Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } (/Thread-Postgame-Reactions-Thread-Week-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nately120 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Crazy game for Tyreek.

I went up against him in fantasy this week.  I had Burrow and Tee who managed a total of 3 points to Tyreek's 33.  Oof.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Housh - 09-10-2023

CJ Stroud and Bryce Young put up more than Burrow today and those were their first ever NFL snaps

Cold blooded

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - chopperbobby - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Next year we have to bring in an OC (or hope someone hires Callahan). Consistency is good but everyone has you read after 5 years.

The D has gotten fresh eyes with the turnover at dl, cb, lb coaches. It’s time the Offense gets some too. This offense should be humming by now. Looking like the greatest show on turf with these supposed weapons. How many years does it take 10! Our success it can be argued legitimately is because of the Defense.

Offense should be a well oiled machine by now.

Time to look at the o line coach. It’s been bad for 5 years.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Boomer Anderson - 09-10-2023

The season is a marathon not a sprint. We’ll be fine.
However, based on how I feel tonight, I’d trade Pollack and Jonah for a washer and dryer. Lol
(It worked for Jackie Moon)

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:19 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Time to look at the o line coach. It’s been bad for 5 years.

It’s been way longer than that. 2015 was the last time we had a good OL. That’s on Duke.

(09-10-2023, 08:58 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
Does seem odd for the big 3 we have. Feels like this is a coaching fail.

It’s coaching

We rarely run pick plays, slants, bubble screens or anything creative. We don’t even play action. The reason the Dolphins and Eagles are so good is cause they play action.

On top of us never running plays that create those issues, we seem to run the same pass concepts too. If one guy slanted the inside guy is likely doing it. If one guy is running vertical we’re probably running 4 verts. Iv seen multiple plays from us where every WR on one side will do the same shit. With predictability like that, you can theoretically be a trash corner and still make plays just From studying film.

The insane part is we’ve seen games where Tee caught those balls with this same play style and it was amazing. I guess this is the rare what if Tee and Chase couldn’t get those balls?

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - samhain - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don’t know what role Callahan truly plays. But he’s been here too long to take this offense to the next level.

This is his scheme too. And this scheme lacks focus on a run game, can’t play from under center,  and can’t seem to get creative with all these supposed weapons. And I’m not talking putting Boyd in motion all game creativity. I’m talking blown overage creativity.

As soon as Burrow went down they should have turned to the run and worked on it all camp to lean on game 1.

What the scheme call for. Burrow opening with 4 drop backs resulting in 2 hits and a sack.

That’s a scheme issue. Zac would have leaned on a run game with Burrow struggling if he believed he had one. Or could.

I was hoping he'd play the role of getting his dad to come here to coach OL.  

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Mickeypoo - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 08:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Steelers we’re pretty bad today, too.

I watched the highlights.  They looked bad.  We looked like a bad college team.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - chopperbobby - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s been way longer than that. 2015 was the last time we had a good OL. That’s on Duke.

Ya but we all know Duke is going nowhere. He is part of the family. Not blood. Extended

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - impactplaya - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:21 PM)Housh Wrote: It’s coaching

We rarely run pick plays, slants, bubble screens or anything creative. We don’t even play action. The reason the Dolphins and Eagles are so good is cause they play action.

The Browns ran mostly man coverage 
Yet I never saw a pick play ( the Steelers used to kill us on)
Comeback routes , sluggos...out and ups etc.
It's hard to beat man to man when you only run the 
Same 4 routes all day 

(09-10-2023, 09:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Browns ran mostly man coverage 
Same 4 routes all day 

We don’t even bunch Boyd, Tee and Chase onto one side alot either. Like everything you’d think these 3 could do very well we just don’t.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:25 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Ya but we all know Duke is going nowhere. He is part of the family. Not blood. Extended

True. I was just pointing out the OL has been an issue under 3 different coaches. At some point you have to look at the common denominator.

Same 4 routes all day 

They really trusted their corners. It was actually refreshing to see. There were games last year where teams ran a cover 2 shell ALL GAME. It was annoying to watch.

I thought we had an easy win with how much press man the Browns were running

Burrow just couldn’t hit anyone.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - casear2727 - 09-10-2023

Same 4 routes all day 

We ran an obvious pick play on a rare 1st down pass to Chase.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - casear2727 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:31 PM)Housh Wrote: They really trusted their corners. It was actually refreshing to see. There were games last year where teams ran a  cover 2 shell ALL GAME. It was annoying to watch.

I thought we had an easy win with how much press man the Browns were running

Burrow just couldn’t hit anyone.

Not just corners.  They had safeties man up on Tee multiple times.

(09-10-2023, 09:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: True. I was just pointing out the OL has been an issue under 3 different coaches. At some point you have to look at the common denominator.

Yeah, but those 3 coaches span 28 years, too.  Who knows with this franchise sometimes. 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Leon - 09-10-2023

i tried to warn folks bout signing burrow to a fat contract. but folks didnt listen. he looked drunk out there today.

he was good at lsu for one year cause of chase an jefferson and marshall. hes looked good in the nfl cause of chase higgins and boyd. put him with the chiefs wrs and see how he looks. it wouldnt be pretty.

they shoulda let him play out this year then see who gets the 1 pick and traded burrow and drafted caleb. now they chose wrong and you saw today whats in store. you cant compete with such a ceazy contract. bad move by front office.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Leon - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:19 PM)Housh Wrote: CJ Stroud and Bryce Young put up more than Burrow today and those were their first ever NFL snaps

Cold blooded

yessir. just sad. he couldnt hit the broad side of the barn from 5 feet away today. embarassing

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Essex Johnson - 09-10-2023

Some continue to make excuses for Pollack, the bottom line we have invested more capital with Pollack as a coach then any other position coach.. we all know not all draft picks work out but rarely has Pollack developed any picks that great with us.. he had Price as a rookie and we know how that turn out.. Williams he has had most of his career... plus the FA we have picked up still have not played overall as well as we seen them in the past... Taylor and Tobin have to take some blame but position coaches should be blamed more when their group fails... So stop the excuses and admit that up to now Pollack has failed and lets hope it finallly changes and maybe make a change during the seasion

(09-10-2023, 09:37 PM)Leon Wrote: i tried to warn folks bout signing burrow to a fat contract. but folks didnt listen. he looked drunk out there today.

he was good at lsu for one year cause of chase an jefferson and marshall. hes looked good in the nfl cause of chase higgins and boyd. put him with the chiefs wrs and see how he looks. it wouldnt be pretty.

they shoulda let him play out this year then see who gets the 1 pick and traded burrow and drafted caleb. now they chose wrong and you saw today whats in store. you cant compete with such a ceazy contract. bad move by front office.

[Image: giphy.gif]