Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jake Browning appreciation thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jake Browning appreciation thread (/Thread-Jake-Browning-appreciation-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - QueenCity - 12-16-2023

I'm not sure what everyone is arguing about.

Browning is a serviceable backup that much is clear. He has a winning record and is 2 wins from likely getting the Bengals in the playoffs.

Is he a starter... no. But he could be for half a season.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is Jake Browning becoming a starter somewhere the new Dalton will go somewhere else and win a bunch of playoff games (NE was always a favorite  IIRC)? Ninja

Well he never got that chance, so.... Ninja

(12-16-2023, 10:58 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm not sure what everyone is arguing about.

Browning is a serviceable backup that much is clear. He has a winning record and is 2 wins from likely getting the Bengals in the playoffs.

Is he a starter... no. But he could be for half a season.

There you have it. Couldn't agree more.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - jj22 - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I cannot think of a team he could go to next season and be QB1?

Then your football knowledge may not be up to your standards. Maybe you’ve been projecting your insecurities on others. He can go to a mid team that has pieces like Washington, Saints, ATL. 

Teams he could lay as good as their current starters at least. Teams out of the QB range in the first round of the draft.

(12-16-2023, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If this is going to get anyone a lot of buzz it’s Dan Pitcher.

That's an interesting observation....you might have a damn good point there? What about Cally? You think it could finally land him a HC gig?

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - casear2727 - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:58 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m sure a few teams will have openings

He’d be a good tank driver

Not good enough to win you games alone but good enough to trick your fanbase into thinking you want to win

Is he better than Kenny Pickett in their offense?  That is the only maybe I can see.  

I’m not sure why people are choosing now to shade him either. After an exciting and clutch performance. 

But they have the right to their opinion and have the right to be down on him after a big win against yet another contender. 

I don’t support slamming folks for being negative after a win like “folks” have. So I won’t. 

(12-16-2023, 10:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then your football knowledge may not be up to your standards. Maybe you’ve been projecting your insecurities on others. He can go to a mid team that has pieces like Washington, Saints, ATL. 

Teams he could lay as good as their current starters at least. Teams out of the QB range in the first round of the draft.

Same Howell is Top 5 QB in yards passing this season, how do you NOT know this?  The Saints just gave Carr a ton of money and he is NOT better than him.

Would the Falcons take him over Desmond Ridder?  Another maybe, but more likely than not they pick up a QB in this draft or take Fields in a potential trade.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Nicomo Cosca - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then your football knowledge may not be up to your standards. Maybe you’ve been projecting your insecurities on others. He can go to a mid team that has pieces like Washington, Saints, ATL. 

Jake Browning is not starting over Derek Carr. LOL

(12-16-2023, 11:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m not sure why people are choosing now to shade him either. After an exciting and clutch performance. 

But they have the right to their opinion and have the right to be down on him after a big win against yet another contender. 

I don’t support slamming folks for being negative after a win like “folks” have. So I won’t. 

I am not shading or being down on him.  I think it is beyond stupid for a couple of posters to act as if he is better than  Burrow and that his extension was a mistake.  

I am also concerned that he showed serious limitations today.  Those balls to Higgins were NOT good throws, we do not have any type of passing game in the deep thirds and he does not do well under pressure.  The throw to Boyd at the end was a good one, the wheel to Chase was great touch.  But when we need chunk plays the jump balls wont get it will have to rely on a screen jailbreak. 

(12-16-2023, 11:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That's an interesting observation....you might have a damn good point there? What about Cally? You think it could finally land him a HC gig?

I see Pitcher getting some OC interviews more than Callahan HC.

(12-16-2023, 11:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Same Howell is Top 5 QB in yards passing this season, how do you NOT know this?  The Saints just gave Carr a ton of money and he is NOT better than him.

Would the Falcons take him over Desmond Ridder?  Another maybe, but more likely than not they pick up a QB in this draft or take Fields in a potential trade.

You’d take Fields over him? On a team a QB away from dominating a division. You really are down on the guy. 

I know Sams numbers and I know what Jake’s numbers would translate to if he started these last 14 games. That’s why I said he can play as good as……

Carr basically has a 1 year deal. 

(12-16-2023, 11:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jake Browning is not starting over Derek Carr. LOL

Maybe not but I’m definitely not as high on 32 year old Carr as you guys are. 

(12-16-2023, 11:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: You’d take Fields over him? On a team a QB away from dominating a division. You really are down on the guy. 

