Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is (/Thread-I-don-t-think-you-guys-realize-HOW-GOOD-JaMarr-Chase-is)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Shake n Blake - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why not? 3 different WR’s saw 100+ targets in Taylor’s 11 personnel last season.

Probably because our expensive RB was hurt, so we passed more out of necessity.

If we keep passing at that rate, then I'd want to trade Mixon, as his production wouldn't match his contract.

What is our identity here? If it's anything other than pass first, then Boyd won't see enough targets. If it's pass first, then Mixon won't be worth his contract.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Frank Booth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Probably because our expensive RB was hurt, so we passed more out of necessity.

If we keep passing at that rate, then I'd want to trade Mixon, as his production wouldn't match his contract.

What is our identity here? If it's anything other than pass first, then Boyd won't see enough targets. If it's pass first, then Mixon won't be worth his contract.

you make too much sense

making sense doesnt work in here

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nicomo Cosca - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: 2 weaknesses. Offensive line, and defense

but no, people want to buy receiver jerseys.

Did you sleep through FA? It was almost entirely defense. For the second year in a row now.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Shake n Blake - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The 90’s were also (mostly) pre-Tobin. It’s hard to say they would do things the same way they did back then.

If they pass on Sewell for a shiny position player 6 months after a catastrophic injury to the franchise QB, you'll have your answer.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Frank Booth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you sleep through FA? It was almost entirely defense. For the second year in a row now.

yea, and the defense still needs to get better

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll just add this. If Sewell falls in our laps due to an unprecedented run on QBs, and the Bengals pass on him after what happened to Burrow, they will be a laughingstock to the national media once again...and rightfully so.

If we take Chase, I'll immediately hope for Boyd to get traded, because there's no way his production will match his contract with Chase and Higgins on the roster.

I usually agree with you Shake as you know but not here. You have to look at the player and the positions that are deep in the 
Draft as a whole. You shouldn't take Sewell without doing your homework on the other players that should be available to you.

This Draft is EXTREMELY deep with quality OT's.

Never even seen a player like Kyle Pitts come out. He is like Megatron mixed with Darren Waller. He can play WR or TE and is a
matchup nightmare for any team you play. It is entirely possible we can get any of Eichenberg, Cosmi, Leatherwood, Little, Darunz
in the 2nd round and one of them could be just as good as Sewell especially in pass blocking early on.

We will not find another Kyle Pitts maybe ever. 4.46 Forty at 6'6" that runs crisp routes, has great hands and an 80+ inch wing
span? I am not going to be ignorant of this player or of Chase who had a better year with Burrow than Jefferson even did.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nicomo Cosca - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: werent jordan and redmond playing because of injuries?

exaggerating to make my point?

by saying the bengals had the worst line?

THAT's exaggerating? It's not far off from the truth.

very annoying from you

I tried.

[Image: 200.gif]

(03-31-2021, 05:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If they pass on Sewell for a shiny position player 6 months after a catastrophic injury to the franchise QB, you'll have your answer.

Unless we take a guy in the 2nd who comes in and plays well. Why some of you are acting like that’s completely impossible is beyond me.

(03-31-2021, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I usually agree with you Shake as you know but not here. You have to look at the player and the positions that are deep in the 
Draft as a whole. You shouldn't take Sewell without doing your homework on the other players that should be available to you.

This Draft is EXTREMELY deep with quality OT's.

Never even seen a player like Kyle Pitts come out. He is like Megatron mixed with Darren Waller. He can play WR or TE and is a
matchup nightmare for any team you play. It is entirely possible we can get any of Eichenberg, Cosmi, Leatherwood, Little, Darunz
in the 2nd round and one of them could be just as good as Sewell especially in pass blocking early on.

We will not find another Kyle Pitts maybe ever. 4.46 Forty at 6'6" that runs crisp routes, has great hands and an 80+ inch wing
span? I am not going to be ignorant of this player or of Chase who had a better year with Burrow than Jefferson even did.

That's fine bud. I don't take it personally when people disagree with me. I'm not Michael Jordan and I won't drop 60 on you.

To your post, any time people say we can go with a lineman or two later, I think the reverse is also true. We can always get speed on the outside later as well. And which is a bigger need right now?

I think the answer is obvious. Line is the bigger need. Wrap that up with the elite prospect, then look for speed later, maybe with a couple picks.

I'd feel better about Chase if they did address the interior later...but it Sewell is the guy people claim he is, we'd really wrap that problem up for 10 years. Look at it this way...if someone offered you Whitworth or Chad Johnson (both in their primes) which do you think would help Burrow more right now?

(03-31-2021, 05:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unless we take a guy in the 2nd who comes in and plays well. Why some of you are acting like that’s completely impossible is beyond me.

Didn't say it was impossible, but it's certainly less likely.

If it truly doesn't matter, then why do you need Chase at the top? We could always find someone in the 2nd who comes in and plays well (cough.. like Higgins..cough).

