Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Higgins signs new deal? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Higgins signs new deal? (/Thread-Higgins-signs-new-deal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - WeezyBengal - 04-12-2023

I think it gets announced around 6-8 pm tonight. I can feel it...all the way down in ma plums.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - StoneTheCrow - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 04:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think it gets announced around 6-8 pm tonight. I can feel it...all the way down in ma plums.

[Image: ashleyschaeffer-flick.gif]

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Nepa - 04-12-2023

(04-09-2023, 05:26 PM)Tony Wrote: https://twitter.com/zimwhodey/status/1645094146795884547?s=19

Zim Whodey is tweeting that Higgins signed a new deal.. Hopefully announced soon...

My reading of subsequent Zim posts is that in claiming the "deal is done," he is saying agreement has been reached by both parties , but he is not saying the contract has been signed (i.e., finalized).   Zim states he has no timetable on when the signing would happen. I imagine that most of the big names (Adam Schefter, etc.) would not say anything until the agreement was actually signed.

i

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - bonesaw - 04-12-2023

AAAAAaaaaaannnnnounce

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - SunsetBengal - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 04:55 PM)Nepa Wrote: My reading of subsequent Zim posts is that in claiming the "deal is done," he is saying agreement has been reached by both parties , but he is not saying the contract has been signed (i.e., finalized).   Zim states he has no timetable on when the signing would happen. I imagine that most of the big names (Adam Schefter, etc.) would not say anything until the agreement was actually signed.

i

There have been announcements of parties reaching a deal in principle before.  

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Joelist - 04-12-2023

No, no...they've reached a deal to reach a deal!

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Bengalholic - 04-12-2023

Mama Higgins not hearing #2 talk. LOL

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Housh - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 06:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mama Higgins not hearing #2 talk. LOL

I would agree

You can’t be a number 2 of you are getting doubled while the number 1 is there.

At that point he’s a 1B

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-12-2023

Not hearin' that shit lol

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Synric - 04-12-2023

Well...technically he's not even the #1 receiver in his family. Rashard is older than Tee lol.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - TheLeonardLeap - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 06:20 PM)Housh Wrote: I would agree

You can’t be a number 2 of you are getting doubled while the number 1 is there.

At that point he’s a 1B

B, the 2nd letter of the alphabet. 

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Bengalholic - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 06:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: B, the 2nd letter of the alphabet. 

But the 1st letter in each of our sentences. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Nicomo Cosca - 04-12-2023

If Darius Slay wants to say the Eagles don’t have a #2, then neither do the Bengals. I’d personally take Tee over D. Smith. Or at least rank them pretty close.

(04-12-2023, 08:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Darius Slay wants to say the Eagles don’t have a #2, then neither do the Bengals. I’d personally take Tee over D. Smith. Or at least rank them pretty close.

I tend to shy away from using Philadelphians as role models or justification. That's a quick path to booing Santa, throwing batteries at people, and rioting/eating horse poop.    Ninja

Both are clearly the #2 on their teams. There's a reason why one guy on each team is getting All-Pro 2nd Team nods, multiple Pro Bowl nods, and superior stats and the others have none, none, and lesser. Doesn't mean they aren't very good at football or could potentially be a #1 elsewhere, but there's not two #1s on a team. Same with Tyreek Hill/Jaylen Waddle.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Frank Booth - 04-12-2023

(04-12-2023, 08:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I tend to shy away from using Philadelphians as role models or justification. That's a quick path to booing Santa, throwing batteries at people, and rioting/eating horse poop.    Ninja

Both are clearly the #2 on their teams. There's a reason why one guy on each team is getting All-Pro 2nd Team nods, multiple Pro Bowl nods, and superior stats and the others have none, none, and lesser. Doesn't mean they aren't very good at football or could potentially be a #1 elsewhere, but there's not two #1s on a team. Same with Tyreek Hill/Jaylen Waddle.

I think Devonta Smith is a high end 2. Waddle I think is a 1, and he proved that his rookie year

but when it comes to this subject it's mainly subjective

(04-12-2023, 08:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I tend to shy away from using Philadelphians as role models or justification. That's a quick path to booing Santa, throwing batteries at people, and rioting/eating horse poop.    Ninja

That’s the thing though, I guess it depends on just how many other teams a guy would be the #1 on. If it’s half the teams in the league you can kind of make a case.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Emeritus - 04-12-2023

Tiger

Katie will tell us soon or not! She may just tell you at 3am.
Thats just the Katie I love.

(04-12-2023, 09:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s the thing though, I guess it depends on just how many other teams a guy would be the #1 on. If it’s half the teams in the league you can kind of make a case.

Except at the end of the day, if the answer on the team you're on is "no" then you're still a #2 until you go to one of those other teams. The 2018 Chargers would have been Division Champs in 4 other divisions that year with their record... but they weren't Division Champs because there was a better team in their own Division. Doesn't mean their division that year had 2 Division Champs, just meant the Chargers were a 2nd place team in their division.

(04-12-2023, 09:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except at the end of the day, if the answer on the team you're on is "no" then you're still a #2 until you go to one of those other teams. The 2018 Chargers would have been Division Champs in 4 other divisions that year with their record... but they weren't Division Champs because there was a better team in their own Division. Doesn't mean their division that year had 2 Division Champs, just meant the Chargers were a 2nd place team in their division.

Not sure that’s really a great comparison. The standings are the standings, and ranking WR’s is much more subjective.

I’m fine with calling Tee a high end #2 though. I just thought Slay’s reply to that tweet opened up the door to debate it wrt the Bengals.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Hammerstripes - 04-12-2023

(04-09-2023, 09:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Barring his absolute man-love for Mixon, Zim is legit and I enjoy his feed.
His level of engagement with folks is commendable.

He's wrong on a lot of stuff as well.  

He also literally blocks anyone that disagrees with his stance on things.