Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. (/Thread-This-is-the-Worst-Free-Agency-I-ve-Ever-Seen-since-Burrow-was-Drafted)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NotBigzo - 03-15-2023

Doesn;'t the bonus put us over the cap? They're really got to cut Mixon now.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - TecmoBengals - 03-16-2023

Time to close this thread.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NotBigzo - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:58 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I gotta give you props man. You are entertaining!  Hilarious

See edit.

the versitility this gives us can't be understated.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-16-2023

Look, Brown is NOT a fantastic pass blocker. Good, but he is not Munoz. But the run blocking just got a ton better. The idea that we couod actually punish teams for playing 2 high safeties is now in play. I got no idea what it does to the cap sheet.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - phil413 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 12:00 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Time to close this thread.

Or merge it into the eating crow thread...just s week early.  Tobin and Katie must have burner accounts here. 

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Bengalstripes9 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 12:00 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Time to close this thread.

I say archive it! Like I said earlier, it's gold! Never laughed so hard reading a thread. Great memes. Great content all around. We need this kind of content!

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Luvnit2 - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: This dude got clapped by Trey Hendrickson on the regular.

The fact that KC went with a RT to play LT tells me they could know something here. This is kind of SUS.

But the versitility that this brings to existing O line problems leaves the possibilities endless.

Jonah/La'el to RT or RG? Volson is now a detph piece. Jackson is back packing I guess.

So the KC plan was to replace a 26 year old all pro 4 years in a row (LT) for a more expensive RT they have to move to LT since their RT was lost in free agency?  Sarcasm

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Synric - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: This dude got clapped by Trey Hendrickson on the regular.

The fact that KC went with a RT to play LT tells me they could know something here. This is kind of SUS.

But the versitility that this brings to existing O line problems leaves the possibilities endless.

Jonah/La'el to RT or RG? Volson is now a detph piece. Jackson is back packing I guess.

Trey Hendrickson gave Trent Williams issues in 2021 he is just that good lol. I'm not saying Orlando Brown is the greatest in pass pro but with Burrows quick game his style fits. Myles Garrett is still going to give the Bengals fits but against guys like Alex Highsmith I think Brown will have more success than Williams did.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Bengalstripes9 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 12:00 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: See edit.

the versitility this gives us can't be understated.

I agree. I wonder about Carmon at RT (while Collins heals) as he showed some nice run blocking in the playoffs. If we can run the ball effectively it will open up so much for this offense.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Luvnit2 - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:59 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Doesn;'t the bonus put us over the cap? They're really got to cut Mixon now.

Bonus will be spread over life of contract, at least 4 years and maybe has voidable years. So, cap hit in 2023 for bonus portion is 31 million /4 = 7.8 million each year

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Synric - 03-16-2023

Browns just signed Maurice Hurst. That is their third defensive line signing... Don't look now but the Browns are having a quietly great off season.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-16-2023

[Image: ci-old-crow-original-4b2829bb76083039.jpeg]

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - casear2727 - 03-16-2023

Dude you are only thing suspect this week. You really didnt know signing bonuses were prorated either?  Maybe just read for awhile?

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-16-2023

I just felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if fredtoast’s head exploded like the planet Alderaan after the front office did something he swore for years they couldn’t do.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NotBigzo - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 12:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So the KC plan was to replace a 26 year old all pro 4 years in a row (LT) for a more expensive RT they have to move to LT since their RT was lost in free agency?  Sarcasm

Orlando Brown is ass in pass protection. Any improvements we get is because Jonah is assier. 

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Yogo - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 12:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I just felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if fredtoast’s head exploded like the planet Alderaan after the front office did something he swore for years they couldn’t do.

Where is Fred these days?

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - StoneTheCrow - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 12:38 AM)Yogo Wrote: Where is Fred these days?

Arguing with himself in the mirror about the weight of importance of a player’s YAC average.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Bengalbug - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 12:32 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Orlando Brown is ass in pass protection. Any improvements we get is because Jonah is assier. 

Just leave.

Your comments were funny at first, even though it was unwarranted, but it’s getting old.

Without a doubt, a significant upgrade at a position of need. Is he Munoz, no. Is he the best LT since whit, yes. Will he give up 12 sacks in a year? No. Jonah almost gave up more sacks in a year, than brown has in 4.

I really don’t want to see burrow on the ground more Than needed.

(03-14-2023, 11:48 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Seriously.

How do we lose TWO starting safeties in day one, especially knowing that we're out of the market for one of them?

"We want to go younger" is just a euphemism for "we want to be cheap skates". Vonn Bell and Bates is what got us to the SB two years ago, LITERALLY. Look at that overtime interception.

If the Bengals decide to pay for one of the remaining good ones, it's STILL a downgrade. But I get a feeling that they're just fine with Tycen Anderson, which will be a disaster against the Bills and the Cheifs.

The Bengals can't afford to have its episodes of buttcheek offense anymore. The Defense won't be top 10 next season.

This feels a like more like a decline. The Bills and Cheifs addressed core issues day one. Bengals objectively are worse off.

I want to apologize for laughing at your posts. I feel bad. Ive been depressed before and what I’ve found is that by getting out of my head (out of my own way), and focusing on being grateful for all I have, life becomes extremely joyful—seriously, it’s fun pretty much all the time. Just by focusing on my passions, setting goals, being healthy, and being in tune with my life force energy—it’s life changing. Over analyzing and overthinking does more harm than good.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - casear2727 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 01:26 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I want to apologize for laughing at your posts. I feel bad. Ive been depressed before and what I’ve found is that by getting out of my head (out of my own way), and focusing on being grateful for all I have, life becomes extremely joyful—seriously, it’s fun pretty much all the time. Just by focusing on my passions, setting goals, being healthy, and being in tune with my life force energy—it’s life changing. Over analyzing and overthinking does more harm than good.

The guy is a troll.  Look at his most recent comments.