Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Collins SIGNED! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Collins SIGNED! (/Thread-Collins-SIGNED)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Collins SIGNED! - psychdoctor - 03-20-2022

The day seemed sunnier and the evening seems serene. I'm definitely less stressed after the Collins signing

RE: Collins SIGNED! - casear2727 - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 08:55 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I could potentially see Boyd or Mixon being cap casualties next offseason. Rb and wr could be addressed as early 2nd or 3rd round. Dang I missed the team being able to draft for depth.

And to think I was roasted a few months ago over this very common sense take....  RB, TE and Slot will become low paid positions moving forward (assuming we keep Tee, nonetheless QB, WR1, Oline and some receiver will be the priority spots)

RE: Collins SIGNED! - pulses - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 08:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. Probably Mixon over Boyd.

But, I think the cap is supposed to rise A LOT.

Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker anyone?

RE: Collins SIGNED! - Go Cards - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 07:41 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: DT, TE, CB
Not necessarily in that order. I agree they can now go BPA.

Agree 

and I'm in the minority but would like a RB as well, but being able to go BPA is as good as it gets going into draft.

Very excited !  

RE: Collins SIGNED! - Bengalbug - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 08:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: And to think I was roasted a few months ago over this very common sense take....  RB, TE and Slot will become low paid positions moving forward (assuming we keep Tee, nonetheless QB, WR1, Oline and some receiver will be the priority spots)

We have had the same take since the SB.

RE: Collins SIGNED! - THE PISTONS - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 08:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: And to think I was roasted a few months ago over this very common sense take....  RB, TE and Slot will become low paid positions moving forward (assuming we keep Tee, nonetheless QB, WR1, Oline and some receiver will be the priority spots)

That's obviously how it has to be.

RE: Collins SIGNED! - Synric - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 09:00 PM)pulses Wrote: Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker anyone?

If your gonna take a RB high in this class its Isaiah Spiller. There is a sizable gap between Spiller and Walker. (RB 1 and 2).

RE: Collins SIGNED! - bengalfan74 - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 08:54 PM)samhain Wrote: Same, but we're looking at three straight offseasons at this point where they've been very active in acquiring good to very good outside talent.  I think the days of the do-nothing, passive Bengals front office have ended.

Somehow, they've not only become active, but they're making great moves that pay dividends quickly.  You can't say that for every team that's utilizes outside FA to build a roster.  The Bengals have really stepped outside of their comfort zone and damn near immediately started knocking it out of the park.

It sure seems that way and man I makes me smile. What finally made them make the change ? Who knows

Remember what was it 2014, 15 I can't remember ? ML made a pre free agency statement along the lines of "we're gonna make big waves this year" And then like always we sat on our hands and only picked up a couple dumpster dive types.

This ain't your daddys Bengals anymore.

RE: Collins SIGNED! - pulses - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 09:03 PM)Synric Wrote: If your gonna take a RB high in this class its Isaiah Spiller. There is a sizable gap between Spiller and Walker. (RB 1 and 2).

I was thinking round 2 for a RB.

RE: Collins SIGNED! - wanga - 03-20-2022

This is great news. So it was just business as usual and the sky wasn’t falling?

Oline looking so much better now, so much better.

RE: Collins SIGNED! - Shake n Blake - 03-20-2022

Not sure why you'd be roasted for that. Most successful teams have a committee at RB and not a high paid "bell cow". When you have a QB and WR1 that will eat roughly 40% of the cap, you have to conserve money at some spots.

RB and possibly TE and slot WR seem as good as any spots to save some $ and just rotate guys on rookie deals or bargain contracts.

RE: Collins SIGNED! - casear2727 - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 09:02 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: We have had the same take since the SB.

(03-20-2022, 09:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's obviously how it has to be.

You guys were right there too.

RE: Collins SIGNED! - bengals1969 - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 08:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: TE, CB, LG, DT are our biggest needs.

Then S because of free agency.

And can always use DE.

There are no immediate needs for 2022 that the draft can address. But there are need’s everywhere starting in 2023. Take out QB and every position can use talent.

RE: Collins SIGNED! - Go Cards - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 08:55 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I could potentially see Boyd or Mixon being cap casualties next offseason. Rb and wr could be addressed as early 2nd or 3rd round. Dang I missed the team being able to draft for depth.

Careful I was roasted just yesterday for saying Mixon would be released for cap reasons in the future. 

Actually I believe it will be Mixon and Higgins. 

Really don't see them having to go high on WR just yet though, WR's seem to be NFL ready coming out these days and the defense still needs bolstering.  

Would like a RB in this draft in 3rd or 4th round though because Bengals will be running the ball a lot and Mixon is already getting too many carries. 

We need Mixon healthy throughout the season and playoffs. Alleviating some of his workload could help immensely imo. 

(03-20-2022, 09:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It sure seems that way and man I makes me smile. What finally made them make the change ? Who knows

Remember what was it 2014, 15 I can't remember ? ML made a pre free agency statement along the lines of "we're gonna make big waves this year" And then like always we sat on our hands and only picked up a couple dumpster dive types.

This ain't your daddys Bengals anymore.

I think they hit rock bottom the year before we drafted Burrow, so they upgraded the roster.

RE: Collins SIGNED! - rfaulk34 - 03-20-2022

How will anyone be a cap casualty when they're still currently under the cap and it will go up in 2023?

RE: Collins SIGNED! - bengalfan74 - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think they hit rock bottom the year before we drafted Burrow, so they upgraded the roster.

Something turned the light on

(03-20-2022, 09:09 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: There are no immediate needs for 2022 that the draft can address. But there are need’s everywhere starting in 2023. Take out QB and every position  can use talent.

There are needs for next year: TE, LG, CB2, DT.

We have 2 safeties in last year of deal.

RE: Collins SIGNED! - bfine32 - 03-20-2022

I'd like to see Denny's latest tweet after he looked like a dumb ass

(03-20-2022, 09:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Careful I was roasted just yesterday for saying Mixon would be released for cap reasons in the future. 

Actually I believe it will be Mixon and Higgins. 

Really don't see them having to go high on WR just yet though, WR's seem to be NFL ready coming out these days and the defense still needs bolstering.  

Would like a RB in this draft in 3rd or 4th round though because Bengals will be running the ball a lot and Mixon is already getting too many carries. 

We need Mixon healthy throughout the season and playoffs. Alleviating some of his workload could help immensely imo. 

Once your QB makes $50 million, it puts a premium on drafting players that can contribute. It's going to be interesting at that point.

We're in 'easy mode' for a GM now with a great QB on a rookie deal.