Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron (/Thread-Bengals-request-interviews-with-Josh-McDaniels-Zac-Taylor-Shane-Waldron)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Big Boss - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 12:16 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: We will get what is left after every other he position is filled.  So looks like a
Past bengals assistant is going to get it.   New England OC won’t even come for inter view.   It wanted to be tainted.   It that like him but won’t even interview

Big "Who Cares" to McDaniels passing on us.  Dude is so full of himself.  

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - jj22 - 01-03-2019

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/03/report-josh-mcdaniels-said-no-to-bengals-interview/

McDaniels declined the Bengals.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - fozzie11 - 01-03-2019

Bengals requested permission to interview Bucs OC Todd Monken

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Big Boss - 01-03-2019

I wouldn't mind if we talked to Adam Gase.

Also, I expect this wouldn't be a popular option around here, but how about giving Mike Munchak a call?

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Nicomo Cosca - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 12:46 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: Bengals requested permission to interview Bucs OC Todd Monken

Why in the world would anyone from that staff be considered?

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - fozzie11 - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 12:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why in the world would anyone from that staff be considered?

they were 3rd in offense in the NFL.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - ochocincos - 01-03-2019

(01-02-2019, 11:25 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: What?

No.

Super Bowl should always be the goal. If you’re consistently winning in the playoffs and having a legitimate shot at championships, beating the Steelers will come automatically.

If we lost both games to Pittsburgh every season but won Super Bowls it wouldn’t matter if we lost to them.

Do “so many other bengals fans” really feel the same as you? If so, shame on them.

Exactly. I've seen this "rather beat our rivals" mentality in college (specifically Ohio St fans over Michigan), not so much for NFL.
Who cares if you lose to your rival if you end up winning the championship ultimately?

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - ochocincos - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 12:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/03/report-josh-mcdaniels-said-no-to-bengals-interview/

McDaniels declined the Bengals.

Good. I don't like that guy anyway. He was not a good HC with the Broncos, so I don't have confidence he'll be a good HC anywhere else.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Nicomo Cosca - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 12:55 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: they were 3rd in offense in the NFL.

Not in points they weren’t.

The yards probably came in garbage time playing from behind so often.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - 3wt - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 11:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: Well he turned down our interview request so apparently he isn't now. 

Which is fine.  I don't think he's a head coaching guy.  He's a coordinator.  And after what happened in Denver and the way he treated Indy last year I would not go near him.

Bengals clearly want to become a top notch offense again and are fishing in the pool of young or successful offensive minds.

I don't really want them, unless the young guys actually have 1) a truly elevated/ creative offensive mind and 2) the ability to handle a group of men.

Some guys that interest me (in no particular order) are:
  • Adam Gase - Had a pretty good offense in Denver.  And Peyton Manning REALLY likes him, and is a great offensive mind himself
  • Mike McCarthy - had a good run in Green Bay when he had talent - and that dealing with a diva like Rogers
  • Freddie Kitchens - blue collar guy that appears to know how to tailor an offense to his personnel
  • Lincoln Riley - Runs the type of offense that the NFL is slowly embracing
  • Dabo Swinney - Clemson - The guy is beating the best teams in college football and is a firebrand

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Sled21 - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Good. I don't like that guy anyway. He was not a good HC with the Broncos, so I don't have confidence he'll be a good HC anywhere else.

Yes, and I hope the Packers go with someone else and he's left scrambling for a job anywhere.....

(01-03-2019, 01:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not in points they weren’t.

The yards probably came in garbage time playing from behind so often.

3rd in total offense 12 in scoring, and he had to deal with a revolving door at QB. I'm not saying i love the guy but he knows how to run an offense.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - MentalRage - 01-03-2019

I forget where I read/heard about this, but apparently Tampa's HC Dirk Koetter would take over play calling in the middle of games and that is when the offense would start to suck. Then they'd go back to Monken and the offense would start to click again.

Seems to me Koetter was the problem with that whole offense. Not saying Monken is great, but he is worth a look.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - bengalfan74 - 01-03-2019

A buddy of mine that does twitter and stuff said it's just been posted that J. McDaniels refused interview ?

hmmmmm must be true

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/03/report-josh-mcdaniels-said-no-to-bengals-interview/

(01-03-2019, 01:12 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I forget where I read/heard about this, but apparently Tampa's HC Dirk Koetter would take over play calling in the middle of games and that is when the offense would start to suck. Then they'd go back to Monken and the offense would start to click again.

Seems to me Koetter was the problem with that whole offense. Not saying Monken is great, but he is worth a look.

from what i've been reading he actually might be, apparently he runs an offense that blends college and nfl styles

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Shake n Blake - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 11:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: Well he turned down our interview request so apparently he isn't now. 

On the flip side, Bieniemy turned down the Cardinals and accepted an interview with the Bengals.

Bieniemy is the hotter candidate than McDaniels thus far, yet we not only got an interview, we got the first interview.

I’d prefer a coach from a winning team.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - bengalfan74 - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Good. I don't like that guy anyway. He was not a good HC with the Broncos, so I don't have confidence he'll be a good HC anywhere else.

Agreed

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Au165 - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 01:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: On the flip side, Bieniemy turned down the Cardinals and accepted an interview with the Bengals.

Bieniemy is the hotter candidate than McDaniels thus far, yet we not only got an interview, we got the first interview.

I agree, I prefer Bieniemy hopefully he takes the job.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Au165 - 01-03-2019

We requested an interview with Todd Monken Bucs OC, that is a solid interview. He is one of the names thrown around for a decent amount of jobs.