I know Sams numbers and I know what Jake’s numbers would translate to if he started these last 14 games. That’s why I said he can play as good as……

They don’t have a potential out until 2026.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/derek-carr-14445/

(12-16-2023, 11:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: You’d take Fields over him? On a team a QB away from dominating a division. You really are down on the guy. 

You are an idiot if you think Jake is better than Carr or Justin Fields.

Carr signed a 4 year 150M deal with the Saints, are you seriously this ignorant?  They dont bring him back next season they would have a $53M dead cap hit.  Again, you are the absolute worst.

(12-16-2023, 11:09 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I am not shading or being down on him.  I think it is beyond stupid for a couple of posters to act as if he is better than  Burrow and that his extension was a mistake.  

I am also concerned that he showed serious limitations today.  Those balls to Higgins were NOT good throws, we do not have any type of passing game in the deep thirds and he does not do well under pressure.  The throw to Boyd at the end was a good one, the wheel to Chase was great touch.  But when we need chunk plays the jump balls wont get it will have to rely on a screen jailbreak. 

Well we agree. 

(12-16-2023, 11:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You are an idiot if you think Jake is better than Carr or Justin Fields.

Carr signed a 4 year 150M deal with the Saints, are you seriously this ignorant?  They dont bring him back next season they would have a $53M dead cap hit.  Again, you are the absolute worst.

We’ll see if Carr is back. I think Saints are about to clean house. 

Browning isn’t going to cost significantly, and there is disappointment with Carr. QBing a team 3rd in a division he is supposedly the best qb in.

That’s y’all’s boy tho. Clearly. At 33 with a new staff. I wouldn’t be so sure no change will come.

Where is he and his $53M dead money hit going to go? Do you understand how the NFL works? No you dont, I forgot.

The Saints will blow almost a quarter of their cap space on a guy they will cut because.....?

The level of dumbness has no end....

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Shake n Blake - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 10:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously Shake, his jump balls are rainbows straight up in the air in which Tee had to stop both times, come back and out jump the defender.  That is not highballing a 50-50.  He cannot make necessary throws; deep outs, hole shots, crossers.  He is really bad under pressure.

He will be on the Bengals next year and NOT competing with Burrow.  Why does everyone think he is going somewhere next year?

Who said Browning would start over Burrow without a thick coat of sarcasm?

All I'm saying is that the guy is getting the job done and that if this continues at the current rate, I see him either being a high end backup or low tier starter.

A guy like Dalton or Flacco are now. Someone a team would pay above minimum to hedge their bet on a rookie or low tier starter.

If I'm a Steelers fan, I like Browning in a competition with Pickett.

Fwiw, you can analyze any of the bottom 5 or 10 starters and find ugly throws and huge flaws in their games, and those guys aren't going 3-1, throwing for 300 and 2 scores every week with 100 passer ratings, or leading big comebacks.

(12-16-2023, 10:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is Jake Browning becoming a starter somewhere the new Dalton will go somewhere else and win a bunch of playoff games (NE was always a favorite  IIRC)? Ninja

No, he's becoming the new AJ McCarron will go somewhere and be great if we don't start him over Dalton, then next year Browning goes elsewhere and can't get off the bench and is soon starting. In the XFL. Ninja

(12-16-2023, 11:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Who said Browning would start over Burrow without a thick coat of sarcasm?

All I'm saying is that the guy is getting the job done and that if this continues at the current rate, I see him either being a high end backup or low tier starter.

A guy like Dalton or Flacco are now. Someone a team would pay above minimum to hedge their bet on a rookie or low tier starter.

If I'm a Steelers fan, I like Browning in a competition with Pickett.

Fwiw, you can analyze any of the bottom 5 or 10 starters and find ugly throws and huge flaws in their games, and those guys aren't going 3-1, throwing for 300 and 2 scores every week with 100 passer ratings, or leading big comebacks.

No, he's becoming the new AJ McCarron will go somewhere and be great if we don't start him over Dalton, then next year Browning goes elsewhere and can't get off the bench and is soon starting. In the XFL. Ninja

Im not sure if it was his shoulder injury or what, but he seems incapable of making all the throws.  If the running game is working he can be very effective in play action and the short to mid range.  I am not confident whatsoever in the event that we need him to make chunk plays. He is not comfortable under pressure.  Teams are getting more and more tape on him.  

The Steelers and the Falcons are the only 2 NFL teams that I can think of with QBs that are not obviously better than Jake.  I do like him as our backup and Im glad we have him this season and next year.,