Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump's First 100 Days - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump's First 100 Days (/Thread-Trump-s-First-100-Days)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I said it was her supporters, not sure why you brought that point up again, unless you are showing how much we agree. Unless you are trying to stress the fact that a candidate is not responsible for the actions or his or her supporters.

So she never disavowed and only gave support after she lost. So there was no need to further build a base. Trump eventually disavowed the birther movement gave his support to Obama's citizenship too; does that not count?

What do I have to be mad about/ Seems folks that start multiple threads everyday about how POTUS sucks are mad and attacking. But I'm sure the liberal mind sees it diferently. Admittedly the working of such are a mystery to me.

Folks are funny. 

(02-19-2017, 02:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely because Cruz's father is a American citizen who came to America in 1957. If he had accused Cruz of being Cuban then that could be argued as racist. 

The birther lies were just like today's stories about Trump. Folks are not happy with the President because their values differ and just threw anything against the wall to see if anything sticks. 

This "Trump started the birther movement" is just silly. Hills and her supporters were bringing it up in 2008. Matter of fact there are articles that suggest it started as early as 2004. Trump first mentioned it in 2011 and I'm sure his goal was to de-legitimize the Obama's Presidency simply because of Political reasons. But it makes Trump sound like a racist if folks go with the narrative: "Trump started the birther movement because Obama is Black". I really don't give those folks credit at looking at much with an open mind. They're probably actually rational people, but the current event have them twisted.  

(02-19-2017, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Any thoughts on Hillary and her supporters bringing it up in the 2008 race?

You directly accused Hillary of doing the same crap as Trump. But, all you're doing is repeating Trump's bullshit the same as Trump repeats Fox's bullshit. Repeating Trump's unsubstantiated and unvetted lies points to bias. 

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - BmorePat87 - 02-21-2017

In other news, Trump accused Obama of always vacationing and playing golf and said he would never leave the White House.

So far 25% of his term has been spent in Florida and he played a full round of golf this weekend. Golfing is obviously not a big deal, everyone deserves some down time. However, the White House attempted to downplay how much golfing was done. They initially said only a few holes before Rory Mcllroy revealed that they played a full round. The WH then responded by saying that he only meant to play a few holes.

It's stupid but these are the kinds of stories you get when you complain about someone else doing it and then outright lie about you doing it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-golf-game-rory-mcilroy-235211

(02-21-2017, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trump eventually disavowed the birther movement gave his support to Obama's citizenship too

Am I supposed to believe you meant this a serious comment and you believe what Trump did and what Hills did is even remotely the same? 

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - bfine32 - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 02:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's stupid but these are the kinds of stories you get when you complain about someone else doing it and then outright lie about you doing it.

Especially in the 'gotcha" society we currently live in.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - GMDino - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 02:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In other news, Trump accused Obama of always vacationing and playing golf and said he would never leave the White House.

So far 25% of his term has been spent in Florida and he played a full round of golf this weekend. Golfing is obviously not a big deal, everyone deserves some down time. However, the White House attempted to downplay how much golfing was done. They initially said only a few holes before Rory Mcllroy revealed that they played a full round. The WH then responded by saying that he only meant to play a few holes.

It's stupid but these are the kinds of stories you get when you complain about someone else doing it and then outright lie about you doing it.

And this stuff is the little annoying stuff that shouldn't even be news...except EVERYTHING Trump does is news because they are in a constant state of lying and spin to cover the lies.

(02-21-2017, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for telling me why I'm mad. No doubt I have flooded this forum with Threads expressing my anger. It has drowned out the more rational threads created here.

I have no idea why you put defending in quotes. Of course I'm defending him against these alligations of racisim.

Not one person would assoiciate Trump with the birther movement since 2012 until he annouced his candidacy and someone dug something he said a few (not quite 8) years back.

Here a synopsis of his cultivation. Let's all look at it with an open-mind:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-perpetuated-birther-movement-years/story?id=42138176.

He questioned it orginally because he thought he was going to be running against Obama. But you guys roll with Because he's racist; it sells.

Why did Trump continue his charade for years after it was clear he wouldn't run against Obama?  What was the political motivation in August 2012 and beyond?

(02-21-2017, 03:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Especially in the 'gotcha" society we currently live in.

Especially the "gotcha" society Trump actively participated in against his predecessor, Obama. 

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - GMDino - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for telling me why I'm mad. No doubt I have flooded this forum with Threads expressing my anger. It has drowned out the more rational threads created here.

No problem.  Just returning the favor.

Of course your RESPONDING to every thread is just you being "more rational".

(02-21-2017, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no idea why you put defending in quotes. Of course I'm defending him against these alligations of racisim.

Because time and again folks say they are "not defending Trump" when that is all they do.  Especially when they "didn't vote for Trump."

(02-21-2017, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not one person would assoiciate Trump with the birther movement since 2012 until he annouced his candidacy and someone dug something he said a few (not quite 8) years back.

Here a synopsis of his cultivation. Let's all look at it with an open-mind:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-perpetuated-birther-movement-years/story?id=42138176.

