023

(09-26-2023, 06:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk, looking at Tyreek’s for example is always pretty telling. It’s crazy the sheer number of different routes they have him run.

Last night was a step in the right direction though.

Oh I agree with that for sure. I'd like to see an actual chart though, vs just the routes a guy is targeted on. As much as Chase is doubled....I just wonder how many different routes, if any difference, he's running where Joe doesn't look his way because of the coverage. If that makes sense.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nicomo Cosca - 09-27-2023

(09-27-2023, 11:25 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Oh I agree with that for sure. I'd like to see an actual chart though, vs just the routes a guy is targeted on. As much as Chase is doubled....I just wonder how many different routes, if any difference, he's running where Joe doesn't look his way because of the coverage. If that makes sense.

Tyreek gets doubled plenty too though. Hell, he just went off for 157 yards in a game Waddle didn’t even play.