Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What would you like to happen? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What would you like to happen? (/Thread-What-would-you-like-to-happen)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: What would you like to happen? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:12 PM)wanga Wrote: The 5 minute warm up theory was refuted wasn’t it?

I saw Burrow warming up.

RE: What would you like to happen? - JaggedJimmyJay - 01-03-2023

Zac Taylor and Sean McDermott met. They discussed the situation. They came to an agreement. Both teams exited the field. The end.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Science Friction - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 05:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: IMO the Bills should be given the option to play it or forfeit. There should be no tie or "no contest". 

Exactly, Weezy !

The moment the Bengals agreed to leave the field and then the game altogether, they forfeited any sensible capacity to demand a forfeit.

Ridiculous.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Foolishpride - 01-03-2023

Moe Egger and Tony Pike were discussing this about the 5 minutes to warm up. They believe that came from the NFL since Joe Buck mentioned it. But after seeing the emotional reactions from both teams, they deduced that the NFL reconsidered.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Nebuchadnezzar - 01-03-2023

The Bengals don’t have to demand a forfeit, the league can reschedule the game for tomorrow and they play or one team forfeits.

RE: What would you like to happen? - casear2727 - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:12 PM)wanga Wrote: The 5 minute warm up theory was refuted wasn’t it?

I believe that the NFL office declaring it was refuted but that it is standard procedure for such a delay of game....?  

RE: What would you like to happen? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:24 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The Bengals don’t have to demand a forfeit, the league can reschedule the game for tomorrow and they play or one team forfeits.

They already ruled that out Neb, we aren't playing the Bills this week.

RE: What would you like to happen? - wanga - 01-03-2023

Bengals won’t demand a forfeit, the only way would be if the Bills offer it.

RE: What would you like to happen? - casear2727 - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:15 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Zac Taylor and Sean McDermott met. They discussed the situation. They came to an agreement. Both teams exited the field. The end.

If McDermott said his guys couldn't go what would you expect Zac to do or say?  Neither of us know what was said, but I don't think any coach would demand the game continue if the other team couldn't go.

(01-03-2023, 07:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If McDermott said his guys couldn't go what would you expect Zac to do or say?  Neither of us know what was said, but I don't think any coach would demand the game continue if the other team couldn't go.

And if you want a forfeit, you demand it right there. The Bengals didn’t.

If that feels morally repugnant, it’s still morally repugnant the next day.

(01-03-2023, 07:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I believe that the NFL office declaring it was refuted but that it is standard procedure for such a delay of game....?  

Would be the SOP I would imagine but I doubt an official call was ever issued. 

RE: What would you like to happen? - NUGDUKWE - 01-03-2023

Obviously above everything is the health of the player as everyone has said and that is the real tragedy here.

For the Bengals and us as fans it is unfortunate we didn't get the opportunity to win the AFC North and better our seeding and keep our chance for the #1 seed alive. I think a tie or a no contest is probably the only option as I don't think playing the game at a later date is viable. I think this result is unfair to the Bengals as it locks them into the 3rd seed. It's unfair to the Bills as they would need help to get the 1 seed and I also think it's unfair to the Ravens if we are awarded the North. Not really sure how this is fixed for all parties.

I would say to make it fair between us and the Bills I would say call it a tie. Locking us into the 3rd seed. Then if we both advance in the playoffs to face each other that game should be played at a neutral site. Does this seem like it would be a possibility? I thought with all the hype about last night's game the most important part of the game would've been the prospect of avoiding going to Buffalo for the playoffs as this could be a very tough road game.

“We totally stand with you, Buffalo. We’re in your corner. Prayers for Damar.

Oh, by the way, you’re going to need to forfeit Monday’s game.

We stand with you.”

(01-03-2023, 07:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw Burrow warming up.

I saw him throwing some balls around too. Looked more mind occupying to me than a serious warm up. 

RE: What would you like to happen? - Destro - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I believe that the NFL office declaring it was refuted but that it is standard procedure for such a delay of game....?  

I think it was the standard procedure and that was in effect while everyone else was still figuring out the logistics of the suspension of the game. Once they heard 5 minutes, everyone was like "whoa, forgot about that. Nah. We game is done tonight." I don't think the NFL was pushing the game. 

(01-03-2023, 07:33 PM)Destro Wrote: I think it was the standard procedure and that was in effect while everyone else was still figuring out the logistics of the suspension of the game. Once they heard 5 minutes, everyone was like "whoa, forgot about that. Nah. We game is done tonight." I don't think the NFL was pushing the game. 

I’d agree. Anyway I’m hoping the young man gets better soon. The circular discussion about the outcome of the game result won’t affect the decision by the League so best just to wait and see and learn to live with it. 

I think it's possible that the Bengals will be granted a win. If so though, it'd be because the game is called at 7-3. That's not something I find tasteful, but at least there's an argument for it that makes some semblance of sense. I don't see any valid scenario that includes a forfeit.

Also possible that it's a no contest or a tie. Maybe they try to play the game out in a week 19 (I hope not). We'll see.

If it is a no contest, I hope Burrow's TD pass isn't wiped. That's obviously not important at all, so whatever, but it's a minor preference of mine.

RE: What would you like to happen? - Mickeypoo - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree, give us the win or we play the Bills after we play the Ravens. Only 2 ways to go on this one and giving us the win is 
unfair to the Bills. So play the game after is the only way to go unless the Bills want to take a loss which I don't see them 
conceding.

Bit confusing that is for sure, either give us the win or we play the Bills after we play the Ravens I think simplifies it all.

Agreed.