Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:02 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: How many Championship teams had a poor o-line?

Do we know our O-line will be poor this season?

We have upgraded RT and who knows how much better Spain or XSF will be with a full Offseason...

And the Draft hasn't even happened yet and we brought back Pollack over Turner.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Do we know our O-line will be poor this season?

We have upgraded RT and who knows how much better Spain or XSF will be with a full Offseason...

And the Draft hasn't even happened yet and we brought back Pollack over Turner.

nobody should feel comfortable with either of those guys.

Nobody should feel comfortable with Trey Hopkins at center.

I feel comfortable with Boyd and Higgins

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Earendil - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 02:42 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: What does Joe Thuneys draft slot have to do with anything related to the bungles?

Are they magically going to turn into a sharp/savvy organization because of hope?

*facepalm*

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: nobody should feel comfortable with either of those guys.

Not saying I am comfortable, just saying we might be better than some are letting on after the Draft.

Some are acting like we have to use the first 5 picks on O-line. We need a future OT and a Guard.

Hopkins is a top 5 pass protecting Center BTW.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:02 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: How many Championship teams had a poor o-line?

Literally no one is advocating ignoring the OL though. Sewell would be a great pick, and definitely the pick that makes the most sense, but can we please stop acting like if we don’t go OL in the 1st it’s the end of the world? We got Whit in the 2nd, and he’s arguably the 3rd best olineman we’ve ever had. We’ve sorely missed Boling since he retired, and he was a 4th rounder.

Say they go Chase or Pitts at 5, but then double dip on OL in the 2nd and 3rd. Idk how you could accuse them of not taking it seriously.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not saying I am comfortable, just saying we might be better than some are letting on after the Draft.

Some are acting like we have to use the first 5 picks on O-line. We need a future OT and a Guard.

Hopkins is a top 5 pass protecting Center BTW.

coming off a serious knee injury suffered late in the 2020 season.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 04:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: PFF SAYS PFF SAYS

Kenny Golloday doesnt get much seperation. Anquan Boldin didnt get much seperation.

Your point?

Burrow has elite talent. We're not dealing with a Tannehill or Dalton type anymore

Bengals dont need a new number 1 receiver. 

I kind of look forward to being in Game-day threads after we take Chase at 5. The same people saying you can't pass on Chase and he makes Burrow better, will be screaming how bad the O-line play is after we watch Burrow get sacked for the 8th time and we are down 20....

It's amusing me looking at people who were saying we need to lose out and be 2nd to make sure we get Sewell now, saying we don't need him, can find a guy just like him in round 2.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Essex Johnson - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one is advocating ignoring the OL though. Sewell would be a great pick, and definitely the pick that makes the most sense, but can we please stop acting like if we don’t go OL in the 1st it’s the end of the world? We got Whit in the 2nd, and he’s arguably the 3rd best olineman we’ve ever had. We’ve sorely missed Boling since he retired, and he was a 4th rounder.

Say they go Chase or Pitts at 5, but then double dip on OL in the 2nd and 3rd. Idk how you could accuse them of not taking it seriously.

I think you could argue they take it more seriously by drafting a OL in 1st round since it still is a higher need and a larger detriment to the team if we do not. than especially WR and also TE.. we have two pretty damn good 2nd rounds  right now and don;t forget Chad, Collinsworth, Pickens,  were  2nd rounders.. 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one is advocating ignoring the OL though. Sewell would be a great pick, and definitely the pick that makes the most sense, but can we please stop acting like if we don’t go OL in the 1st it’s the end of the world? We got Whit in the 2nd, and he’s arguably the 3rd best olineman we’ve ever had. We’ve sorely missed Boling since he retired, and he was a 4th rounder.

Because we've all been fans way too long to believe this will actually be what they do and after watching them ignore the line completely last season, it is a huge concern.

My honest belief of what happens.

Pick 5 - We take Chase to make Burrow happy and get the fans all excited, gotta sell tickets.

Round 2 - There is a run at the end of 1 into start of round 2 on O-line, especially with the Jets and Jags both getting rookie QBs, and we decide the value isn't there and take an edge rusher or... we reach for a 3rd round prospect like we did with Sample.

