Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jake Browning appreciation thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jake Browning appreciation thread (/Thread-Jake-Browning-appreciation-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - michaelsean - 12-16-2023

I don’t think Browning has the arm strength to be a legit starter. That play to Boyd was awesome, but the ball took a week and a half to get there. He puts arc on balls that legit starters throw on a line. Burrow isn’t known as a guy with incredible arm strength, but the difference between his throw and Jake’s is night and day. That being said, I hope he gets a chance somewhere and the Bengals get a second rounder. That won’t happen so see ya next year Jake.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 11:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I see Pitcher getting some OC interviews more than Callahan HC.

Gotcha....you may be right about that. It's also interesting that Dan got an interview as OC for Tampa I think? He decided to stay here. Doubt he passes again.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-16-2023

(12-16-2023, 11:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Who said Browning would start over Burrow without a thick coat of sarcasm?

All I'm saying is that the guy is getting the job done and that if this continues at the current rate, I see him either being a high end backup or low tier starter.

A guy like Dalton or Flacco are now. Someone a team would pay above minimum to hedge their bet on a rookie or low tier starter.

If I'm a Steelers fan, I like Browning in a competition with Pickett.

Fwiw, you can analyze any of the bottom 5 or 10 starters and find ugly throws and huge flaws in their games, and those guys aren't going 3-1, throwing for 300 and 2 scores every week with 100 passer ratings, or leading big comebacks.

No, he's becoming the new AJ McCarron will go somewhere and be great if we don't start him over Dalton, then next year Browning goes elsewhere and can't get off the bench and is soon starting. In the XFL. Ninja

So again, does this mean our HC is better than people say?

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Shake n Blake - 12-17-2023

(12-16-2023, 11:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: So again, does this mean our HC is better than people say?

Don't be ridiculous. It can't be that.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - bfine32 - 12-17-2023

WHY are folks disrespecting Browning in this thread?

The dude has beat 3 playoff teams in a roll. Take your "style points" and kick rocks

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - Nicomo Cosca - 12-17-2023

(12-17-2023, 12:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: WHY are folks disrespecting Browning in this thread?

The dude has beat 3 playoff teams in a roll. Take your "style points" and kick rocks

Saying he’s probably not going to become a starter isn’t disrespecting him. I think everyone is very happy to have him as our QB2.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - SouthernFan - 12-17-2023

This has been discussed in other threads before. Browning won’t be going anywhere else next year as he will be a restricted free agent. No negotiation leverage, Bengals merely need to make a league minimum tender. As for those who think he could be traded, a quality backup QB is a valuable asset and Tobin is not in the business of making other teams better.

Edit:  Correction, exclusive rights free agent. Thanks G. Cantstandya.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - PCB Bengal Fan - 12-17-2023

(12-16-2023, 07:04 PM)Whacked Wrote: That was nuts

He threw some dimes to Tee today too
*Some were dropped

Tee made up for them today, but what the holy f!ck is wrong with his hands this year?

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - sandwedge - 12-17-2023

(12-17-2023, 12:46 AM)SouthernFan Wrote: This has been discussed in other threads before. Browning won’t be going anywhere else next year as he will be a restricted free agent. No negotiation leverage, Bengals merely need to make a league minimum tender. As for those who think he could be traded, a quality backup QB is a valuable asset and Tobin is not in the business of making other teams better.

Bingo

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - PCB Bengal Fan - 12-17-2023

(12-16-2023, 07:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Stupid playcall caused that INT. Ninja

That would've also been picked by the other defender. Terrible decision, must not have seen the LB.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - jj22 - 12-17-2023

(12-17-2023, 12:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Saying he’s probably not going to become a starter isn’t disrespecting him. I think everyone is very happy to have him as our QB2.

He already is a starter. A starter for the Cincinnati Bengals and he’s 3-1, breaking NFL records, and the team isn’t winning in spite of him. Think one read and run, can’t read defenses Fields will be doing the same in his place here if you want.