He questioned it orginally because he thought he was going to be running against Obama. But you guys roll with Because he's racist; it sells.

Did you seriously just say that and then link a story showing he continuously talked about it after 2012?

Quote:Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump acknowledged for the first time today that President Obama was born in the United States -- after years of leading the "birther" movement, casting doubt on the president's birthplace and fueling a raft of conspiracy theories.

Trump, in fact, refused to acknowledge that Obama was born in Hawaii even yesterday in an interview published in the Washington Post, more than five years after the president released his long-form birth certificate.

The real estate mogul repeatedly called for the President to release his full birth certificate and questioned the authenticity of the documents once he did so. As a presidential candidate, he has declined to say the President was born in the United States -- until today.

Seriously?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/67-times-donald-trump-tweeted-birther-movement/story?id=42145590

I guess that kind of "open mindedness" goes with the delusion that we should "give him a chance" ™ and not criticize anything unless you think it is important enough.  

Rock On

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - Dill - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Got it. Go with he's a racist.

Just don't be surprised at the reaction when the wolf really shows up.

You've already agreed the wolf is there. 

We are only arguing the big difference between the wolf who kills sheep because he really hates them and the wolf who jsut kills sheep because the opportunity was there.  

(02-21-2017, 03:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because time and again folks say they are "not defending Trump" when that is all they do.  Especially when they "didn't vote for Trump."

The emotional investment in Trump is clear.

The puzzle is why people who "didn't support Trump" feel such a strong need to say he is not "really" misogynist or racist or whatever the issue is at the moment. Why the need to separate his responsibility for his actions from his actions, while making others responsible for actions they never took (e.g., Hillary promoting birtherism)?

Perhaps this has something to do with the larger Trump political brand--the dissing of the press and condescending "elites."

(02-21-2017, 02:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How do you tell the difference?

But it seems "urban poor" is just another name for black people so it goes right up there next to "black" and African American".

If you don't see the difference between saying "blacks need to get off welfare" and "urban poor would benefit from welfare reform" or the problem with using "urban poor" interchangeably with "black", then you don't want to go into politics.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - michaelsean - 02-22-2017

(02-21-2017, 10:14 PM)Dill Wrote: If you don't see the difference between saying "blacks need to get off welfare" and "urban poor would benefit from welfare reform" or the problem with using "urban poor" interchangeably with "black", then you don't want to go into politics.

No how can you tell that the evil ones are talking about blacks and the good guy are talking about whites, blacks, and Latinos?

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - bfine32 - 02-22-2017

(02-21-2017, 10:14 PM)Dill Wrote: If you don't see the difference between saying "blacks need to get off welfare" and "urban poor would benefit from welfare reform" or the problem with using "urban poor" interchangeably with "black", then you don't want to go into politics.

Why not? Would this lack of political correctness kill any chances of excelling in the field? You most likely meant you don't want to go into politics as a liberal. 

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 02:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why not? Would this lack of political correctness kill any chances of excelling in the field? You most likely meant you don't want to go into politics as a liberal. 

Dude, in this one thread you've gone from repeating Trump's lies to denying you repeated Trump's lies.

In other words, you're a little, mini Trump. 

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - hollodero - 02-22-2017

(02-21-2017, 03:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Especially in the 'gotcha" society we currently live in.

Yeah well. It might not be the topic of utmost importance, but this whole vacation and golfing behaviour sure puts hypocrisy on a whole new level. There's really no reasonable way around it.

Then again, fans eat up almost anything these days, it seems. Won't last forever, though.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - GMDino - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 09:21 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah well. It might not be the topic of utmost importance, but this whole vacation and golfing behaviour sure puts hypocrisy on a whole new level. There's really no reasonable way around it.

Then again, fans eat up almost anything these days, it seems. Won't last forever, though.

That get's spun into "Obama voters didn't care!!!11!!1!!!"

And to be honest I did not.

I don't care now.

Except for the sheer hypocrisy and complete denial.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - Rotobeast - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 07:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: In other words, you're a little, mini Trump. 

Awwwww....shit !!
Popcorn

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - michaelsean - 02-22-2017

Hey could everybody reply to my posts a little quicker? I'm bored a F at work today.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - bfine32 - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 09:21 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah well. It might not be the topic of utmost importance, but this whole vacation and golfing behaviour sure puts hypocrisy on a whole new level. There's really no reasonable way around it.

Does anyone claim that Trump had a monopoly in questioning a sitting President's vacation habits? Politicians do it to each other all the time. This kind of points to the motivation of my left "end game" thread. They are digging themselves a hole. 

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - hollodero - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 12:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does anyone claim that Trump had a monopoly in questioning a sitting President's vacation habits?

Nope. Would be a strange claim, anyhow.

(02-22-2017, 12:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Politicians do it to each other all the time. This kind of points to the motivation of my left "end game" thread. They are digging themselves a hole. 

He sure spends a lot for himself. He sure roasted the one who spent less then a tenth for said spending a lot. That's just true, nothing more. I don't dig holes for anyone. The topic bores me already while typing, so whatever.