Round 3 - Maybe now, they actually take the G from Illinois or Tennessee.

Round 4 - LB/TE/WR

Round 5 - See above but remove what was taken.

Round 6 (a) - Developmental QB for 3rd string

Round 6 (b) - Random CB

Round 7 - K

Why take the chance on maybe getting your guy in round 2 for the line when you absolutely know you can get a guy that is better then anyone you have in round one?

(03-29-2021, 05:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I kind of look forward to being in Game-day threads after we take Chase at 5. The same people saying you can't pass on Chase and he makes Burrow better, will be screaming how bad the O-line play is after we watch Burrow get sacked for the 8th time and we are down 20....

It's amusing me looking at people who were saying we need to lose out and be 2nd to make sure we get Sewell now, saying we don't need him, can find a guy just like him in round 2.

it's like the bengals have been bad for, what, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20... 5 seasons now? And the offensive line was always the core of the problem.(the interior mainly)

Now some of the fans contract adhd and are distracted by a shiny new toy.

Dont you just want to make sure the line is fixed for 2021 and beyond? 

Why not grab the best of the best o-line prospects available. 

At least just to be safe

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: nobody should feel comfortable with either of those guys.

Well, obviously Burrow isn't comfortable with just Boyd and Higgins.  If he was, he wouldn't be pushing for Chase.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I kind of look forward to being in Game-day threads after we take Chase at 5. The same people saying you can't pass on Chase and he makes Burrow better, will be screaming how bad the O-line play is after we watch Burrow get sacked for the 8th time and we are down 20....

If you’re referring to me (I did have the suck for Sewell sig for a while lol) I still want him. I’m just not putting all my eggs in one basket. Especially when it sounds more and more like we’re not going to take him. I’m open to a few different guys at 5.

(03-29-2021, 05:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's like the bengals have been bad for, what, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20... 5 seasons now? And the offensive line was always the core of the problem.(the interior mainly)

Now some of the fans contract adhd and are distracted by a shiny new toy.

Dont you just want to make sure the line is fixed for 2021 and beyond? 

Why not grab the best o-line prospects available. 

At least just to be safe

Yup, the line has been trash for so many years now.

(03-29-2021, 05:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, obviously Burrow isn't comfortable with just Boyd and Higgins.  If he was, he wouldn't be pushing for Chase.

Because that's his friend from college

oh wait, it's you again. Cya

(03-29-2021, 05:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think you could argue they take it more seriously by drafting a OL in 1st round since it still is a higher need and a larger detriment to the team if we do not. than especially WR and also TE.. we have two pretty damn good 2nd rounds  right now and don;t forget Chad, Collinsworth, Pickens,  were  2nd rounders.. 

I’m completely on board with taking Sewell. It’s the other side that’s being stubborn, and not being at all open to any other positions.

(03-29-2021, 05:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: coming off a serious knee injury suffered late in the 2020 season.

That is true.

They say he will be ready to go come Training Camp though and we can Draft Creed Humphrey or Dickerson in the 2nd or 3rd 
if we want a Center. Meinerz can also play Center and Guard. Lots of options for us.

This.

Some of you are acting like we’re going to trot Jordan and Redmond out there as day one starters. Obviously Spain and XSF are upgradable, but I don’t think it’s quite as dire as it’s being portrayed as. I wish they had done more than just Reiff, but Jordan was the single biggest problem last year, and if he’s on the bench that’s a good start.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Essex Johnson - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m completely on board with taking Sewell. It’s the other side that’s being stubborn, and not being at all open to any other positions.

Well im on board taking Slater also either at #5 or dropping back if Carolina wants to jump up since looks pretty solid Miami, Lions and Panthers are not looking at Oline it seems...

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 05:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Because that's his friend from college

oh wait, it's you again. Cya

So's Terrace Marshall.  So is practically every guy he played with at LSU.

At the end of the day, he's the guy standing behind that OL and he's the one that has to make our WR's look good.  I would certainly trust his opinion on what the offense needs over some random fan on an internet message board.