Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jonah Williams Requests Trade
I have a sneaky suspicion that the Bengals staff sort of expected this to happen.Pollack making it very clear that he would in fact be their starting LT.

This whole scheme,(if it is a manipulated scheme they cooked up,could work out in their favor.)
Reply/Quote
This is actually great news. If we can move on from him and his $12M salary- we can sign someone actually good. Say what you want about his injuries last year, he wasn’t that good before them either. I would trade him for whatever we can get just to save the cap space. Use that money to get a DL piece. We need help rushing the passer. When Hendrickson went out we had no pressure at all. He can’t do it all alone. We need more DL impact players.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:47 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...I guess he's not too keen on switching positions.

Wonder if we could get a 3rd Round pick for him?

I don't think they are planning to move him to right tackle:

"When the [url=https://www.cincyjungle.com/][/url]Cincinnati Bengals made a big splash, signing Orlando Brown Jr. in free agency, we knew they had their new left tackle of the future.

Many thought this meant former first round pick Jonah Williams would move from left tackle to right tackle, where he played in college at Alabama during his freshman year. Some have thought he would be better on the right side his entire career.

That does not appear to be the plan, as NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that Williams has requested a trade out of Cincinnati."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/17/23644848/jonah-williams-trade-bengals-nfl-news-orlando-brown 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Y’all are overvaluing Jonah’s value.

A 4th is where I’d be for him if he were say a Dolphin and we wanted him.

A 3rd MAYBE if i don’t have many holes. This is not the draft to trade out if the first 3 rounds

If the Bengals are open to trades Jonah instantly becomes the best Offensive Tackle on the market right now and for a team not drafting top 15 in this draft class that is very attractive because of how light the OT class looks. 

I have no idea what his market will look like but I can see a team giving a mid to late day 2 pick for even just 1 year of stability at LT. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:44 AM)OSUfan Wrote: According to Ian Rapoport Jonah Williams has, thru his agent, requested a trade.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Apparently he is not as happy about doing whatever the teams needs him to do as he stated he was.

Awesome, making it even easier on us. Thanks Jonah. Cool
Reply/Quote
He’s not a great LT so the Bengals aren’t screwing him - that’s just how it works. They found someone they like better but it’s not like they are moving him to G or benching him. He’s probably mad about the timing of it (his contract year) and that he played hurt for them last season.
He is limited athletically compared to other LTs and is more of a “fundamentals” player.
He’s been OK - not good not bad but that’s an important position so I don’t blame the Bengals for trying to raise the level of LT play up to match the rest of the offense.

I thought they would not need to sign/draft a tackle to play this upcoming season but it looks like that has changed now…
Reply/Quote
He's not going to command much in return given his salary and his level of play. So it still looks like the Bengals are in need of a right tackle one way or another.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:30 PM)Housh Wrote: We must acknowledge that we are screwing him over

Lineman hate switching positions

Usually I’d say screw him and keep him but me facilitating his trade request would be nothing more than me acknowledging he shouldn’t have to be asked to switch positions in year 5. It’s a no win situation for him. If he’s bad then the RT stone has been turned and his value is forever hurt. The only good scenario in playing out this season at RT would be is if he does really well but that’s too much pressure. If he plays RT his RT play will be judged as harshly as his LT play is judged. If he bombs we could essentially be killing his career.

I’d demand a trade too if i were uncomfortable switching to RT

You forgot one part, play guard or RT for 12.6 million for one year.

I would guess if a team had interest, they would give up a 2nd or 3rd round and extend his contract prior to the trade. If no team is willing to that if Jonah and his agent are given permission to seek a trade, then tells them both their existing value for the future is not good. This means he needs to stay and prove the Bengals wrong by having a great 2023 if no trade is made thus inflating his future value.

12.6 million for 1 year is a ton of money.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The Steelers and Jets were rumored to have interest in Brown before the Bengals signed him. Let's offer Jonah to either squad and try and fleece them out of a pick.

Act quickly with the Jets before they give all their picks to the Packers in a Rodgers deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:38 PM)3wt Wrote: I don't think they are planning to move him to right tackle:

"When the [url=https://www.cincyjungle.com/][/url]Cincinnati Bengals made a big splash, signing Orlando Brown Jr. in free agency, we knew they had their new left tackle of the future.

Many thought this meant former first round pick Jonah Williams would move from left tackle to right tackle, where he played in college at Alabama during his freshman year. Some have thought he would be better on the right side his entire career.

That does not appear to be the plan, as NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that Williams has requested a trade out of Cincinnati."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/17/23644848/jonah-williams-trade-bengals-nfl-news-orlando-brown 

They definitely planned on moving him to RT prior to this trade request.  We know that for a fact.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:42 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Steelers and Jets were rumored to have interest in Brown before the Bengals signed him. Let's offer Jonah to either squad and try and fleece them out of a pick.

Act quickly with the Jets before they give all their picks to the Packers in a Rodgers deal.

Man, this is so perfect for us honestly. We could get a mid 2nd round pick from one of these teams.

Take Darnell Wright and Darnell Washington, talk about some blocking...
Reply/Quote
What team is that desperate for a LT that they would pay Jonah Williams 12 million dollars?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:46 AM)Garrus Wrote: Wonder what kind of pick he would net. He is still young and has had some decent years before last. If we are lucky maybe we can get a 2nd, but I kinda doubt it. 4th or 5th seem more likely.

2 bad knees and hes not a great OT, Id say a 6th is more likely because of his contract
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:41 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: He’s not a great LT so the Bengals aren’t screwing him - that’s just how it works. They found someone they like better but it’s not like they are moving him to G or benching him.  He’s probably mad about the timing of it (his contract year) and that he played hurt for them last season.
He is limited athletically compared to other LTs and is more of a “fundamentals” player.
He’s been OK - not good not bad but that’s an important position so I don’t blame the Bengals for trying to raise the level of LT play up to match the rest of the offense.

I thought they would not need to sign/draft a tackle to play this upcoming season but it looks like that has changed now…

I don't disagree with this but also would like to add he's the most athletic starter on the Bengals Offensive Line lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:44 PM)Webbtown Wrote: What team is that desperate for a LT that they would pay Jonah Williams 12 million dollars?

Jets and Steelers wanted Brown before the Bengals signed him.  If the Jets get Rodgers, they'll want to keep building around him.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 3e659e69ac5bed661374704b0a80c162.jpg]
Per rotoworld. Goodberry tweeted a 3rd rounder at best. Bears have picks 61 and 64. I’d gladly take 64. Or some other teams third. I don’t take less than that. He can stay here, pout not play and screw himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: an average starting left tackle is very valuable

Sorry, Inhad typed at best after that, but I accidentally deleted and didn't realize. He gave up more sacks than any lineman in the league last season. He is not great, but can be avg. Bengals aren't an avg team and should strive for better. Or, at least find a new avg guy and get some draft picks for the one they already have.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:44 PM)Webbtown Wrote: What team is that desperate for a LT that they would pay Jonah Williams 12 million dollars?

Good O'le Al would have...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Not trading him unless we get a second round pick. Let him and his agent work on that.

He is in his last year so he will have every incentive to play well even as a RT.

Trading him and Collins really opens up cap space.
Reply/Quote
Trade him for a mid round pick and use the money to sign Gardner-Johnson. Drop Mixon with the post-June 1st designation saving another 10 million after June 1st. Trade the pick obtained for the Williams trade and Bengals 5th to the Chargers for Austin Ekeler who wants traded. Press the X button to start the game because this is my Madden game scenario. Tongue Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote