Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jonah Williams Requests Trade
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/03/bengals-lt-jonah-williams-requests-trade
Reply/Quote
According to Ian Rapoport Jonah Williams has, thru his agent, requested a trade.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Apparently he is not as happy about doing whatever the teams needs him to do as he stated he was.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:44 AM)OSUfan Wrote: According to Ian Rapoport Jonah Williams has thru his agent requested a trade.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Not surprised.
Had a feeling this was probably coming after Bengals signed Brown and Pollack said he's going to be the LT.
I don't blame Williams for not wanting to transition back to RT after 5+ years of playing LT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wonder what kind of pick he would net. He is still young and has had some decent years before last. If we are lucky maybe we can get a 2nd, but I kinda doubt it. 4th or 5th seem more likely.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Well...I guess he's not too keen on switching positions.

Wonder if we could get a 3rd Round pick for him?
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing a 3rd rounder at best. Happy to be wrong.
Reply/Quote
Wish the bengals had signed Riley Reiff as insurance
Reply/Quote
Good. He is an avg player. If the Bengals get a 2nd for him it would be a gift.

I'm not 100% sure this is Williams idea to begin with. Reports came out yesterday that the Bengals told Cody Ford he could compete ti start at his prefered position.... RIGHT TACKLE

A GREAT trade partner for Jonah would be the Bears. They have tons of draft capital, missed out on Brown. need O lone help, and make STUPID decisions.
Reply/Quote
This is not unexpected. But unfortunate. Of course, we don't have to give him a trade. And he probably ain't worth much.

We maybe could get another unhappy player.

It would open up more cap space if we traded him for a pick. Go get Dalton Schultz or Gardner-Johnson. Or both.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Not surprised.
Had a feeling this was probably coming after Bengals signed Brown and Pollack said he's going to be the LT.
I don't blame Williams for not wanting to transition back to RT after 5+ years of playing LT.

Well news flash for Jonah...he just is not a great LT. So you can be a RT on a contender with as a good a chance as anyone to win it all or you can go be a mediocre LT somewhere else with far less chance of winning it all. He is coming off of a season where he gave up the most sacks in the league and were near that top of the league in pressures allowed.  He was also the one that stated that he would do whatever the team needed him to do. 
Reply/Quote
Not surprised. I figured he was gone after the season anyway because he wanted to play LT. The problem with his wanting to be traded is that it disadvantages the Bengals in trade negotiations.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:44 AM)OSUfan Wrote: According to Ian Rapoport Jonah Williams has, thru his agent, requested a trade.

Apparently he is not as happy about doing whatever the teams needs him to do as he stated he was.

LT's want to play LT
Reply/Quote
I like having him on the team for OL depth while competing for a job but I'd also be okay if he is traded immediately for a draft pick. I'd imagine interest in him and his value is low. 4th or 5th rounder at best?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:46 AM)Garrus Wrote: Wonder what kind of pick he would net. He is still young and has had some decent years before last. If we are lucky maybe we can get a 2nd, but I kinda doubt it. 4th or 5th seem more likely.

Not a high one as the team would take him with on his 5th year option budget of about 12.5 mil.

So maybe a 5th.    but i wouldnt expect higher. as its a 1 year rental if a longer deal cant be reached
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:48 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm guessing a 3rd rounder at best. Happy to be wrong.

By Jonah publicly requesting a trade, the Bengals are disadvantaged in trade negotiations. So, how much the Bengals would get back goes down a notch. I figured he would play the season and then go the free-agent route and leave. Didn't expect him to publicly announce he wants to leave now.
Reply/Quote
I guess the whole LG idea is out of the question too Jonah? lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
So if he is traded does his 12 million come
Off the books?
Trade him please. Tired of seeing Myles Garrett destroy
Him 2 games a year.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps this is also why the team signed Ford? There has to be some bodies playing the OL position. I'm guessing Duke and Zac anticipated signing Brown would lead to Jonah's request. Thus, they went out and signed Ford with understanding they'd be losing an OL and needed depth at the position.
Reply/Quote
I'd shop him immediately. Don't know if we trade him if we are still stuck with his salary consequences. But in general, an unhappy player is a bad situation.
Reply/Quote
Get Hue Jackson on the phone!
Reply/Quote