Anyways, I've said my peace in this thread. I don't want to argue all day about this. We'll see how this plays out.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Whatever - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Take away Marv's years and how do those numbers stack up? Also, Taking Sewell would help us fix the interior problem as well. Mike has always placed heavy value on skill position players...based on both picks and money spent retaining players. He has never valued interior line.

So yes, it is a Mike Brown way of thinking.

In non Marvin years, OL outnumbered WR 3 to 1.  In Marvin years, OL outnumbered WR 4 to 2.

The only position groups MB has drafted less than WR in the 1st are RB and TE.  

The problem is that you have people who are pushing a "build through the trenches" approach, but don't want to admit that has been MB's draft philosophy because if that was the case, that philosophy will have proven ineffective.  They then try to shift it to "shiny toys" when there is no factual basis for such. a philosophy.

(03-31-2021, 05:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Didn't say it was impossible, but it's certainly less likely.

If it truly doesn't matter, then why do you need Chase at the top? We could always find someone in the 2nd who comes in and plays well (cough.. like Higgins..cough).

Anyways, I've said my peace in this thread. I don't want to argue all day about this. We'll see how this plays out.

Just for the record I’m all for taking Sewell. I’ll be very happy with that pick. I’m just making a case for the world not ending if we don’t. There’s a couple other very special players that are going to be sitting there. We’re getting an elite prospect no matter what.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - bfine32 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unless we take a guy in the 2nd who comes in and plays well. Why some of you are acting like that’s completely impossible is beyond me.

Ask yourself:

Are the chances of getting a WR equal to Chase in the 2nd rd. better or worse than getting an OT equal to Sewell?

Let's see what Rashod Bateman does tomorrow compared to what Chase did today.

WTS, I've been on the Devonta over Chase wagon and with Smith's reluctance to test and Chase knocking it out of the park, that has changed.

My only "negative" about Chase: I thought he was about 6'2" 220 

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's fine bud. I don't take it personally when people disagree with me. I'm not Michael Jordan and I won't drop 60 on you.

To your post, any time people say we can go with a lineman or two later, I think the reverse is also true. We can always get speed on the outside later as well. And which is a bigger need right now?

I think the answer is obvious. Line is the bigger need. Wrap that up with the elite prospect, then look for speed later, maybe with a couple picks.

I'd feel better about Chase if they did address the interior later...but it Sewell is the guy people claim he is, we'd really wrap that problem up for 10 years. Look at it this way...if someone offered you Whitworth or Chad Johnson (both in their primes) which do you think would help Burrow more right now?

The thing about Sewell is he will take time in the pass blocking department cause he tends to grab on the outside of the End's
shoulders. If we do take him and he is a penalty machine as a rookie I wouldn't be surprised.

Honestly I am arguing more for Pitts than Chase here. I love Chase but there have been prospects that have come out like him
before and there will again, could even find a player like Chase later in the Draft or maybe get Marshall the other LSU WR after
Sewell in the 2nd.

But there might never be another Kyle Pitts with his size, speed, route running, hands. He just ran a 4.44 forty at his Florida 
Pro Day BTW right in front of Zac. This guy has to be considered even with Sewell there IMO. If this Draft wasn't deep with 
OT's I would be right there with you, but it is extremely deep.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Wes Mantooth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: and the people here pounding the desk for Chase and Pitts are those exact people lmaoo

it's like they're conditioned

good little consumers

You must not read the boards too much if you consider someone like me, who's calling for Pitts, a "good little consumer".

It's almost as if you're talking completely out of your ass.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Wes Mantooth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll just add this. If Sewell falls in our laps due to an unprecedented run on QBs, and the Bengals pass on him after what happened to Burrow, they will be a laughingstock to the national media once again.

Again? Ninja

(03-31-2021, 05:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: werent jordan and redmond playing because of injuries?

And you asked me if I even watched the games?

Jordan has been penciled in as a starter since day 1.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - mikey6866 - 03-31-2021

I love chase pitts and sewell. I think all 3 are gonna be all pro type players. The decision for the bengals is easy though. We rufuse to pay what it takes to get olineman in fa. We absolutely have to draft sewell. We need guys on oline that can immediately start and be huge upgrades. Reiff on 1 yr deal we have virtually no depth and beyond this year we need 4 starting caliber olineman. Beyond just drafting sewell I also believe that we have to go oline again in rd 2 or at latest round 3. We have to come out of this draft with at least 2 good offensive lineman that are not huge projects and would be able to start this year.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - samhain - 03-31-2021

It's really not worth arguing when it comes to Sewell, Pitts and Chase IMO. I can't really see myself being anything but incredibly excited about getting any of those guys, which, barring trade is all but a lock to happen. Every Bengal fan should be glad they sucked bad enough, and that they desire for quarterbacks among other teams is high enough, to even make this a debate.

(03-31-2021, 06:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: And you asked me if I even watched the games?

Jordan has been penciled in as a starter since day 1.

oh wow I though they were both back ups, but it turns out only 1 of them was.

how absolutely silly of me

please, refer me to some pff stats