Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question (/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you have posted links to them being assaulted in both; so using your logic, they should not be allowed to use any public restroom. Of course Transgenders have been victims of assault, but letting them use whichever facility they want will do very little to stem this; however, it will make a new population fell more uncomfortable using a public facility. All it will do if make those like you feel better about themselves, because you made a difference and give like-minded another opportunity to call those that disagree with the logic racist=bigots. 

So you agree they have been victims of assaults but don't think there should be a law allowing them to avoid using the bathroom most likely to lead them into trouble from others  BUT you also don't have a problem with them being in those bathrooms....you just don't want it to be legal.

Cool

(04-28-2016, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do African Americans "have a history of victimhood to justify their apprehension"? If your answer to this is yes, then do you think we should go back to segregated facilities. Sometimes you just have to sit back, watch a liberal with a "cause", and chuckle.

Shocked

(04-10-2016, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You should be ashamed of yourself trying to compare a dude wanting to use the women's room to the struggles that African Americans faced simply because of the color of their skin. They are allowed to use the restroom the same as anyone else.   

Mellow

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - fredtoast - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Of course Transgenders have been victims of assault, but letting them use whichever facility they want will do very little to stem this;

I strongly disagree.  If transgender women are forced to use the men's restroom they will be much more likely to be assaulted because it will "out" them as transgender.  If they are allowed to use the proper restroom then they will be less likely to be assaulted because they will be less likely to be recognized as transgender.

(04-28-2016, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  however, it will make a new population fell more uncomfortable using a public facility.

But they have no reason to feel uncomfortable because there is not an extensive history of transgender people attacking gender normative people.

I always want to take everyone's feeling into consideration.  But when they don't have a rational basis for feeling uncomfortable then I don't give them much thought.

(04-28-2016, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do African Americans "have a history of victimhood to justify their apprehension"? If your answer to this is yes, then do you think we should go back to segregated facilities. 

No because you can identify who is black without seeing which restroom they use. 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 05:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you agree they have been victims of assaults but don't think there should be a law allowing them to avoid using the bathroom most likely to lead them into trouble from others  BUT you also don't have a problem with them being in those bathrooms....you just don't want it to be legal.

Cool

Shocked

Mellow

I can only assume you missed the part where Fred posted about attacks that the vast majority (all) of them happened in the facility they identify with not the facility that matches their biological sex. 

(04-28-2016, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I strongly disagree.  If transgender women are forced to use the men's restroom they will be much more likely to be assaulted because it will "out" them as transgender.  If they are allowed to use the proper restroom then they will be less likely to be assaulted because they will be less likely to be recognized as transgender.

Strongly disagree all you want; but the links you provided showed them being attacked while using the "proper" facility. I'm not sure what else you are looking for.

(04-28-2016, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can only assume you missed the part where Fred posted about attacks that the vast majority (all) of them happened in the facility they identify with not the facility that matches their biological sex. 

I saw that.

I also saw where you gave a highly specific set of rules for the links before he posted them.

And I saw where you said you have no problem with transgender people using the bathroom for which they identify with.

And I saw where you said there should be no law allowing  transgender people to use the bathroom for which they identify with.

So you are okay with it as long as no law says it is legal.  

(04-28-2016, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Strongly disagree all you want; but the links you provided showed them being attacked while using the "proper" facility. I'm not sure what else you are looking for.

Okay, let me try to explain it again.

Transgenders have a history of being assaulted based on their gender identification.

If they are allowed to use the correct restroom it will be much less likely that they get attacked.

Therefore forcing them to use the wrong bathroom will increase the nuber of attacks.

The fact that some have been attacked when trying to use the correct restroom really doesn't change any of this.  For example if I was to argue that people are more likely to wreck a car when they are drunk the fact that the same people sometimes wreck even when they were not drinking does not change the fact that they are more likely to wreck then drunk.

Understand now?

Many transgender people have avoided being attacked by using the proper restroom.  They should not have to face criminal charges for doing this.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Vas Deferens - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 06:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: I saw that.

I also saw where you gave a highly specific set of rules for the links before he posted them.

And I saw where you said you have no problem with transgender people using the bathroom for which they identify with.

And I saw where you said there should be no law allowing  transgender people to use the bathroom for which they identify with.

So you are okay with it as long as no law says it is legal.  

He's also apparently ok with a law saying its illegal...  Maybe we'll get clarification once this thread reaches page 15.

(04-28-2016, 06:40 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: He's also apparently ok with a law saying its illegal...  Maybe we'll get clarification once this thread reaches page 15.

Actually, I'm opposed to a law saying it is legal for a male to use the women's facility; I'm only "OK" with a law that disputes that,  I was actually fine with no specific law; don't have any idea how much more I can say this.  

It is absolutely amazing how hard folks are trying to twist this. If you require additional clarification feel free to ask away; as I have not wavered (unlike many) on this position.

(04-28-2016, 06:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, let me try to explain it again.

Transgenders have a history of being assaulted based on their gender identification.

If they are allowed to use the correct restroom it will be much less likely that they get attacked.

