Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - kalibengal - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 07:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes.

Whats up with Kennan Ivory  Waynes and his contract ? 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - MileHighGrowler - 03-18-2022

The Bengals are taking the Midwestern approach to this visit. Talk, relax, have a drink and some dinner. No rush. As long as he's not somewhere else, he's not going to sign with someone else. And honestly, I like the approach. Because when guys sign after that, they have already started to establish chemistry and have bought in more than just showing up, being shown a pile of money and a quick tour and that's it.

Bengaldom is antsy as hell over this (myself included), but I don't see it as a negative when we've been hearing for a while he was going to spend the day and finish with dinner tonight.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Whatever - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:06 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Whats up with Kennan Ivory  Waynes and his contract ? 

He gets 10% of every dime his kids make.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jeremydc - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:12 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The Bengals are taking the Midwestern approach to this visit.  Talk, relax, have a drink and some dinner.  No rush.  As long as he's not somewhere else, he's not going to sign with someone else.  And honestly, I like the approach.  Because when guys sign after that, they have already started to establish chemistry and have bought in more than just showing up, being shown a pile of money and a quick tour and that's it.  

Bengaldom is antsy as hell over this (myself included), but I don't see it as a negative when we've been hearing for a while he was going to spend the day and finish with dinner tonight.

Makes sense.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - SunsetBengal - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:12 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The Bengals are taking the Midwestern approach to this visit.  Talk, relax, have a drink and some dinner.  No rush.  As long as he's not somewhere else, he's not going to sign with someone else.  And honestly, I like the approach.  Because when guys sign after that, they have already started to establish chemistry and have bought in more than just showing up, being shown a pile of money and a quick tour and that's it.  

Do you think for a moment that Collins' agent isn't actively texting other parties as to what the current offer is, checking to see if they'll beat it?  I know, it sounds grimy, but sports pimping is a grimy business.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Soonerpeace - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:12 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The Bengals are taking the Midwestern approach to this visit. Talk, relax, have a drink and some dinner. No rush. As long as he's not somewhere else, he's not going to sign with someone else. And honestly, I like the approach. Because when guys sign after that, they have already started to establish chemistry and have bought in more than just showing up, being shown a pile of money and a quick tour and that's it.

Mike Brown probably wanted to meet him and feel him out with his past issue

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Joelist - 03-18-2022

Make the baseline offer to make him the highest paid RT in the NFL and work off of that.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mike Brown probably wanted to meet him and feel him out with his past issue

I think that is more you and your "guard rails" than the Bengals bringing up an issue over 2 years old regarding a substance that is no longer banned... that would be pretty terrible courting skills....

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - psychdoctor - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think that is more you and your "guard rails" than the Bengals bringing up an issue over 2 years old regarding a substance that is no longer banned... that would be pretty terrible courting skills....

I think no news is good news in my opinion.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think no news is good news in my opinion.

I think so... if LC ends up at dinner with Burrow tonight we can feel very good about the process.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Joelist - 03-18-2022

So all the dinners except Mikey's are spiked with Sodium Pentathol (to make the others susceptible to suggestion)?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - fredtoast - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:12 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The Bengals are taking the Midwestern approach to this visit. 

Did you see the video of Ja'Marr's crib?

La'el's gonna be knee deep in sweet midwestern corn-fed booty on that top level tonight.

The Apostrophe Brothers will be crushing it.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - MileHighGrowler - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you think for a moment that Collins' agent isn't actively texting other parties as to what the current offer is, checking to see if they'll beat it?  I know, it sounds grimy, but sports pimping is a grimy business.

Of course I think that.  But Collins can't sign a piece of paper at another office if he's in Cincy, which was my point.  His main focus while he's in town is the team he's visiting.  His agent can do whatever he wants in the meantime.  If Collins spends a day with the team and is sold, I don't think his agent telling him he could get 2M more somewhere else has the same effect as if he was onsite with that other team being offered the extra $$. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - phil413 - 03-18-2022

What's the update on project "steakout" as someone mentioned. Someone should be tailing him for our saint's sake.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - kalibengal - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:53 PM)phil413 Wrote: What's the update on project "steakout" as someone mentioned.  Someone should be tailing him for our saint's sake.

all its going to take now to close the deal is a little Joey B, Mixon, the LSU connections, some top shelf whiskey and a 64 OZ Tomahawk Steak with a big scoop of mashys.....and maybe some ladies  
Question: We are all acting like this guy is the second coming of Munoz....but really how good is he compared to the Trent Williams of the world?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Frank Booth - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 09:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: all its going to take now to close the deal is a little Joey B, Mixon, the LSU connections, some top shelf whiskey and a 64 OZ Tomahawk Steak with a big scoop of mashys.....and maybe some ladies  
Question: We are all acting like this guy is the second coming of Munoz....but really how good is he compared to the Trent Williams of the world?

If we’re talking right tackles, he’s prob top 5

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:53 PM)phil413 Wrote: What's the update on project "steakout" as someone mentioned. Someone should be tailing him for our saint's sake.

This is a good point but we need to check high end seafood places too; it’s Friday and it’s Lent. To pad our chances of success we need a “stake (steak) out” and a “fish out” too.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WeezyBengal - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 09:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is a good point but we need to check high end seafood places too; it’s Friday and it’s Lent. To pad our chances of we need a “stake (steak) out” and a “fish out” too.

Ruby's has the best raw bar in the city. It's all good. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - phil413 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 09:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is a good point but we need to check high end seafood places too; it’s Friday and it’s Lent. To pad our chances of we need a “stake (steak) out” and a “fish out” too.

Good call.  They're seeing how he handles the seabass and glass. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Tony - 03-18-2022

Just sign the guy already... Christ