Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jonah Williams Requests Trade
(03-17-2023, 12:42 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Steelers and Jets were rumored to have interest in Brown before the Bengals signed him. Let's offer Jonah to either squad and try and fleece them out of a pick.

Act quickly with the Jets before they give all their picks to the Packers in a Rodgers deal.

I have no interest in helping the Steelers at all.  I'd take a 4th from the Jets before a 2nd from the Steelers.  I wouldn't even listen to a trade offer from them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:44 PM)Webbtown Wrote: What team is that desperate for a LT that they would pay Jonah Williams 12 million dollars?

The Broncos paid Mike McGlinchey 80 million...and he is not that good. The tackle market always exists even for average tackles. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:46 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Sorry, Inhad typed at best after that, but I accidentally deleted and didn't realize. He gave up more sacks than any lineman in the league last season. He is not great, but can be avg. Bengals aren't an avg team and should strive for better. Or, at least find a new avg guy and get some draft picks for the one they already have.

he was dealing with knee injuries. Keep ignoring that major point...

You do know Jonah's 2021 is better than any Orlando Brown season according to pff, right? 

Jonah has health concerns, and Brown doesnt, so Im happy to replace Jonah with Brown. But Jonah when healthy may be better than Brown. You can certainly argue it. I wont, but a person can make a legitimate case
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: I have no interest in helping the Steelers at all.

That's why they should be our top trade destination. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: That's why they should be our top trade destination. 

Indicating you feel Williams is done and would hurt more than help them.....kinda risky and speculative, especially since if Williams ends being healthy and playing for them, he'd have a huge grudge when we played them.  

So confident he's done that you're willing to risk that?
Reply/Quote
If we cannot get rid of him by the time the season starts, and another team loses a LT and thinks they can make the playoffs with Williams then his price goes way up.

Play him during preseason to prove he is heathy.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: I have no interest in helping the Steelers at all.  I'd take a 4th from the Jets before a 2nd from the Steelers.  I wouldn't even listen to a trade offer from them.

I lean toward agreeing with you. I suppose if we think Jonah is going to suck and we can take away a pick from them it could be a win-win for the Bengals. I'd prefer an NFC team gives the Bengals a 2nd round pick. Come on Seattle, do us a favor.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Broncos paid Mike McGlinchey 80 million...and he is not that good. The tackle market always exists even for average tackles. 

What's the market for 'most sacks given up even though he missed games'? He would need to improve in order to be average.

Let him pout his way out of Cincinnati. Trade him to a CFL team for a punt returner.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Well if Jonah did not like Brown coming to the team and took it as an insult ?

Then have a feeling when he is smacked directly in the face with the reality of what the value teams will give up for him, it will only be salt added to the wound.

Jonah was a very good player before the injuries and suspect he may return to that level. Yet he will have to prove that he is healthy and is not hindered by these injuries before he has any real worth. Don't see more than a 3rd round pick or less given up at this time, and most may just wait and see if he is released.

Understand that LT's get paid the most and get why none want to switch, but it's a business and hard decisions have to be made.

Want to keep him but this disgruntled attitude has forced the issue it appears. Try and get a 1st or 2nd lol, but take what you can get (hopefully a 3rd) and use his 12.5 on a really good player that gets released later.

Only joke about worth because of the unknown of whether he will return to the old Jonah or not. He is a big cap hit for a team that will have to cough up a 3rd round pick for a player presently surrounded by injury question marks. Plus coming off a horrid season and demanding his new team only play him at LT. Bengals will have to find a team willing to accept all these things to get the deal done.

Like the kid and hope it works out well for both parties involved though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
What team is that desperate for a LT that they would pay Jonah Williams 12 million dollars?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:30 PM)Housh Wrote: We must acknowledge that we are screwing him over

Lineman hate switching positions

Usually I’d say screw him and keep him but me facilitating his trade request would be nothing more than me acknowledging he shouldn’t have to be asked to switch positions in year 5. It’s a no win situation for him. If he’s bad then the RT stone has been turned and his value is forever hurt. The only good scenario in playing out this season at RT would be is if he does really well but that’s too much pressure. If he plays RT his RT play will be judged as harshly as his LT play is judged. If he bombs we could essentially be killing his career.

I’d demand a trade too if i were uncomfortable switching to RT

You don't hear Jawaan Taylor complaining about switching from Right to Left lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 01:00 PM)Synric Wrote: You don't hear Jawaan Taylor complaining about switching from Right to Left lol.

Jawaan Taylor isnt good and is honored to play for KC
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:59 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: What's the market for 'most sacks given up even though he missed games'? He would need to improve in order to be average.

Let him pout his way out of Cincinnati. Trade him to a CFL team for a punt returner.

25 year old who was battling through a knee injury? Still pretty high. I think we get a 4th plus we can unload his $12 million dollar fully guaranteed contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 01:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: 25 year old who was battling through a knee injury? Still pretty high. I think we get a 4th plus we can unload his $12 million dollar fully guaranteed contract.

Knee injuries mean nothing  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote

Say we could use Jonah in a Trade up in the first round of say moving up around 10 spots or so in order to lock in on a player that may not slip to our 28th pick.

Would you do this ?              Which player would you target ?

For example, Trade up to make sure we get Running back Bijan Robinson or a certain player you would want.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 01:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Not only just 12.6m in cap but 12.6m in liquid money too because when they took up that option they had to put that money in escrow which would be available again if traded. At least I believe that's how it works. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Jets and Steelers wanted Brown before the Bengals signed him.  If the Jets get Rodgers, they'll want to keep building around him.

They have Becton returning this year who is in his best shape ever. They will probably roll with him.

If not I would trade Jonah straight up for Becton right now. It's a risk and reward trade for both teams, which seems fair.

Jonah may also be concerned that Carman will beat him out of that RT spot. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 01:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: Say we could use Jonah in a Trade up in the first round of say moving up around 10 spots or so in order to lock in on a player that may not slip to our 28th pick.

Would you do this ?              Which player would you target ?

For example, Trade up to make sure we get Running back Bijan Robinson or a certain player you would want.

That's an interesting idea. And I'd think Robinson may be a good target. He may also fall to us.

Maybe a CB or DE?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 01:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jawaan Taylor isnt good and is honored to play for KC

And he just got 20 mill per
They could move him to guard and he wouldn’t give AF
-Housh
Reply/Quote