Therefore forcing them to use the wrong bathroom will increase the nuber of attacks.

The fact that some have been attacked when trying to use the correct restroom really doesn't change any of this.  For example if I was to argue that people are more likely to wreck a car when they are drunk the fact that the same people sometimes wreck even when they were not drinking does not change the fact that they are more likely to wreck then drunk.

Understand now?

Many transgender people have avoided being attacked by using the proper restroom.  They should not have to face criminal charges for doing this.

You've have failed to explain it over the last 11-12 pages and you've even disputed yourself. I have little faith that your attempt to explain it again will bring any more clarity. 

No one is "forcing" them to use the "wrong" facility; that's just something you say to yourself in the mirror. I have said numerous times that I'll be on the soapbox with you when they start checking junk at the door. You keep saying "more likely" in hopes of folks being unable to read the links you provided that showed where the attacks occurred (I think at least 2 have fallen for it). 

This is absolutely amazing: You post links of trans getting assaulted in bathrooms they identify with and ask folks 'Do they understand now". I an embarrassed for you and your little posse.....

OK, no I'm not. I find it funny as hell. 

(04-28-2016, 08:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You've have failed to explain it over the last 11-12 pages and you've even disputed yourself. I have little faith that your attempt to explain it again will bring any more clarity. 

No one is "forcing" them to use the "wrong" facility; that's just something you say to yourself in the mirror. I have said numerous times that I'll be on the soapbox with you when they start checking junk at the door. You keep saying "more likely" in hopes of folks being unable to read the links you provided that showed where the attacks occurred (I think at least 2 have fallen for it). 

This is absolutely amazing: You post links of trans getting assaulted in bathrooms they identify with and ask folks 'Do they understand now". I an embarrassed for you and your little posse.....

OK, no I'm not. I find it funny as hell. 

Again you are fine with them using the bathroom they feel is right for them but don't want it legalized...which means you want it illegal.

17 states, 200 cities with laws allowing transgenders to use the bathroom they identify with and not one incident of violence toward a straight person...but you think the law is bad even though you are "okay" with them using it anyway.

And you want clarification from someone else?

You're funny.

(04-28-2016, 10:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again you are fine with them using the bathroom they feel is right for them but don't want it legalized...which means you want it illegal.

17 states, 200 cities with laws allowing transgenders to use the bathroom they identify with and not one incident of violence toward a straight person...but you think the law is bad even though you are "okay" with them using it anyway.

And you want clarification from someone else?

You're funny.

Where have I asked for clarification from anyone, Fred? I did tell someone I would provide clarity because, for some reason,  they felt it has not been provided yet. 

I do see you are trying to redirect the point to it "doesn't hurt anyone". I really don't blame you given how the not allowing it does hurt someone stance has gone. So I guess I can add you to this list of let's legalize it because it will make a portion of 0.3% of the population feel better; with no regard to the population that it will not because they are bigots.  

(04-28-2016, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where have I asked for clarification from anyone, Fred? I did tell someone I would provide clarity because, for some reason,  they felt it has not been provided yet.

Mellow

(04-28-2016, 08:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You've have failed to explain it over the last 11-12 pages and you've even disputed yourself. I have little faith that your attempt to explain it again will bring any more clarity. 

Mellow

(04-28-2016, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do see you are trying to redirect the point to it "doesn't hurt anyone". I really don't blame you given how the not allowing it does hurt someone stance has gone. So I guess I can add you to this list of let's legalize it because it will make a portion of 0.3% of the population feel better; with no regard to the population that it will not because they are bigots.  

Or I was just using that fact to reinforce your stance that you are for it but won't support a law about it.

(04-28-2016, 10:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again you are fine with them using the bathroom they feel is right for them but don't want it legalized...which means you want it illegal.

You're still funny.

Solid post though.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 04-29-2016

(04-28-2016, 10:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Mellow

Or I was just using that fact to reinforce your stance that you are for it but won't support a law about it.

You're still funny.

Solid post though.
Still didn't see where I asked anyone to clarify, but you did get to use the smiley face things and bold function. I know how much you enjoy that.

Please, please. please continue. It is too funny

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Vas Deferens - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Still didn't see where I asked anyone to clarify, but you did get to use the smiley face things and bold function. I know how much you enjoy that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are for this bill because it overturns the Charlotte bill which allows transgender citizens to use the bathroom of their choice.  If that was the cities choice, why couldn't people who were uncomfortable with that in NC just avoid Charlotte completely. Then they could be comfortable in their own sub-Charlotte economic zone. As long as they never step into another state of course.  And god forbid any bible bashing backwoods baptist goes abroad...  And sees tits in public. 

What do you actually think about the situation bfizz?  Are you fine with transgendered individuals using the facilities of their choice or not?  Simple question 

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Still didn't see where I asked anyone to clarify, but you did get to use the smiley face things and bold function. I know how much you enjoy that.

Well, allow me to explain so we can get past this and back on topic. Cool (<-- smiley face to show mood/tone)

Clearly you "didn't say that". Mellow (<-- smiley face to show mood/tone)

You just nitpick at each post and change what you want him to produce to, well, "explain". And then accused Fred of explaining but not "clarifying" enough ...for you.