No one thinks he’s better than Burrow which is where this defensive downplaying of Browning and what he’s doing is really coming from. He is our number 2 but make no mistake he is starting for a nfl team currently. And is proving himself as a starter.

When he doesn’t then ok. Take shots on his ceiling. He hasn’t faltered yet, and it’s weird to see folks jumping the gun to define him.

(12-17-2023, 01:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: He already is a starter. A starter for the Cincinnati Bengals and he’s 3-1, and the team isn’t winning in spite of him. 

No one thinks he’s better than Burrow which is where this defensive downplaying of Browning and what he’s doing is really coming from. He is our number 2 but make no mistake he is starting for a nfl team currently. And is proving himself as a starter.

When he doesn’t then ok. Take shots on his ceiling. He hasn’t faltered yet, and it’s weird to see folks jumping the gun to define him.

No it’s not. The discussion was mostly about him starting for another team. Which isn’t likely at all. He’s an ERFA, and the Bengals are very unlikely to trade him for some day 3 pick or whatever. And as Casear pointed out, there’s really only 1 or 2 teams you could even make a case for right now anyway. And one of them is the Steelers, and we sure as hell aren’t trading him there.

Anyway, let’s all just be happy we have a good QB2.

(12-17-2023, 12:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Saying he’s probably not going to become a starter isn’t disrespecting him. I think everyone is very happy to have him as our QB2.

Sure it is. He's done great as a starter, but he can't be a starter. 

(12-17-2023, 01:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: He already is a starter. A starter for the Cincinnati Bengals and he’s 3-1, breaking NFL records, and the team isn’t winning in spite of him. Think one read and run, can’t read defenses Fields will be doing the same in his place here if you want.

Yeah, I find it an "unusual" stance to take

(12-17-2023, 01:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure it is. He's done great as a starter, but he can't be a starter. 

What team is he starting for besides maybe the Falcons? Pats? They’re going to have a top pick, and their new coach will probably want his own guy. Browning is currently better than some young guys like Bryce Young, but Carolina is not giving up on a #1 pick that soon. I guess Minnesota could be an option if they don’t re-sign Cousins (again). There’s just not very many options.

Here’s a list of QB’s around the league for reference.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

(12-17-2023, 01:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What team is he starting for besides maybe the Falcons? Pats? They’re going to have a top pick, and their new coach will probably want his own guy. Browning is currently better than some young guys like Bryce Young, but Carolina is not giving up on a #1 pick that soon. I guess Minnesota could be an option if they don’t re-sign Cousins (again). There’s just not very many options.

Here’s a list of QB’s around the league for reference.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

Raiders

Saints

Seattle

Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

Jets

Tennessee

(12-17-2023, 01:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Raiders - Possibly. Depends what they do with Jimmy G. It will cost them $28.5 million in dead cap to cut him.

Saints - Nope. As already mentioned Carr has a $52 million dollar dead cap hit.

Seattle - Geno had a very good season just last year. I don’t see them moving on from him for a guy with a much smaller sample size.

Tampa Bay - They’re in 1st place with Baker. And he’s actually grading out pretty well this season.

Pittsburgh - Obviously not happening.

Jets - Aaron Rodgers is signed for 2 more years.

Tennessee - They just drafted Will Levis in the 2nd round, and are currently rebuilding. They need to see what they have in him.

Like I said. Extremely limited options.

RE: Jake Freaking Browning - SladeX - 12-17-2023

Way too early to declare what Brownings ceiling is. He’s basically making the same mistakes Joe (and any other quality QB you want to name) did his first year… . Only he’s actually on the winning end 3 out of 4 times.

I’m impressed.

(12-17-2023, 01:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like I said. Extremely limited options.

Yep, only about 1/3 of the NFL

(12-17-2023, 01:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, only about 1/3 of the NFL

That’s some interesting math. You named 7 teams, one of which is the Pittsburgh Steelers (not even worth discussing as we obviously would never trade him there), and another has Aaron friggin Rodgers poised to return. Not to mention all of the other reasons I listed that probably make them unrealistic options (like the Saints eating $52 million in dead cap).