Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. (/Thread-This-is-the-Worst-Free-Agency-I-ve-Ever-Seen-since-Burrow-was-Drafted)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Synric - 03-15-2023

Patriots just signed James Robinson 2y/8m. I still don't know why Robinson didn't get more talk hes better than Jamaal Williams.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Luvnit2 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 10:32 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: We always spend to the limit. I just think our limit isn't the same limit the rest of the league is working with.

Please show us one year in last 5 years Bengals have not spent and then rolled over the rest into the following year to have money to spend.

It amazes me how some just make statements in this forum that at far from accurate to drive their on narratives.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - THE PISTONS - 03-15-2023

Supposedly Chiefs in on CJGJ. Mahommes restructured.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NUGDUKWE - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 10:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Please show us one year in last 5 years Bengals have not spent and then rolled over the rest into the following year to have money to spend.

It amazes me how some just make statements in this forum that at far from accurate to drive their on narratives.

I just mean other teams utilize restructuring contracts to signing bonuses to create cap space. Do the Bengals do this? I know people will say that money doesn't evaporate off the cap it gets spread over the next few years and to think about the future. But the future is right the f now. The Chiefs just cleared more cap space with Mahomes contract to potentially still be in play this FA. We might spend the limit but we don't push the envelope like a lot of teams are doing right now.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - THE PISTONS - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 10:46 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I just mean other teams utilize restructuring contracts to signing bonuses to create cap space. Do the Bengals do this? I know people will say that money doesn't evaporate off the cap it gets spread over the next few years and to think about the future. But the future is right the f now. The Chiefs just cleared more cap space with Mahomes contract to potentially still be in play this FA. We might spend the limit but we don't push the envelope like a lot of teams are doing right now.

We have cap space. Guaranteed money appears to be the issue.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NUGDUKWE - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 10:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have cap space. Guaranteed money appears to be the issue.

Which is just so mind boggling to me. Are we still butt hurt over Antonio Bryant. That's probably about the only instance I can think of a guaranteed amount hurting you. I mean Wayne's barely played and still got well over 50% of his contract because your not giving up on a guy because he got hurt. So why not guarantee it. They're going to get the money anyway so just give them the security. I'm not guarantee the whole thing. Most of these contracts I'm seeing don't even have 50% guaranteed.

(03-15-2023, 10:58 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Which is just so mind boggling to me. Are we still butt hurt over Antonio Bryant. That's probably about the only instance I can think of a guaranteed amount hurting you. I mean Wayne's barely played and still got well over 50% of his contract because your not giving up on a guy because he got hurt. So why not guarantee it. They're going to get the money anyway so just give them the security. I'm not guarantee the whole thing. Most of these contracts I'm seeing don't even have 50% guaranteed.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - RunKijanaRun - 03-15-2023

Guess Mixon will not be cut or re-structured
They may sign a body or two on the OL but no splash signees.
Appears almost certain they’re going to transition Williams or Evans to replace Perine.
I don’t see them spending what Gardner-Johnson will command. That leaves some rather average options at safety. I cannot see them bypassing the position completely, but they just might.
TE? Maybe a Gesicki. Probably not signing anyone. Would almost guarantee we’re drafting a TE in round one. Mayer or Washington. Maybe Kincaid.

I don’t know what their plan is, but it’s almost as if they’re going to fill all the holes via the draft or young players already on the roster.

I’m a little concerned. No panic. Yet. But anxious.

(03-15-2023, 10:59 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Guess Mixon will not be cut or re-structured
They may sign a body or two on the OL but no splash signees.
Appears almost certain they’re going to transition Williams or Evans to replace Perine.
I don’t see them spending what Gardner-Johnson will command. That leaves some rather average options at safety. I cannot see them bypassing the position completely, but they just might.
TE? Maybe a Gesicki. Probably not signing anyone. Would almost guarantee we’re drafting a TE in round one. Mayer or Washington. Maybe Kincaid.

I don’t know what their plan is, but it’s almost as if they’re going to fill all the holes via the draft or young players already on the roster.

I’m a little concerned. No panic. Yet. But anxious.

They'll sign a te. They'll draft at a position that commands a premium in free agency to get cheap talent for 5 years. OT, CB, DE is my guess in Round 1.

They don't use a te enough in passing game to draft one high. 

(03-15-2023, 10:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:  

I really don't think we sign Tee. Or at least at this point I kind of hope not because it's gonna cost so much. But I've heard on Burrow for instance if we signed him to an extension that it would really just be adding years on to his existing contract so the big cap hits wouldn't come until a couple years later.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-15-2023

WGAF about the second year guaranteed money? We never cut people in Y2 to clear space anyway. 

I am starting to get salty. Patience yes. But do not be a fanatical d!ckwad in terms of negotiations. They are not gonna be guys worth that $30 mil in cap space left if we do not move soon. We are trying to win a SB here. Who cares about the 2nd year guarantees THAT EVERYONE BUT US IS PAYING. 

Whatever Mike Brown or Duke Tobin's "philosophy" is needs to change, because they have not won anything. Ever. 

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - BengalFanInCanada - 03-15-2023

What are people saying now?

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Housh - 03-15-2023

There is a reason we all clowned you when you made this thread

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Luvnit2 - 03-15-2023

Bengals agree to sign LT Brown
The Cincinnati Bengals signed former Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Orlando Brown Jr. to a four-year, $64 million contract with a $31 million signing bonus, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported. The bonus is the highest ever for an offensive lineman.

Day 1 of FA

Now some of you can remove your diapers, crapping and peeing all over yourself

It is a new FO, trust in the process. They had a plan and just WOW!!!!!!!!

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - casear2727 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals agree to sign LT Brown
The Cincinnati Bengals signed former Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Orlando Brown Jr. to a four-year, $64 million contract with a $31 million signing bonus, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported. The bonus is the highest ever for an offensive lineman.

Day 1 of FA

Now some of you can remove your diapers, crapping and peeing all over yourself

It is a new FO, trust in the process. They had a plan and just WOW!!!!!!!!

The OP "NotBigzo", is a straight up troll.  At least JJ is still here, I will cut him some slack.

This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - BenZoo2 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The OP "NotBigzo", is a straight up troll.  At least JJ is still here, I will cut him some slack.

I won’t. Rebuild my aZZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NotBigzo - 03-15-2023

This dude got clapped by Trey Hendrickson on the regular.

The fact that KC went with a RT to play LT tells me they could know something here. This is kind of SUS.

But the versitility that this brings to existing O line problems leaves the possibilities endless.

Jonah/La'el to RT or RG? Volson is now a detph piece. Jackson is back packing I guess.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Bengalstripes9 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: This dude got clapped by Trey Hendrickson on the regular.

The fact that KC went with a RT to play LT tells me they could know something here. This is kind of SUS.

I gotta give you props man. You are entertaining!  Hilarious