(04-28-2016, 08:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You've have failed to explain it over the last 11-12 pages and you've even disputed yourself. I have little faith that your attempt to explain it again will bring any more clarity.  (<-- Bolded for emphasis...)

Fortunately I got the new snark tuner.
[Image: snark-sn-2-clip-on-chromatic-all-instrum...ner-17.gif]

(04-28-2016, 08:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is absolutely amazing: You post links of trans getting assaulted in bathrooms they identify with and ask folks 'Do they understand now". I an embarrassed for you and your little posse.....
(<-- Bolded for emphasis...)

And back on topic you have yet to explain how you are okay with men in ladies rooms but don't want a law saying it is okay and are okay with the state passing a law telling their citizens (who also agreed to the first law) that it is NOT okay. AND spent 9 pages our of 13 doing so (right after Lucy stopped being able to respond, btw)...all the while asking for specific example without presenting any of your own.

This is why (at least twice in this thread) I used actual quotes that pointed at and referred to things that were really said...not what was implied. In order to clarify positions rather than just accuse people of things through interpretation.

Rock On (<-- smiley used to show my post is done and I wish a good day and hopefully better future communication)

(04-29-2016, 02:46 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are for this bill because it overturns the Charlotte bill which allows transgender citizens to use the bathroom of their choice.  If that was the cities choice, why couldn't people who were uncomfortable with that in NC just avoid Charlotte completely. Then they could be comfortable in their own sub-Charlotte economic zone. As long as they never step into another state of course.  And god forbid any bible bashing backwoods baptist goes abroad...  And sees tits in public. 

What do you actually think about the situation bfizz?  Are you fine with transgendered individuals using the facilities of their choice or not?  Simple question 

Am I "fine" with males using women's facilities? No

Do I personally care if a female pisses beside me? No

Do I think I should be able to tell a female not to worry about me pissing next to her? No

Do I think junk should be checked at the door? No

Do I think there should be a law making it legal for males to use women's facilities? No

Do I think "bible bashing backwoods baptist" should do as Romans when in Rome? Yes.

Although I don't know how many backwoods baptist actually bash the bible; that's a weird one.

(04-29-2016, 07:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well, allow me to explain so we can get past this and back on topic. Cool (<-- smiley face to show mood/tone)

Clearly you "didn't say that". Mellow (<-- smiley face to show mood/tone)

You just nitpick at each post and change what you want him to produce to, well, "explain". And then accused Fred of explaining but not "clarifying" enough ...for you.

Fortunately I got the new snark tuner.

And back on topic you have yet to explain how you are okay with men in ladies rooms but don't want a law saying it is okay and are okay with the state passing a law telling their citizens (who also agreed to the first law) that it is NOT okay. AND spent 9 pages our of 13 doing so (right after Lucy stopped being able to respond, btw)...all the while asking for specific example without presenting any of your own.

This is why (at least twice in this thread) I used actual quotes that pointed at and referred to things that were really said...not what was implied. In order to clarify positions rather than just accuse people of things through interpretation.

Rock On (<-- smiley used to show my post is done and I wish a good day and hopefully better future communication)

I think you once told me you were a communications major, so I will indulge this one more time.

If I told you that you haven't made anything clear is that me asking you to make it clear?

I say it is not, but if you feel compelled to try and clarify you may try. Sometimes the person that told you that you are not making anything clear really doesn't give a damn if you try harder to explain or not; as they know it is most likely an exercise of futility.

Now refer to post #248: that could be considered a request for clarity

Of course I could be incorrect on all this; as you are the commo expert.

As to your questions: Look one post up.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think you once told me you were a communications major, so I will indulge this one more time.

If I told you that you haven't made anything clear is that me asking you to make it clear?

I say it is not, but if you feel compelled to try and clarify you may try. Sometimes the person that told you that you are not making anything clear really doesn't give a damn if you try harder to explain or not; as they know it is most likely an exercise of futility.

Of course I could be incorrect on this; as you are the commo expert.

How big hearted of you!

If I may I will say I am no "expert".  I do have a little more skill at communication...however it is better for when talking with someone not posting on a message board.  So perhaps there is a bit of something "lost in translation".  But thanks for remembering my college major!  Smirk (<-- smiley face to show proud emotion)

Now, to your point:

If a person "really doesn't give a damn" why make a point of saying something isn't clear?  Through this thread you have asked Fred to produce very specific examples in order to defend his position while claiming his position has changed and he has contradicted himself and he wasn't "clear".

So when you "say it is not" asking for clarification that is not the same as it really being not asking for clarification

Many times I have asked for clarification on these boards.  When I do it is because the original statement was either a contradiction OR there was no way to respond in a coherent manner without knowing what the original statement was trying to say.

Like if someone said they didn't care if something happened but didn't want a law saying it was legal and was okay with a law making it illegal.

That can be confusing!

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BmorePat87 - 04-30-2016

You're arguing that this man pictured below needs to use the women's room because he was born a woman.

[Image: IJustNeedToPee-x400.jpg]