Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams Requests Trade (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-Requests-Trade)

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - bfine32 - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 08:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You are normally spot on, but no Jonah's 12.6 million is guaranteed. So either we pay him or trade him, cutting is not an option and teams know this as well.

It's why I said they know they can't wait until we cut him. 

So my spot on record is still in tact

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengalholic - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 07:34 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Rams, Bears and Steelers come to mind. 

Rams are in sort of pickle because of the deal they gave Notebloom.

Maybe they could trade Havenstein for Jonah, and then move Notebloom to RT.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengalholic - 03-17-2023

The most realistic possible scenarios seem to be:

Patriots: could move Brown back to RT and make Reiff swing tackle. They have a bunch of 4th's and 6th's
Jets: with Becton reportedly moving to RT
Bears: they were in on Orlando, but still have Jones
Titans: signed Dillard to play LT, but maybe they could move him to LG, with Brunskill going to his more natural RG
Rams: could trade Havenstein (who's been rumored on the trade block for 2 years) for Jonah and move Notebloom to RT
Bucs: they'd have find a way to clear 12m more in cap somehow

Steelers need a LT, but I don't think the Bengals would trade with them.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - pulses - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 08:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The most realistic possible scenarios seem to be:

Patriots: could move Brown back to RT and make Reiff swing tackle. They have a bunch of 4th's and 6th's
Titans: signed Dillard to play LT, but maybe they could move him to LG, with Brunskill going to his more natural RG
Rams: could trade Havenstein (who's been rumored on the trade block for 2 years) for Jonah and move Notebloom to RT

Jonah for Havenstein sounds good to me

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - OSUfan - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 08:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The most realistic possible scenarios seem to be:

Could possibly trade Williams to the Rams for the 77th selection in the 3rd or to the Jets for the 112th in the 4th. I believe both of those scenarios could be realistic as long as Williams clears medicals.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - samhain - 03-17-2023

I'd gladly get the 12 mil he's due off the books, but I think Jonah is making a huge mistake here.

I can't say whether or not he'd excel at RT. Idk. Either way, he's missing a chance to bet on himself and earn a huge payday. RTs were in high demand this week. They may not demand the 22 plus mil that elite LTs get, but the good ones are well into the 20 mil range. Taylor showed that you don't even have to play LT to get huge money to play LT elsewhere.

If he moved to RT and balled out, he'd be in high demand next offseason. Pride is a strange thing.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Destro - 03-17-2023

I request we have gotten someone else with a first round pick, but here we are.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - bonesaw - 03-17-2023

Hypothetically I feel if a team traded for a #1 WR and their current #1 WR asked for a trade because he didn't want to be/play #2 WR most people would be bashing the guy asking for the trade. You guys are being pretty easy on Jonah. So I'll be the one to call him a *****. Jonah...you being bitchmade

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Frank Booth - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 10:30 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Hypothetically I feel if a team traded for a #1 WR and their current #1 WR asked for a trade because he didn't want to be/play #2 WR most people would be bashing the guy asking for the trade. You guys are being pretty easy on Jonah. So I'll be the one to call him a *****. Jonah...you being bitchmade

Juwan Taylor just got a big payday, and he’s worse than Jonah

I’m not mad at Jonah for this at all

I’d like for him to play RT this season then get the LT payday from another team. Team’s will overpay for a starting caliber left tackle

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - BengalBob - 03-17-2023

Just trade him for a punter and call it a day

(03-17-2023, 10:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Juwan Taylor just got a big payday, and he’s worse than Jonah

I’m not mad at Jonah for this at all

I’d like for him to play RT this season then get the LT payday from another team. Team’s will overpay for a starting caliber left tackle

That's kinda my point.  If he was a WR everyone would be calling him a diva and selfish but he's getting a pass for some reason.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Murdock2420 - 03-17-2023

But if they did then you'd have the comfort of Hendrickson blowing up Pickett from his blind side play after play.

Get a draft pick and make their line worse? Yes please.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 10:38 PM)bonesaw Wrote: That's kinda my point.  If he was a WR everyone would be calling him a diva and selfish but he's getting a pass for some reason.

He played on a dislocated kneecap most of last season. I think that is worth something, no? 

(03-17-2023, 10:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He played on a dislocated kneecap most of last season. I think that is worth something, no? 

IF you can play you play.  Doesn't give you a pass to throw a hissy fit.  

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Go Cards - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: I really liked the pick when it was made. A lot. He just never lived up to it. Hopefully we can get decent value out of him on draft day. The extra 12.6 will help some too.

Exactly to those asking why move him for a 3rd when a 3rd comp pick may be coming. 

$12.6 million extra to spend on somebody that wants to be here is why.

if Ocho Cinco asked for a trade because they signed Terell Owens 90% of y'all would've lost your minds.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Mgbrown66 - 03-17-2023

Where’s this long list of RT’s available in free agency RIGHT NOW that would be less than 12m a year?

Collins wont be ready until November. Who is going to play RT game 1? Jonah has NFL snaps. Keep him.

And before anyone tells me Carmen, you REALLY want to trust #9 to that?

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - 007BengalsFan - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 11:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Exactly to those asking why move him for a 3rd when a 3rd comp pick may be coming. 

$12.6 million extra to spend on somebody that wants to be here is why.

We have lost a chance at 2 possible Super Bowls because of the O-line.  If nothing else Williams would provide great depth for this year's Super Bowl run.  Keep Williams for this year and we still end up with a potential 3rd round comp pick.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengalstripes9 - 03-17-2023

This is amazing news.
If we can get a 3rd (or more) and free up all that cap space…

draft a tight end or running back or guard or other position,
AND add a legit player in FA.
No brainer.

Really happy he requested a trade.
Otherwise we likely keep him.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Mgbrown66 - 03-17-2023

FREE UP THAT CAP SPACE FOR WHO???